Just got the shoot box in:

5194285840_088b2f88f2_z.jpg

Oh, and here is the new patch:

5194286396_489831c707_z.jpg

Dr Falken

Expert
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have a question. I am contracted with the US Army to go active duty for four years. My ship date is Dec. 28 of this year. I am in the Future Soldiers Training Program right now. Would I qualify for the discount? I was thinking of trying to get the Riley shoot on Sunday, maybe get Rifleman before I left. Just curious if I would qualify, might go anyhow...you won't offend me if the answer is no. Thanks

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have a question. I am contracted with the US Army to go active duty for four years. My ship date is Dec. 28 of this year. I am in the Future Soldiers Training Program right now. Would I qualify for the discount? I was thinking of trying to get the Riley shoot on Sunday, maybe get Rifleman before I left. Just curious if I would qualify, might go anyhow...you won't offend me if the answer is no. Thanks

You signed the papers, you get the deal. (PM me for more info)

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Riley's pre-reg numbers jumped by 5 today, if this keeps up we'll sell out by tomorrow...best get registered tonight folks.

Weather forecast is also looking really good, sunny, highs in the 40's.

Come on out and work off some of that turkey and dressing.

HH

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    And for those who are signed up already, don't forget to take some time each night... 10-15 minutes is fine... on the floor, practicing a seated and a prone position. You'll want to do this a while after your supper settles. If you don't want to have a rifle in the house because of either Cooper's or our Four Rules, just use a broom or some such.

If you need examples of these so you know how, look at the top of the Appleseed forum here on INGO for a sticky I posted a while back with photos (edit: Or click here. :))

Your body will hate you during the week but will thank you this weekend, trust me on this.

Blessings,
    Bill

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    For anyone looking for a hotel, I just got an email from Drury inn with a promo code. Use Gift as the promo code and get a room for 69.99/night. I think it is only good through sat night. Hot breakfast, evening drinks and snacks...My son and I will be there.

PeaShooter

Great tip! I think I'm going the super-low cost method of the air mattress in the back of the SUV...pending that my SUV is in good enough condition after getting hit in the parking lot of the motel this morning. :n00b:

Start packing those warm clothes NOW! :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Great tip! I think I'm going the super-low cost method of the air mattress in the back of the SUV...pending that my SUV is in good enough condition after getting hit in the parking lot of the motel this morning. :n00b:

Start packing those warm clothes NOW! :D
    IIT.gif
    AC.gif

NOW!
    RHI.gif

Ouch! Hope you two weren't in it when it happened! In my old car, there were a couple of times I slept in the Mazda Motel... that's why I bought a bigger car this time. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    NOW!
    RHI.gif

Ouch! Hope you two weren't in it when it happened! In my old car, there were a couple of times I slept in the Mazda Motel... that's why I bought a bigger car this time. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

No worries, we weren't in it and it's really not that bad at all. And we had lots of duct tape with us to hold the wheel cover together since we were prepared with all of our Appleseed gear. :D Also good is that I have a wheel cover. If they had hit the back door directly, they may have damaged one of the couple* (*exact number may be off +/- four-ish :whistle:) rifles in the back!

And we had two nights in the Grand Vitara Villa on the way to Texas, so it was nice to break it up with a real motel before I head back to the GV Villa again this weekend.

BTW: nice edit - love the new blue hat smiley. :rockwoot:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Where, geographically, is the Riley range?
    I cannot get Mapquest, yahoo maps, or google maps to locate it..... Does anyone have the address?

I would love to attend on Sun if there are places still open on the line and it's not too far of a hike. Too many projects going on this week for a whole weekend.

You see, I have a new AR and would absofarginlutely love to try out that 200 yard line:ar15:

OK,,,,Went to the '10 schedule and signed up. I guess Eventbrite wouldn't let me do it if there weren't slots still open;

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Jun 26, 2008
    Signed up for Riley next weekend. Me, Cathy, Sean.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to all the military qualification courses I've fired over the years. Worst case, I'll get to go shooting, get a good history lesson, hang out with cool folks.

I'm betting I'll learn lots, though. Can't remember ever having had any kind of training where I didn't.

We are ashamed of our guns. They are not uber-chic LTRs. Just a plain ole 10/22 carbine, 1 magazine, Cathy's Marlin Model 60, Sean's 795 with 1 mag. At least we can try to hook Cathy up with an aluminum arrow so she can can do quick reloads :D Sean is the only one with sling on his gun.

Will the cool kids make fun of our guns?

Serious question. The website says there is a $10 range fee for shooters, except for ladies and brats. Is that per day, or for the whole event?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Answering here from another thread:

It will be interesting to see how it compares to all the military qualification courses I've fired over the years. Worst case, I'll get to go shooting, get a good history lesson, hang out with cool folks.

I'm betting I'll learn lots, though. Can't remember ever having had any kind of training where I didn't.

We are ashamed of our guns. They are not uber-chic LTRs. Just a plain ole 10/22 carbine, 1 magazine, Cathy's Marlin Model 60, Sean's 795 with 1 mag. At least we can try to hook Cathy up with an aluminum arrow so she can can do quick reloads :D Sean is the only one with sling on his gun.

Serious question. The website says there is a $10 range fee for shooters, except for ladies and brats. Is that per day, or for the whole event?

Plain old guns are fine but you'll want minimum 2 magazines each (ask about loaner mags if needed.)

Arrows or McDonalds straws do make fine speedloaders for tube-feds.

You've still got time to throw some 1.25" sling swivels on your rifles and could likely borrow loaner web slings for the weekend. ;)

The cool kids won't say much when you outshoot them with a plain old rifle, now will they? :D

$10 range fee is for the whole event

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I'll be there on Sunday only, but I have spare mags for both the Ruger and the 795 Marlin that you can borrow if you need them.

Top Bottom