Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think the real issue for me is no matter what evidence, proof, logic, or anything else that you present to a global warming wacko, they just will not care. They will tell you that you are stupid and you are wrong and then walk away. It will actually help to solidify they belief in this insanity. I think the reason for this is because its tied to a political position. They call us right wing crazies and hate us more. I personally know a professor who is a scientist and extremely good chemist. He's so deeply solidified in global warming that he wont even admit the 17 years of no warming. He wont even admit that NASA admits there has been no warming for 17 years. I literally asked him to admit what NASA has admitted and he will not. He then turns into the liberal hack that trash talks and runs away like a high school kid. This is a man devoted to science and "the truth" and yet when faced with the truth he becomes a partisan political baby and his mind turns to the hate filled left and trash talk. This is what i believe is the real problem. The left will not even admit the truth when it hits them in the face. How do you get someone to admit they are wrong? I believe its their religion and they are the most fanatical people on the planet(right there with ISIS in terms of mindset). If someone showed me actual proof of something, i would have to admit it, or i would be looked at as insane. Yet the truth is right there in front of their faces, and yet we are the dumb ones. Its beyond frustrating. Its pure insanity.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the real issue for me is no matter what evidence, proof, logic, or anything else that you present to a global warming wacko, they just will not care. They will tell you that you are stupid and you are wrong and then walk away. It will actually help to solidify they belief in this insanity. I think the reason for this is because its tied to a political position. They call us right wing crazies and hate us more. I personally know a professor who is a scientist and extremely good chemist. He's so deeply solidified in global warming that he wont even admit the 17 years of no warming. He wont even admit that NASA admits there has been no warming for 17 years. I literally asked him to admit what NASA has admitted and he will not. He then turns into the liberal hack that trash talks and runs away like a high school kid. This is a man devoted to science and "the truth" and yet when faced with the truth he becomes a partisan political baby and his mind turns to the hate filled left and trash talk. This is what i believe is the real problem. The left will not even admit the truth when it hits them in the face. How do you get someone to admit they are wrong? I believe its their religion and they are the most fanatical people on the planet(right there with ISIS in terms of mindset). If someone showed me actual proof of something, i would have to admit it, or i would be looked at as insane. Yet the truth is right there in front of their faces, and yet we are the dumb ones. Its beyond frustrating. Its pure insanity.

Apparently he is not really.

Another factor is that once someone who should know better has jumped on the bandwagon, sometimes it's tough or impossible for them to admit they were 1) wrong and 2) accepted fallacious claims unsupported by evidence because the conclusion agreed with their socio-political views. Egos are powerful things and once someone is painted into a corner, some are too weak to admit it and crawl out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Another factor is that once someone who should know better has jumped on the bandwagon, sometimes it's tough or impossible for them to admit they were 1) wrong and 2) accepted fallacious claims unsupported by evidence because the conclusion agreed with their socio-political views. Egos are powerful things and once someone is painted into a corner, some are too weak to admit it and crawl out.

How many fallacious claims unsupported by evidence does it take before they stop trusting progressive media?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Great article.

What It Would Take to Prove Global Warming

Personally, I'm easier to please. If Algore or Leo DiCaprio start living like they really think it's a crisis, I might reconsider.

Here is another one for you:

Screen-Shot-2015-04-21-at-9.05.06-PM-600x324.png

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

Another factor is that once someone who should know better has jumped on the bandwagon, sometimes it's tough or impossible for them to admit they were 1) looking for grants and 2) accepted fallacious claims unsupported by evidence because the conclusion agreed with their grants for next year. Egos are powerful things and once someone is painted into a corner, some are too weak to admit it and crawl out.

fify

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those who have not had the privilege, here is how I celebrate Earth Day:

1. Rent a Ford Excursion or vehicle that consumes fuel as a similar or higher rate.
    2. Find a parking lot where an unattended vehicle will not be noticed.
    3. Park Excursion with fuel tank full.
    4. Leave ignition "on."
    5. Step out of vehicle.
    6. Place brick or other adequately heavy object on gas pedal.
    7. Close door and lock it.
    8. Walk away.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Bill Nye...
    Bill Nye...

The mechanical engineer from Cornell? BSME?

He's the expert we're talking about flying around in AF1? Well, my - oh - my, I believe we have better experts right here on INGO. My BSEE is from UofL Speed, and MSEM from Rose-Hulman. Now that we've all pounded our chests about how smart engineers are...

...what were we talking about?...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Bill Nye...
    Bill Nye...

The mechanical engineer from Cornell? BSME?

He's the expert we're talking about flying around in AF1? Well, my - oh - my, I believe we have better experts right here on INGO. My BSEE is from UofL Speed, and MSEM from Rose-Hulman. Now that we've all pounded our chests about how smart engineers are...

...what were we talking about?...

Whoa! I thought Bill Nye was a EE!!

PLEASE don't tell me I have live down that he's an ME.

PLEASE.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Didn't that trip take something like 9,000 gallons of jet fuel?

According to Earth Day, they have evidently extended the day the world tipping point ends us by 25 more years.
    always remember

they aren't talking about themselves

they mean you

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    CRAP.

From Bill Nye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After attending Lafayette Elementary and Alice Deal Junior High in the city, he was accepted to the private Sidwell Friends School on a partial scholarship and graduated in 1973.[8][9] He studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University (where he took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan)[10] and graduated with a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering in 1977.[11] Nye occasionally returns to Cornell as a professor to guest-lecture introductory-level astronomy and human ecology classes.[12]

Now I have to carry this shame in perpetuity.

Top Bottom