• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Varsity12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Application Question

I recently on Tuesday applied online for my LTCH. Then went to local PD and paid State and local fee with money orders and had finger prints taken at PD. After the fact can I still go and have L-1 do the prints again to speed up the process? If so then will the state refund the additional payment?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I live in Missouri and have a CCW, We are planning to move to Indiana next summer "Madison" and was wondering how long do you have to live
    in Indiana before you can apply for the lifetime carry permit? I still have
    2 years left on the Mo. before I would have to get it renewed. Thanks

You can apply for an Indiana permit immediately upon establishing residency (there is no waiting period.) However, your thought about your MO permit not expiring for 2 years is incorrect. Once you leave MO, you are no longer a resident of MO and your MO permit would be void. Since MO does not offer non-resident permits, you wouldn't have an option of converting it to such. If you were involved in an incident that required you to have an acceptable IN permit, your old MO permit would no longer be valid. You'll want to apply soon after you establish IN residency.

Orgcrsh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Finally got my LTCH!!!! Oh what a great feeling to see that pink paper in the mailbox. I think it is time to go and do some range shooting!:rockwoot:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Ok, INGO, time to ferret out the truth....

A friend of mine just went to L1 to get his lifetime (not a current LTCH holder), and was told that if he were a current 4yr holder, he could "upgrade" to the lifetime at any time.
    What say you? Is this on the level, or is L1 trying to get folks' money, since they don't care one way or another whether ISP kicks your paperwork back to you.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You can only apply for the lifetime if you're within 365 days of the expiration date on the 4yr.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ok, INGO, time to ferret out the truth....

A friend of mine just went to L1 to get his lifetime (not a current LTCH holder), and was told that if he were a current 4yr holder, he could "upgrade" to the lifetime at any time.
    What say you? Is this on the level, or is L1 trying to get folks' money, since they don't care one way or another whether ISP kicks your paperwork back to you.

I upgraded mine a year or so ago at the same time my wife applied for hers for the first time. My previous 4 year permit still had a couple of months left on it at the time we applied. She got hers right away, but mine didn't. After calling I found out that they wouldn't issue my LT permit until after my 4yr one was like within 30 days of expiring. Sure enough that's about when it arrived.

Malard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe, look in your wallet? :D

Sorry, but I dont understand your question,
    Did you lose yours and need replacement? :dunno:

No I still have my original I would just like to have a spare one and maybe make copies of it since I didn't do it with my original before I laminated it, and yes I know making copies is bad lol.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Any suggestions on how to fill out the employment section if you're currently unemployed? :(

I'm guessing I should put "currently unemployed" in the Occupation section, and my home address in the employer address fields. Anyone run into this before?

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Just filled out my LTCH application online and paid the extra $10.95 fee to have my L1 prints electronically delivered to the State Police dept. (Supposedly lowers the process time to 10-14 days rather than 30-60) I also paid the $75 state tax online. I know to finish the process i have to go to my local PD and pay the local tax, but that is where my question lies. How exactly do i go about that? Is it done by appointment or can i simply walk in?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    According to Valparaiso PD's website Valparaiso, IN - Official Website - Handgun Permits, you can go in M-F between 7AM and 10PM and complete your application. When you do, you might let them know that their page is out of date; one can renew a LTCH up to 365 days prior to its expiration.

Alternatively, if you go to West Lafayette PD, their page West Lafayette, Indiana - Records Division (last three items on the page) says "during regular business hours, at the records window." At the top of the page, it says they're open from 8AM to 4PM M-F, and also open until 6PM on Tuesdays.

Note that in either case, if your residence is not within those city limits, you will need to go elsewhere, probably to the county sheriff. If your residence is on campus, I'm not sure if you'd need to go to Purdue Police to finish out. I'd suggest calling and asking WLPD if you need to go to them or to PUPD. Considering the campus rules on weapons possession, I would recommend against asking PUPD about this, and personal opinion, if your home of record is Valpo, go there instead.

Blessings,
    Bill

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Did anyone else get this error when trying to schedule an appointment with L-1? I'll be calling L-1 tomorrow.:dunno:

Unable to retrieve applicant information. Please verify the FirearmID and try again.

Last edited:

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Just filled out my LTCH application online and paid the extra $10.95 fee to have my L1 prints electronically delivered to the State Police dept. (Supposedly lowers the process time to 10-14 days rather than 30-60) I also paid the $75 state tax online. I know to finish the process i have to go to my local PD and pay the local tax, but that is where my question lies. How exactly do i go about that? Is it done by appointment or can i simply walk in?

I completed my application online last Sunday. I was electronically printed by L1 today and they said all I needed to do was visit my local PD. When I got there the receptionist checked a file drawer and did not find my printed online application. She said the Police Chief downloads the online applications in batch and mine was not printed yet. She asked me to call back tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie

I started trying to get anappointment with L-1 Indiana on a Saturday morning and the system was stuck.Tried again all day Sunday and more of the same. There was nobody to talk to inC.S. Early Monday morning the system was still stuck. At 8 I got to talk tosomeone who tried to get me my appointment but discovers that... the system isdown. She promised to call me at home as soon as it’s restored. At 10:30 shehasn’t called me yet, so I tried online again and got an appointment for thatvery morning at 11. So yes, itseems that the L-1 site can have problems sometime. :dunno:

Twiggsx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Indy
    i just went to update well re apply for mine since i let it laps, took no time for the L-1 apointment as a matter of fact went today got my e- mail 2 hours later from ISP, went to the city county bld, at noon to finish the app, she told me 7 to 14 days:rockwoot:

Top Bottom