Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    ARGH!

I envy the young punk. The athletic facilities they have now are literally world class. In the old fieldhouse, we had a crappy weight room that wasn't very big. I spent a lot of time there.

I still remember the final (regular-season) basketball game in Shook: a raucous crowd leading the Fightin' Engineers to a victory over Wabash. The pep band had the place rocking, the cannon was booming, and the clacking of the wood blocks and clanging of trash can lids deafening.

There were two other games played in Shook after that game - a conference tourney loss to Wabash, and a DIII tournament first-round victory over Wash U. STL - but ask anyone, and it'll be that regular-season win over Wabash that will stand out.

NCAA Division III basketball tournament returns to Rose-Hulman - Terre Haute Tribune Star: Local College Sports

Oh, and I still have those wood blocks.

"Give 'em Hell, Rose!"

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    VDcsExa.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My primary memories of Shook Fieldhouse:

1. The first time I bench pressed over 300 lbs just before the end of the first quarter of my freshman year.
    2. Getting caught in the locker room showers when the power went out TWICE. It wasn't just dark, it was NO LIGHT AT ALL. No emergency lights in the shower at that time, just a crappy one in the hallway outside of the locker room door. That and another incident in my basement lab in Berkeley in 87 or 88 combined to motive me to carry flashlights.
    3. The first time I heard that cannon fire inside --- I didn't know it was going to happen!

I still remember the final (regular-season) basketball game in Shook: a raucous crowd leading the Fightin' Engineers to a victory over Wabash. The pep band had the place rocking, the cannon was booming, and the clacking of the wood blocks and clanging of trash can lids deafening.

There were two other games played in Shook after that game - a conference tourney loss to Wabash, and a DIII tournament first-round victory over Wash U. STL - but ask anyone, and it'll be that regular-season win over Wabash that will stand out.

NCAA Division III basketball tournament returns to Rose-Hulman - Terre Haute Tribune Star: Local College Sports

Oh, and I still have those wood blocks.

"Give 'em Hell, Rose!"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My primary memories of Shook Fieldhouse:

1. The first time I bench pressed over 300 lbs just before the end of the first quarter of my freshman year.
    2. Getting caught in the locker room showers when the power went out TWICE. It wasn't just dark, it was NO LIGHT AT ALL. No emergency lights in the shower at that time, just a crappy one in the hallway outside of the locker room door. That and another incident in my basement lab in Berkeley in 87 or 88 combined to motive me to carry flashlights.
    3. The first time I heard that cannon fire inside --- I didn't know it was going to happen!

You know people are gonna talk, right?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I saw killer whales kill a juvenile humpback whale and just leave it floating on Nat Geo Wild yesterday. It floated close enough to shore that brown bears ate most of it. A fox got a nibble, and the rest went to the coastal seabirds.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I saw killer whales kill a juvenile humpback whale and just leave it floating on Nat Geo Wild yesterday. It floated close enough to shore that brown bears ate most of it. A fox got a nibble, and the rest went to the coastal seabirds.

I don't blame the orcas...... man gave them the title "killer" you can't live that kind of street cred down without acting on it....
    therefore.... man is to blame.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Must have missed this one back in 2013 - The Center for American Progress’ Christie Hefner - somehow, in Chicago, climate change and gun violence are related. Pray tell!

MSNBC Guest?s Bizarre Claim: Climate Change ?Driving? Chicago?s Gun Violence | Video | TheBlaze.com

oh...I see...rising temperatures to about 80 degrees are highly correlated to gun violence...not time of day?...no winter violence?...I understand...

When you're already pushing a really big lie, why not accessorize with additional lies?

Top Bottom