Report: No "Global Warming" for 325 Months...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think this report pretty much destroys the theory of global warming?

Monster Hurricanes Reached US Northeast During Prehistoric Periods Of Ocean Warming ~ Ideas, Inventions And Innovations

"The intense prehistoric hurricanes were fueled in part by warmer sea surface temperatures in the Atlantic Ocean during the ancient period investigated than have been the norm off the U.S. East Coast over the last few hundred years, according to the study."

Wait,are you telling me the ocean has been warmer than it is now in the past and that it has been cooler causing less storms for the last 400 years?

Silly question.Who caused the warmer oceans pre 1600?

Well, it a well known historical fact that evil European slave owners were sailing around about that time throwing all their slaves off the ships.
    Bodies in the ocean would raise the temperature of the surrounding water and they killed billions that way so its completely the mans fault.
    Did you know that sharks still swim these slave routes to this day looking for more free kibble? True Story.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Well, it a well known historical fact that evil European slave owners were sailing around about that time throwing all their slaves off the ships.
    Bodies in the ocean would raise the temperature of the surrounding water and they killed billions that way so its completely the mans fault.
    Did you know that sharks still swim these slave routes to this day looking for more free kibble? True Story.

Wasn't this from the same genius that is worried Guam might tip over?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Recap: CO2 is being absorbed by the oceans as sort of a buildup of energy to be released at a later date causing rapid global warming. However, pre-1600 the ocean temperatures rose rapidly causing massive hurricanes in the NE US unlike anything in the last 400 years. How did the oceans rise back then if human-created CO2 didn't do it? Who's to say the increase in ocean temperatures now is due to human-created CO2?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Recap: CO2 is being absorbed by the oceans as sort of a buildup of energy to be released at a later date causing rapid global warming. However, pre-1600 the ocean temperatures rose rapidly causing massive hurricanes in the NE US unlike anything in the last 400 years. How did the oceans rise back then if human-created CO2 didn't do it? Who's to say the increase in ocean temperatures now is due to human-created CO2?

Because the man-stuff infused climate models say so. Sheesh. Everyone knows that. You doom deniers are so dense.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I am worried over the inconvenience of the fact that the CO2 concentrations lag the temperature changes instead of preceding them. An honest man might conclude that the CO2 concentrations are driven by temperature instead of the other way around, but hey, that wouldn't fit the narrative.

Still, it's almost as if when it's warmer, less CO2 can be dissolved in the oceans, whereas when it's cooler, more CO2 remains dissolved in the oceans.

Gee, I wonder if there's a lot of CO2 dissolved in the oceans.

I wonder . . .

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Watch Jim Inhofe Throw a Snowball on The Senate Floor - NationalJournal.com

Inhofe Mocks Obama 'Global Warming' Agenda With Snowball Toss on Senate Floor

I would like to know how in the he11 was 2014 the warmest year on record? Last winter was bitter cold and the summer really didn't have that many hot days, I can remember several in the 80's that were way WAY hotter. I realize this is on a global scale and I really only experience weather in the Midwest for the most part, but it just didn't seem like there were extremely hot temperatures last year anywhere...at least it wasn't on the news.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I would like to know how in the he11 was 2014 the warmest year on record? Last winter was bitter cold and the summer really didn't have that many hot days, I can remember several in the 80's that were way WAY hotter. I realize this is on a global scale and I really only experience weather in the Midwest for the most part, but it just didn't seem like there were extremely hot temperatures last year anywhere...at least it wasn't on the news.

It's really not hard to figure out:

1. Long-term, many rural temperature stations have gone offline
    2. Data from those stations are now "estimated" from "nearby" (for a given meaning of "nearby"), urban stations
    3. UHI is a real thing, and that heat gets brushed across the map, making rural areas appear to be heating, due to the data-infilling
    4. Large areas in Africa, Antarctica, and elsewhere that have never had stations get "estimated" data similarly
    5. Historical data are continually adjusted downward, to the point that the Dustbowl-era warming has now been completely eliminated

Voila: the past is cooled, the present is warmed, and the frauds posing as scientists continue to get paid.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It's really not hard to figure out:

1. Long-term, many rural temperature stations have gone offline
    2. Data from those stations are now "estimated" from "nearby" (for a given meaning of "nearby"), urban stations
    3. UHI is a real thing, and that heat gets brushed across the map, making rural areas appear to be heating, due to the data-infilling
    4. Large areas in Africa, Antarctica, and elsewhere that have never had stations get "estimated" data similarly
    5. Historical data are continually adjusted downward, to the point that the Dustbowl-era warming has now been completely eliminated

Voila: the past is cooled, the present is warmed, and the frauds posing as scientists continue to get paid.

Just seems odd. Reminds me of the old adage, "Don't pi55 on me and try to convince me it's raining." Those of us who've accumulated a few years on the big blue marble didn't see anything out of the ordinary about last years weather/climate.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    JJ: Here is an example of temperature "adjustments". Those adjustments clearly twist actual data to appear to show warming.

From post #490:

slnpde.gif

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    JJ: Here is an example of temperature "adjustments". Those adjustments clearly twist actual data to appear to show warming.

From post #490:

slnpde.gif

This graph would be more compelling (and accurate) if it were plotted on the same scale. The "old" version is 20.0 - 24.0, and the "new" version is 20.0 - 23.0. Even so, it clearly shows that data tampering has led to a directional change in the slope, from a negative trend to a positive trend - which is a huge red flag in actual science.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When we feel the coldest winters in recent memory, do the people on the opposite poles also feel the hottest summers? I honestly don't know if the earth is getting warmer or colder, or staying the same. Not being a climate scientist, and not having access to all the raw data, I can't verify the claims for myself.

I don't trust the news-makers who tell me because they all have something to gain by telling me what they're telling me. In this politicized climate (yeah bad pun), achieving political goals seems more important than intellectual honesty. I've not seen much evidence that the climate scientists are above that.

It's shameful that ideology determines perception of truth to the extent it seems to. Let's say for a moment that the "97% of scientists" figure is accurate. How many of those scientists are lefties? How many just go along with what the leaders in that field say because it's what they already believe? Is the scientific climate such that intellectually honest, skeptical, scientists could question their leaders without occupational consequences? Can they oppose their leaders and their own personal beliefs if the truth suggests otherwise?

I guess I'd have a lot more confidence in "science" if I heard the same scientists scorn the climate change exaggerators as vigorously as they scorn the climate change deniers. But John Kerry can blather on with the most absurd bull**** and......crickets.

If you're reading this and you actually ARE a climate scientist, **** you. Until you show me some signs of intellectual honesty, your PhD and dire warnings are of no more value to me than what I wipe my ass with.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Just look at the satellite data. All the ground stations data has been altered now.

The satellite data shows raw temp data across the globe since 1979. The 1970's were cold. Since then it warmed up until about 1996 and since there has been no warming at all.

That should be impossible according to the IPCC which said that rising CO2 would cause a feedback loop that should be discernible over 15yr time periods if not shorter.

Co2 has risen since 1979, probably some of it was caused by humans (this actually hasn't been proven as natural CO2 changes dwarf human induced ones by something like a 6:1 margin). But temperatures have not risen with a rising level of CO2. How come?

Well the first reason, and the one most likely to be true, is summarily dismissed - that CO2 is a very minor global warming gas and it's effects on the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere (the true granddaddy of warming gases) is not very well understood. If the warmists admit that then the entire scare tactic falls to pieces yet there it is.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Just look at the satellite data. All the ground stations data has been altered now.

The satellite data shows raw temp data across the globe since 1979. The 1970's were cold. Since then it warmed up until about 1996 and since there has been no warming at all.

That should be impossible according to the IPCC which said that rising CO2 would cause a feedback loop that should be discernible over 15yr time periods if not shorter.

Co2 has risen since 1979, probably some of it was caused by humans (this actually hasn't been proven as natural CO2 changes dwarf human induced ones by something like a 6:1 margin). But temperatures have not risen with a rising level of CO2. How come?

Well the first reason, and the one most likely to be true, is summarily dismissed - that CO2 is a very minor global warming gas and it's effects on the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere (the true granddaddy of warming gases) is not very well understood. If the warmists admit that then the entire scare tactic falls to pieces yet there it is.

So...then as we see in another thread, the prevailing explanation is the ocean temperatures are rising as they absorb CO2 as sort of a heat storage device, then that stored heat will be released soon and all will normalize manifested as severe spikes in global temperatures. Rising ocean temperatures (again I'm not a climate scientist just a regular old engineer) sounds a lot like el-nino/la-nina. We built our home in 1998 and it was warm that year with lots and LOTS of rain - el-nino they said, rising ocean temps piling up against the Pacific Coast they said.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom