Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Indeed, redbaron!

Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Warren, Warrick, White, and Whitley Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

The list of counties (in black) follows:

Adams____________________Franklin_________________Lawrence_________________Rush
    Allen____________________Fulton___________________Madison__________________St Joseph
    Bartholomew______________Gibson___________________Marion___________________Scott
    Benton___________________Grant____________________Marshall_________________Shelby
    Blackford________________Greene___________________Martin___________________Spencer
    Boone____________________Hamilton_________________Miami____________________Starke
    Brown____________________Hancock__________________Monroe___________________Steuben
    Carroll__________________Harrison_________________Montgomery_______________Sullivan
    Cass_____________________Hendricks________________Morgan___________________Switzerland
    Clark____________________Henry____________________Newton___________________Tippecanoe
    Clay_____________________Howard___________________Noble____________________Tipton
    Clinton__________________Huntington_______________Ohio_____________________Union
    Crawford_________________Jackson__________________Orange___________________Vanderburgh
    Daviess__________________Jasper___________________Owen_____________________Vermillion
    Dearborn_________________Jay______________________Parke____________________Vigo
    Decatur__________________Jefferson________________Perry____________________Wabash
    De Kalb__________________Jennings_________________Pike_____________________Warren
    Delaware_________________Johnson__________________Porter___________________Warrick
    Dubois___________________Knox_____________________Posey____________________Washington
    Elkhart__________________Kosciusko________________Pulaski__________________Wayne
    Fayette__________________LaGrange_________________Putnam___________________Wells
    Floyd____________________Lake_____________________Randolph_________________White
    Fountain_________________La Porte_________________Ripley___________________Whitley

This brings our ratio to 92 of 92 counties, or 100.00%

The information on this can be found at Application for Handgun License

WOOHOO! WE DID IT!!! Of course, while every county is online, not every community in every county is so lucky. For example, a member posted that Tippecanoe Co is online, but the city of Lafayette is not, but with 100% of counties on board, it makes it much more difficult for them to justify not getting on the bandwagon. Keep fighting the good fight, my friends!

Blessings,
    Bill

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    WOOHOO! WE DID IT!!! Of course, while every county is online, not every community in every county is so lucky. For example, a member posted that Tippecanoe Co is online, but the city of Lafayette is not, but with 100% of counties on board, it makes it much more difficult for them to justify not getting on the bandwagon. Keep fighting the good fight, my friends!

Blessings,
    Bill

This is true Bill. I went to Warrick County yesterday after doing the L-1 fingerprinting, they informed me that I had to go to my Town Marshal to apply. When I got there, he knew of the online process but that was about it. When he logged into Aries to pull the permit, it was not allowing him. After a quick call to Indy, and a few hours, they fixed him up and he was able to proceed with the online process. Pretty simple process!!

Anyone that is in Elberfeld, Marshal Miley is the person to see. Super nice and friendly officer. Couldn't ask for a better person to be protecting our town!! :yesway:

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    This is true Bill. I went to Warrick County yesterday after doing the L-1 fingerprinting, they informed me that I had to go to my Town Marshal to apply. When I got there, he knew of the online process but that was about it. When he logged into Aries to pull the permit, it was not allowing him. After a quick call to Indy, and a few hours, they fixed him up and he was able to proceed with the online process. Pretty simple process!!

Anyone that is in Elberfeld, Marshal Miley is the person to see. Super nice and friendly officer. Couldn't ask for a better person to be protecting our town!! :yesway:

Can you let me know what you did with them? Im new to all of this and Im not sure the monroe county sheriff folk were up to speed with the online stuff... Like I said in an earlier post they made me do everything again in an offline fashion and didnt even really know what the L1 was.

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    I printed out ALL of my paperwork from the online process; the online confirmation page from Aries, the registration completed page from L-1 showing payment received, receipt from online payment to L-1 and my receipt from L-1 stating fingerprinting was done. As I stated earlier, he was aware of the online application process but had never dealt with it. He was very open to it and interested in it himself. First page I handed him was the online confirmation page from Aries. We both read over it together and then he looked over to other papers to acknowledge that fingerprinting had been done. Next he went to his computer to log in to Aries. From there he printed the application. Simple as that.

If you did L-1 and then they filled out an application with a different number than the one from the online app, then your L-1 fingerprints won't match up with the application that they gave you. The application number on the Aries confirmation page must match the application you mail in. Does it? If not, they you may want to check into that.

bill holht

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    6 months before the permit expires, you are able to get the lifetime

BTW, it is tons cheaper in Indiana if you go for the lifetime :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    6 months before the permit expires, you are able to get the lifetime

BTW, it is tons cheaper in Indiana if you go for the lifetime :)

It's actually 365 days, not 6 months.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    Anyone know how to find an old license number? The application wants the year and number of my old permit, it was over 12years ago and dont have it or remember it. Emailed ISP but no response as of yet.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Make sure of one thing--Send in your money order and make sure it is a "POSTAL MONEY ORDER" It will go a little faster. Postal money orders are not stolen as a regular money is. "FACT" from my daughter in- law she works there!

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    it took my local police a month to figure out the online process

For those of you that are having trouble with your local police figuring out the online process, it might help to print these two pieces of info out and take with you. It may help them understand the process. My local pd knew of the online, but had never done it before. I explained what I knew of the process to them and they took to it fairly easy after that.

Licensing to Carry a Handgun:
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Firearms_licensing_FAQs(1).pdf

Online Application Instructions:
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Instructions_for_the_Online_Application_Process(1).pdf

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Okay, I've got to get my IN license now. I was previously a resident of another state and had a permit to carry a handgun. On the online form it asks if I've ever had a license and it asks for a number. Is that only for a previous IN license since it doesn't ask what state it was in? Do I say "no" since I've never had an IN license?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    When I did my lifetime I did the online deal, went to L1 and the local police station.
    My cousin is telling me he knows 2 people that did the online with L1, the people at L1 are telling them that they DO NOT need to go see the local police (sheriff office in both cases).
    L1 is telling them that the local visit just makes the wait shorter, that once the fingerprints are sent that they are checked via computer as soon as they hit send and if the app. is accepted that you have your LTCH and you can go to the police and they will print out a pink paper for you.
    One person lives in St. Joe county and I think the other is in Elkhart county.
    I called BS but he swares to it, what says INGO?

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    In addition to that when you get your email confirmation from l1 it states that you need to go to your local LEO to finish the app. Plus that's where you submit the local fees

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have an appt tomorrow morning with L1 and another Thursday afternoon to meet with the Chief of Police in Carmel. I was told without L1 it would take 2-3 months. We'll see how long until I get my lifetime permit in the mail.

Great thread. Very interesting read.

Top Bottom