Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So...then as we see in another thread, the prevailing explanation is the ocean temperatures are rising as they absorb CO2 as sort of a heat storage device, then that stored heat will be released soon and all will normalize manifested as severe spikes in global temperatures. Rising ocean temperatures (again I'm not a climate scientist just a regular old engineer) sounds a lot like el-nino/la-nina. We built our home in 1998 and it was warm that year with lots and LOTS of rain - el-nino they said, rising ocean temps piling up against the Pacific Coast they said.

The people making that claim are reporting fraudulent ocean temperatures, as well, using the same, broad-brush infilling techniques as with land temperatures.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Imagine if I were still doing research on ramjet combustion instabilities and I "infilled" missing data points, then presented the results, analysis, and conclusions it as legitimate research. The peer review would be brutal and my behavior would either be self-corrected and/or I would be finished.

Now shift to a different area of study where the so-called peer review is onboard with the conclusions not only in absence of supporting evidence, but prior to any evidence and in spite of contrary evidence. Combine that with systematically marginalizing any who question the conclusions and methods, with unfailing support of the mass media. Bing, bang, boom . . . the science is settled.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Imagine if I were still doing research on ramjet combustion instabilities and I "infilled" missing data points, then presented the results, analysis, and conclusions it as legitimate research. The peer review would be brutal and my behavior would either be self-corrected and/or I would be finished.

Now shift to a different area of study where the so-called peer review is onboard with the conclusions not only in absence of supporting evidence, but prior to any evidence and in spite of contrary evidence. Combine that with systematically marginalizing any who question the conclusions and methods, with unfailing support of the mass media. Bing, bang, boom . . . the science is settled.

I feel ya Rhino. All those years of reporting regression analysis on the Navy's submarine and war fighting electrochemical systems...If I'd "infilled" that data and reversed trends I'd be in jail.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I feel ya Rhino. All those years of reporting regression analysis on the Navy's submarine and war fighting electrochemical systems...If I'd "infilled" that data and reversed trends I'd be in jail.

Indeed.

On the bright side, all of this hoax, deception, and outright fraud has opened my eyes to some things. Much as gun owners tend to naively believe that others who own guns are necessarily "good people," I lived much of my live believing that scientists, engineers, and math nerds lived and worked in a context of integrity, ethics, and the pursuit of real truth. The lying that pervades just this one issue makes me want to cry and it diminishes all who study or practice science or engineering.

When the leaders of the American Physical Society published a position paper fully supporting humans as the primary source of global warming as well as the predictions of the dire results, I realized no one is immune to allowing their religion from compromising their ethics and intelligence.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I lived much of my live believing that scientists, engineers, and math nerds lived and worked in a context of integrity, ethics, and the pursuit of real truth.

If I had those notions, I didn't hold them for very long. I remember reading an article when I was young (yeah, that's the kind of stuff I read when I was 15) that talked about Gregor Mendel fudging his data on his experiments with pea plants. Then, I found out that Watson and Crick stole information on the double helix of DNA and used it, along with their own data to be the first to publish. Even Thomas Edison did some pretty dirty dealing to persuade people that his idea for DC current was much better than Tesla's idea for AC current. Edison even went so far as to hook an elephant up to AC and electrocute it (it's a nasty video and can be found on the internet) to show the danger of AC.

People of science are just as fallible and prone to deceit as any other people, because they're, you know.....people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I had those notions, I didn't hold them for very long. I remember reading an article when I was young (yeah, that's the kind of stuff I read when I was 15) that talked about Gregor Mendel fudging his data on his experiments with pea plants. Then, I found out that Watson and Crick stole information on the double helix of DNA and used it, along with their own data to be the first to publish. Even Thomas Edison did some pretty dirty dealing to persuade people that his idea for DC current was much better than Tesla's idea for AC current. Edison even went so far as to hook an elephant up to AC and electrocute it (it's a nasty video and can be found on the internet) to show the danger of AC.

People of science are just as fallible and prone to deceit as any other people, because they're, you know.....people.

So do you think it's fair for the warmists to denigrate the skeptics? The "national conversation" that we're supposedly having is pretty one sided. Starting the conversation with "the science has been decided" is not a conversation at all. It's a declaration of impunity.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lawdy, lawdy! I do believe I'm coming down with a powerful case of the vapours!

I think I'll just ride this issue for another 5+ years until the "hiatus" proves to be the new normal and the AGCC crowd has to tap dance some more. Should be fun to watch.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here is something troubling.

Popular Science jumped on the "the science is settled" bandwagon early. It's tough to go through an entire issue that doesn't have some sanctimonious, condescending remarks about global warming and those who choose to wait for actual evidence before choosing to believe. I wouldn't care, but my dad liked the magazine for years and wanted me to renew the subscription until I couldn't take it any longer and discussed their explicit or implicit editorial policy on this issue with him. No more subscription.

Now the troubling part: by contrast, Popular Mechanics has shown a similar amount of skepticism and refusal to bow to the social pressures of the new religion. For this and their respect for the individual right to keep and bear arms, I respected them. Plus it's a much better magazine. Unfortunately I read an article a few month ago that could have come from the pages of Popular Science, which I believe actually used the term "deniers" several times. I was . . . disappointed. Hopefully it was a one-off and not a trend.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Lawdy, lawdy! I do believe I'm coming down with a powerful case of the vapours!

I think I'll just ride this issue for another 5+ years until the "hiatus" proves to be the new normal and the AGCC crowd has to tap dance some more. Should be fun to watch.
    Increasing greenhouse gas levels have caused climate to unnaturally stabilize!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tell you what, John (may I call you John?)... When the climate models can accurately predict future observations, THEN we can call them a Theory. Until then, they are a hypothesis, or maybe even conjecture. Hardly something you want to hitch your carriage to just yet.

Oh, and that Gravity thing? We moved beyond Newtonian Physics a while back. Your understanding of "gravity" is likely as good as your understanding of climatology.

I really wish these politicians would just come out and say:
    a) We are heavily invested in "green" energy and products, and want to cash in!
    b) We NEED this opportunity to invent new legislation and further control the populace! Without a crisis, you don't NEED government!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm still onboard with Newtonian Mechanics. At low speeds and in inertial reference frames, NEWTON RULEZ DA BUS!

Just sayin'.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not saying Newton doesn't work in our day-to-day. Just that if falls WAY short at scale. Heck, even our CURRENT theories fall short at even grander (and miniscule) scales. Certainly no unified theory that works across the board.

And to tie this all back in... Climatology hasn't even hit the Newton level yet. Predictions from a few years ago haven't come to pass. When the climate apple is dropped, we have no idea if it will go up, down, sideways, or spontaneously turn into pie.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not saying Newton doesn't work in our day-to-day. Just that if falls WAY short at scale. Heck, even our CURRENT theories fall short at even grander (and miniscule) scales. Certainly no unified theory that works across the board.

And to tie this all back in... Climatology hasn't even hit the Newton level yet. Predictions from a few years ago haven't come to pass. When the climate apple is dropped, we have no idea if it will go up, down, sideways, or spontaneously turn into pie.

In reality, climatology will always be a branch of social studies. With no spontaneous apple pie generation.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom