Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SCOTUS just ruled

SCOTUS 5-4 invalidates EPA regulations refusing to consider costs in determining whether to regulate power plants' air pollution.

AP: SCOTUS rules Obama administration unlawfully failed to consider costs when deciding to regulate mercury pollution from plants.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    SCOTUS just ruled

SCOTUS 5-4 invalidates EPA regulations refusing to consider costs in determining whether to regulate power plants' air pollution.

AP: SCOTUS rules Obama administration unlawfully failed to consider costs when deciding to regulate mercury pollution from plants.

Are you being sarcastic, or did it really happen? I don't want to look!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Side observation...anyone look into the ratio of 5-4 SCOTUS votes vs all other ratios? I'm betting the SCOTUS is just as deeply divided and diametrically fundamentally opposed as every other branch.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Side observation...anyone look into the ratio of 5-4 SCOTUS votes vs all other ratios? I'm betting the SCOTUS is just as deeply divided and diametrically fundamentally opposed as every other branch.

Which is a huge problem. They should be focused solely on the Constitution and whether or not laws are consistent with it as written . . . or not. As written.

The political games gave to end.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Which is a huge problem. They should be focused solely on the Constitution and whether or not laws are consistent with it as written . . . or not. As written.

Exactly right. Deciding on whether a law - as written - is constitutional shouldn't be so open to interpretation especially where personal political views are concerned. I'm glad I'm an engineer and we don't debate whether things are mathematically correct or not - they either are or they're not.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Anyone notice that on controversial issues, the 4 Democrat-appointed justices vote in lock-step? I haven't done a study, but I'd bet there is a very low percentage of 5-4/6-3 votes where they split their vote. The political discussions are never about how Kagan, Ginsberg, Breyer and Solomayer are going to vote. Those votes are counted even before arguments are made. Instead, all of the discussion is around how the other five are going to vote.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Sorry rhino. The judicial branch has become the third political branch. Recent decisions show that the text of the law and the text and intent of the Constitution aren't the deciding factors.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Exactly right. Deciding on whether a law - as written - is constitutional shouldn't be so open to interpretation especially where personal political views are concerned. I'm glad I'm an engineer and we don't debate whether things are mathematically correct or not - they either are or they're not.

Bringing us back to the topic, too bad the same level of objectivity seems to elude so many who "study" "climate science."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Scientists Trace Heat Wave To Massive Star At Center Of Solar System

PASADENA, CA—Groundbreaking new findings announced Monday suggest the record-setting heat wave plaguing much of the United States may be due to radiation emitted from an enormous star located in the center of the solar system.
    We originally thought that if this star was producing temperatures of 100-plus in the South and Midwest, it must be at least 100 degrees itself," Kivens added. "But it turns out it's far, far hotter than that, with a surface temperature of nearly 10,900 degrees Fahrenheit.
    :runaway:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Until the volcano erupts, when that fire cracker goes off it will get really HOT for a while till the sea closes in to cool things off...that will probably be about the same time CA falls into the ocean.

It's possible. However, the Big Island is the oldest (first over the hotspot) and has been moving away from it's hotspot. Eruptions there will become less likely over time and will become permanently dormant eventually.

Top Bottom