• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So if the argument is wages being too high hurts the rest of us, I'm guessing a few extra bucks an hour for the bottom 2% of workers isn't hurting me as much as the top 1% [strike]getting[/strike] earning roughly twice as as much of the wage bucket as half of all workers.

FTFY. Minimum wage doesn't impact inflation IMO, it impacts those on minimum wage. Meaning they will get fired, or lose their job when the business can't pay them anymore.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All true. I will say, in my opinion, not voting is indistinguishable from not caring enough to vote by the apathetic and/or clueless. That's why I said previously, I will vote. I won't vote for Hillary and I will very likely not vote for Trump but I will vote. If none of the candidates (....*cough**Johnson**cough*) are suitable, I'll write somebody in.

Not voting is indistinguishable from apathy from everyone else's perspective. But to the person, it's just a matter of conscience. But I will say this to those why say they can't vote for any of the presidential candidates. At least go and vote for the other offices on the ballot. No matter who wins the presidency, we need an opposition ensuring gridlock.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FTFY. Minimum wage doesn't impact inflation IMO, it impacts those on minimum wage. Meaning they will get fired, or lose their job when the business can't pay them anymore.

It's another way government picks winners and losers. In capitalism wealth is created by selling value. Value can be made from something that never existed before. That's not a zero sum game. But fixing a wage apart from value makes that particular aspect a zero sum game. Raising the pay for some will necessarily cause others to lose their jobs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not voting is indistinguishable from apathy from everyone else's perspective. But to the person, it's just a matter of conscience. But I will say this to those why say they can't vote for any of the presidential candidates. At least go and vote for the other offices on the ballot. No matter who wins the presidency, we need an opposition ensuring gridlock.

Understood and agreed. That's why I put "in my opinion" as a prefix. Again, in my opinion :) , I feel like many see not voting at all may be the only option to the candidates presented to us. So, I guess a primary reason for that post was to remind people that there is a positive action that can be taken in addition to the passive one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Understood and agreed. That's why I put "in my opinion" as a prefix. Again, in my opinion :) , I feel like many see not voting at all may be the only option to the candidates presented to us. So, I guess a primary reason for that post was to remind people that there is a positive action that can be taken in addition to the passive one.

If Trump does convince me that all hope is lost for a non-destructive SCUTUS pick, I'll still vote, but probably third party. Maybe write in Darth Vader.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Agreed. There are often elections where I will not vote for anyone for a particular office. I still fill out the rest of my ballot though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not voting is an American right too and according to some political analysts, historically it is one of the best ways to show politicians that the general public is very unhappy and about to do something to change things.

Deciding that you can't, in good conscience, check the box for any of the Hobson's choice, IS voting. Not participating at the polls is not, not voting. It is voting NONE OF THE ABOVE. It's not the same as apathy.

I said the same thing in 2012 defending those who couldn't vote for Romney. I didn't agree with their choice, but they have as much right to follow their conscience as you do.

Not naming names, but it is noteworthy that many of the people complaining about those who refused to vote for trump, said they would refuse to vote for Romney last time.

All true. I will say, in my opinion, not voting is indistinguishable from not caring enough to vote by the apathetic and/or clueless. That's why I said previously, I will vote. I won't vote for Hillary and I will very likely not vote for Trump but I will vote. If none of the candidates (....*cough**Johnson**cough*) are suitable, I'll write somebody in.

It is important to remember that not voting comes in two different forms. If you simply don't show up, you are written off as an apathetic/lazy eligible voter who just didn't care enough to show up. If you vote in the election and leave that office blank, you create an undervote which is indeed a vote which gets the attention of the politicians even if it does nothing to influence the election other than perhaps tilting the balance in favor of a candidate worse than the one at whom you are hoisting your middle finger.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If Trump does convince me that all hope is lost for a non-destructive SCUTUS pick, I'll still vote, but probably third party. Maybe write in Darth Vader.

But ... but ... I learned on INGO that Trump IS Darth Vader, just with a early model helmet made of orange hair :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But ... but ... I learned on INGO that Trump IS Darth Vader, just with a early model helmet made of orange hair :)

Heresy! Blasphemy! He is a fraud I say. He has no force, dark side or otherwise. He does have a pretty hot potential first lady though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is important to remember that not voting comes in two different forms. If you simply don't show up, you are written off as an apathetic/lazy eligible voter who just didn't care enough to show up. If you vote in the election and leave that office blank, you create an undervote which is indeed a vote which gets the attention of the politicians even if it does nothing to influence the election other than perhaps tilting the balance in favor of a candidate worse than the one at whom you are hoisting your middle finger.

+10 inbound.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They're just means they're that much more American than us.

It also means their choices are more honest. At least they don't pretend there is a choice. In America we have two parties to give us that illusion.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Write in Mike Huckabee. He should get some consideration for his adulation.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom