• Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    New question from the new guy....

Long story short (hopefully). Was pulled over in GA in Feb 2010 driving my father's car due to the State Trooper feeling the window tint was too dark. Unfortunately it was and I was driving on a suspended license due to an unpaid speeding ticket.

Did 24 hrs in the Tipton County "Resort," went to court, paid fines and was put on probation for 6 months (March 09 - Sept 09.)

Will that keep me from getting my LTCH? It was a misdemeanor by GA Law.

Appreciate your input.
    No.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Yes,I searched first.
    Do I have to get re-fingerprinted as
    part of a renewal?

Thanks

Mark

Edit: found this in House Enrolled Act 1068

"(k) The state police department shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to implement an electronic application system under subsection (a). Rules adopted under this section must require the superintendent to keep on file one (1) set of classifiable and legible fingerprints from every person who has received a license to carry a handgun so that a person who applies to renew a license will not be required to submit an additional set of fingerprints."

Comments about your experiences,please.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

Jaarthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Getting the LTCH in Indiana is super easy in my opinion. All I did was fill in the online questionaire...go get fingerprinted at a local charity office...go pay the local police and then a week later it was in my mailbox.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Does anybody know what the current cost is? To be specific, I'm going to get a lifetime personal protection and I've never had one before. Someone once told me it was $125, but I can't find anything that specifically says that.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes,I searched first.
    Do I have to get re-fingerprinted as
    part of a renewal?

Thanks

Mark

Edit: found this in House Enrolled Act 1068

"(k) The state police department shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to implement an electronic application system under subsection (a). Rules adopted under this section must require the superintendent to keep on file one (1) set of classifiable and legible fingerprints from every person who has received a license to carry a handgun so that a person who applies to renew a license will not be required to submit an additional set of fingerprints."

Comments about your experiences,please.

Thanks

Mark

I renewed my LTCH this afternoon at the Kokomo PD and they took my prints again. Now I don't know if it was because when I got my LTCH the first time four years ago it was the old fashioned ink and paper method and this time it was done electronically. Since I went with the lifetime LTCH I guess I won't know if I'd be required to submit another set of prints.

Since I was renewing fees were the $40 local fee and $69.95 for the state fee that included the L1 fee.

Now, I'm sure all these points have been covered in this vast thread, but I'll list my experience here anyway...
    • I filled out my application online and printed out the document that had my app number. The document also listed two options for me to complete the process.
    • Option 1 was to pay and schedule my fingerprints through the L1 website. Option 2 was to go into the local PD and complete the process.
    • The form also listed that fees, since I wasn't going to use L1 (option 2,)would be $60/$40 for a total of $100, payable via postal money order.
    • I get a money order for $100 this morning and head into KPD.
    • Turns out that the payments are seperate...so I should have gotten two money orders. It also turns out that I could have just used my debit card and didn't have to get the money orders.
    • It also turns out that, at least for my experience at KPD, there is no option 2. I had to pay the fee for L1 and schedule through their website. I was trying to be cheap and save myself the $9.95, but that didn't work out.
    But I'll tell you what; the lady that was helping me was fantastic. Knowing that my current LTCH expired today she told me that she was going to take care of everything so that I could renew right then and there instead of going home and going throught the L1 website on my own and then having to pay the fee for a new LTCH ($50 local and $84.95 state and L1) if I couldn't get scheduled today. She went through the L1 website filling everything out for me and assigning my app to her, scheduled me for the earliest open slot (which was about 45 minutes away) and then took me right back and fingerprinted me.

She told me to carry my current LTCH and my application until my lifetime LTCH arrived in the mail. She also said that the Chief usually went through apps once a week and that he hadn't done that this week yet, so my app should be approved this week and then sent on to the State Police. She folded up all my copies and receipts, put it into an envelope for me, and sent me on my way. :yesway:

mad618

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Dunkirk, IN
    do you get to pick which l1 site you want to go to or do you have to go to the one that they choose. The closest to me is in Muncie but I would rather get it done in Marion.

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Can someone answer this for me? I filled out the app online. Had the fingerprints done via LT1. Is it all over but the waiting, or is there something else I need to do? I paid the fee at the time of the LT1 scheduling. Thanks!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Can someone answer this for me? I filled out the app online. Had the fingerprints done via LT1. Is it all over but the waiting, or is there something else I need to do? I paid the fee at the time of the LT1 scheduling. Thanks!

did you pay your local LEO?

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    No hassle at all , just have all your paperwork completed correctly and see your local PD to be fingerprinted.

richardp20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Near Brownsburg
    The biggest hassle for me was that the Indiana state police will not accept cash, check or credit card. You must have the state police portion of the fees in the form of a money order! The sheriffs office took cash for their fee.

Borock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I recently applied for my IN LTCH. 1-fill out the online application, 2-go to the city/county bldg downtown to Room E100 (1st floor, east end of hall, 8a-430p but they don't fingerprint after 4p) with a money order made out to "The State of Indiana" for the state fee (mine was $75 for lifetime) and $50 cash for the city (again lifetime). They will have you go to an adjoining office to fill out some simple paperwork then give you a copy of the app. you filled out online. You come back to the outer office, turn in your money, get finger printed and you're done. They will say that you'll get your permit in the mail in 6-8 weeks. I've read that sometimes it's less time and sometimes more.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I recently applied for my IN LTCH. 1-fill out the online application, 2-go to the city/county bldg downtown to Room E100 (1st floor, east end of hall, 8a-430p but they don't fingerprint after 4p) with a money order made out to "The State of Indiana" for the state fee (mine was $75 for lifetime) and $50 cash for the city (again lifetime). They will have you go to an adjoining office to fill out some simple paperwork then give you a copy of the app. you filled out online. You come back to the outer office, turn in your money, get finger printed and you're done. They will say that you'll get your permit in the mail in 6-8 weeks. I've read that sometimes it's less time and sometimes more.

Did the lifetime, my fingerprints were L1, after I paid the Sheriff, had mine in 9 business days.

Top Bottom