Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We all should have jumped on the "let's all not read the Indiana RFRA and then say egregiously stupid things about it because we have no idea what it really says" bandwagon while it was still in the chute. At this point, we might be able to grab ahold of the "We know what it says, but we're going to lie about it over and over to further our political agenda, and at some point stupid people will either believe us or go along to avoid being pilloried over lies" movement . . . if we hurry.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    We all should have jumped on the "let's all not read the Indiana RFRA and then say egregiously stupid things about it because we have no idea what it really says" bandwagon while it was still in the chute. At this point, we might be able to grab ahold of the "We know what it says, but we're going to lie about it over and over to further our political agenda, and at some point stupid people will either believe us or go along to avoid being pilloried over lies" movement . . . if we hurry.

I was glad to see all four NCAA final four coaches make their statements that aligned with the NCAA (shock), that discrimination will not be tolerated. Well I'm glad we got that settled. The institutions of higher learning apparently don't want to be bothered with reading either. Where was all this outcry back when Bill Clinton signed virtually the same law on a federal level?

Back to global cooling - I'm IN! Just got back from Santa Maria (business) where the coastal temps were in the 50's. They're still enduring drought. Took a really nice mountain drive for about 50 miles and saw some beautiful California mountains.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Back to global cooling - I'm IN! Just got back from Santa Maria (business) where the coastal temps were in the 50's. They're still enduring drought. Took a really nice mountain drive for about 50 miles and saw some beautiful California mountains.

I find it interesting that drought is blamed on global warming and on global cooling.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I had to unsubscribe from those threads. The ignorance was astounding.

Drought isn't blamed on cooling or warming. It's blamed on climate change..er, um, uh, I guess that is warming and cooling.

Never mind.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I find it interesting that drought is blamed on global warming and on global cooling.

I had to unsubscribe from those threads. The ignorance was astounding.

Drought isn't blamed on cooling or warming. It's blamed on climate change..er, um, uh, I guess that is warming and cooling.

Never mind.

Drought isn't blamed on either. Global warming, cooling, climate change, whatever. It's blamed on Republicans.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    globalwarmingdeniers.jpg

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It's generally credited to Arrhenius in the 1890's. His work derived from the work of Fourier in the 1820's, who proved that an atmosphere makes a planet warmer than no atmosphere.

I think the key discovery was by Tyndall in 1859. He showed that certain gases in the atmosphere cause it to retain more heat than others.

That led directly to Arrhenius' calculation showing that the CO2 being released by human industry will raise the earth's temperature in predictable fashion.

It's hard to say when something becomes "conventional wisdom". It's generally known for a long time before, often centuries, and may even be accepted by the majority of scientists, as was the case with the heliocentric theory of the solar system, before it becomes "official. Some would credit AGW as late as the late 1930's or early 1940's. It was definitely considered "proven" (if you like that word) by the end of WWII, but there were still a few scientists who remained skeptical as late as the 1960's. Nobody keeps track after that, as far as I know.

Source(s): http://www.livescience.com/environment/0...

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/timel...

doctor david suzuki . proffesor university of british colombia , doctrates from several other universities . well respected by his peers. has qwn science show in canada , since canada srarted to lose the artic ice pack 1987 .this was the first prophecy , which is coming true . his estimate , time wise less than 5 years .

5 years left..............in 1987

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Lawrence Solomon: Global warming doomsayers take note: Earth’s 19th Little Ice Age has begun

[url]http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/lawrence-solomon-global-warming-doomsayers-take-note-earths-19th-little-ice-age-has-begun#__federated=1

[/URL]
    Enter Habibullo Abdussamatov of the Pulkovo Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the scientist who heads Russia’s space research laboratory and its global warming research using data collected by the International Space Station. Unlike other scientists in the global warming field who have had to continually backtrack, sidestep and spin erroneous findings when their models proved embarrassingly wrong, Abdussamatov’s studies over the last decade have stayed on course, in keeping with the actual temperature readings that ultimately provide a true measure of climate change.

His latest study, published in Thermal Science, delivers this week’s second whammy. It continues the analysis he has long pursued, which consistently arrives at the same conclusion: Earth is now entering a new Little Ice Age, Earth’s 19th Little Ice Age, to be precise. Abdussamatov has been quite confident of his findings for what might strike some as odd reasons: His science is based on that of the giants in the field — astronomers like Milutin Milankovitch, who a century ago described how tilts in its axis and other changes in the Earth’s movements determine its climate, and William Herschel, who two centuries ago noticed an inverse correlation between wheat prices on Earth and the number of sunspots generated by the Sun’s cycles. (Hint: the more energy from the Sun that Earth gets, the more warmth Earth receives, the more abundant the wheat crops, the lower the price of wheat; the less energy from the Sun, the less warmth, the more wheat crop failures, the higher the wheat price.)

The paper:

https://curryja.files.wordpress.com/...dussamatov.pdf

Last edited:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident

Nice to see an article that actually has predictive value and not based on an assumption that never pans out after years of different computer models. I would venture a bet that this data will some how be incorporated in future models as a constant, better known as a fudge factor, and never explain what it is accounting for.

It's the sun, stupid!

Top Bottom