• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    There is only one Party. People are just led to believe they have a choice. Every election we get more taken from our paychecks and it gets viewed as either justified or sour grapes depending on which team members they can relate to. We already have more laws than we know what to do with. I bet most if not all of us break some law everyday without knowing it. Why do we need more? How long has the "abortion issue" been headlining campaigns? I can remember it being a hot topic back in the 1960's. Once something gets through the Supreme Court shouldn't it be over? It's time to breathe life back into local governments and let the career politicians find someone else to sponge off of.

This message has been approved by "Me" of course.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Exactly. Trump is going to have to take his 51% out of the middle in order to win given that Hillary has the pinko left and the GOP establishment is paying only the thinnest lip service to accepting the primary results. That leaves him dumping both the hard left and then giving the not-Hillary Dems a demonstration of willingness to dump the GOP establishment, turning the GOP into a de facto third party for this election cycle.

We can agree to disagree on the grounds of objectives then. I don't want a squishy-policy, mild Democrat as my Republican candidate. We have tried centrist, "mass appeal" candidates for as long as I have been old enough to care about politics. I wanted someone who would actually make a difference, not someone who thinks it is a wonderful, good, big big good great idea to rack up more debt and try to use default to leverage our way out of it.

As for that "Goldman-Sachs" conspiracy crap, prove it. He got a loan against his own assets, paid it back and went on his merry way. Am I owned by Ruoff Home Mortgage for the rest of my life? They get to tell me who to marry and what car to drive, yeah?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen "we don't know what he'll do" trumpeted as a positive in an election. Trump is Obamacare, let's pass it to see what's in it.

I don't know that I'd classify what I think about it as a positive. I look at it more like desperation. I feel like it's the only shot we have left to get a pro-2a scotus nominee. And I'm not all that positive it'll pay off. Yeah. It's a gamble.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I guess I think of it in simplistic terms:

1. Vote for Hillary and our 2A rights will eventually be gone. She would appoint at least to SC Judges during her term.
    2. Vote for Trump and our 2A right should stay in tact for the rest of my lifetime.

Hmmmm

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I guess I think of it in simplistic terms:

1. Vote for Hillary and our 2A rights will eventually be gone. She would appoint at least to SC Judges during her term.
    2. Vote for Trump and our 2A right should stay in tact for the rest of my lifetime.

Hmmmm
    :+1:
    Sums it up for me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know that I'd classify what I think about it as a positive. I look at it more like desperation. I feel like it's the only shot we have left to get a pro-2a scotus nominee. And I'm not all that positive it'll pay off. Yeah. It's a gamble.

It must have been a positive. Other candidates who have a history of pro-2A votes and activities lost to him, after all. He's rather popular on a pro-gun web site, despite his previous support for gun control measures that would cause weeping and gnashing of teeth here because he's supposedly altered his position on the topic. The fact he alters his position on topics daily based on what plays best to the crowd is irrelevant. It's a bold new step in reality tv based campaigning, a completely content free form of choosing our elected leaders.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen "we don't know what he'll do" trumpeted as a positive in an election. Trump is Obamacare, let's pass it to see what's in it.

Just another comment on this. That you're hearing that is a testament to how ****ed up the voting process is that would give us this choice.

It must have been a positive. Other candidates who have a history of pro-2A votes and activities lost to him, after all. He's rather popular on a pro-gun web site, despite his previous support for gun control measures that would cause weeping and gnashing of teeth here because he's supposedly altered his position on the topic. The fact he alters his position on topics daily based on what plays best to the crowd is irrelevant. It's a bold new step in reality tv based campaigning, a completely content free form of choosing our elected leaders.

People warned the Trumpers. I did. G did. You did. T.Lex did. Others did. They kept saying that having a gun permit out trumps (sorry) actually upholding the 2a in an elected capacity. We told them that having a gun permit don't mean ****. Feinstein has/had a gun permit. Record matters. In that sense, almost every candidate running against Trump has a better 2A record.

But that doesn't matter anymore. The GOP primary is settled. There aren't any better 2A candidates left. All I can do is say "I told you so" when/if the warned events come to pass. What matters now, to me anyway, is the reality that either Trump or Hillary will be the next president. Realistically, there is no other person who can be sworn in next January. So, I have to ask myself, which one of those two is most likely to **** up things I value. I'm going to vote against that person by voting for the other person.

I have to say I honestly don't know what Trump will do in office. I doubt he could be worse than Hillary on gun control or the SCOTUS. She will nominate a justice who believes the SCOTUS got Heller wrong. She will nominate a justice who thinks that the government has the authority to enact Australian-like gun legislation without changing the constitution. I have no doubt about that. With Trump, I do have some doubt. While I wouldn't put it past him to accidentally nominate an idiot, I don't get the sense that it is his political mission to destroy the 2A like it is with Hillary. She is pissed that her husband's AWB didn't get renewed. She's on a mission. Trump's on, well, something.

So, while I don't have a very strong will at all to vote for Trump. I'm just pissed that the process gave me such a ****ty choice.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    We know that Obama is diarrhea, we know that Hillary would be worse. We don't know that about Donald. I prefer to give Hillary as slim as chance at the White House as possible, so I choose to vote against her. I'm not basing this on feelings, I'm not basing it on whether I like Donald as a person. At this time, I really don't think I "like" him, but even on that I am willing to keep an open mind at this point. I don't have to like him. He's not likely to come over for dinner during my lifetime anyway, even if I did like him. But when it comes to running the country, protecting US interests, keeping a healthy military, protecting gun rights, on jobs, on states rights, and many other issues, I think he offers far more hope than Hillary. Bernie is a simpleton, don't see him having much chance.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    jamil;6535606/ said:
    So, while I don't have a very strong will at all to vote for Trump. I'm just pissed that the process gave me such a ****ty choice.

Ive felt that way since 2008.

Hard to believe of the millions of people in the country the best we have is Hillary and Trump.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just another comment on this. That you're hearing that is a testament to how ****ed up the voting process is that would give us this choice.

People warned the Trumpers. I did. G did. You did. T.Lex did. Others did. They kept saying that having a gun permit out trumps (sorry) actually upholding the 2a in an elected capacity. We told them that having a gun permit don't mean ****. Feinstein has/had a gun permit. Record matters. In that sense, almost every candidate running against Trump has a better 2A record.

I still am uncomfortable with people who aver strong 2A support but don't carry. Rings a bit hollow

But that doesn't matter anymore. The GOP primary is settled. There aren't any better 2A candidates left. All I can do is say "I told you so" when/if the warned events come to pass. What matters now, to me anyway, is the reality that either Trump or Hillary will be the next president. Realistically, there is no other person who can be sworn in next January. So, I have to ask myself, which one of those two is most likely to **** up things I value. I'm going to vote against that person by voting for the other person.

Done! As long as I get to say 'I told you so' if he turns out to be OK

I have to say I honestly don't know what Trump will do in office. I doubt he could be worse than Hillary on gun control or the SCOTUS. She will nominate a justice who believes the SCOTUS got Heller wrong. She will nominate a justice who thinks that the government has the authority to enact Australian-like gun legislation without changing the constitution. I have no doubt about that. With Trump, I do have some doubt. While I wouldn't put it past him to accidentally nominate an idiot, I don't get the sense that it is his political mission to destroy the 2A like it is with Hillary. She is pissed that her husband's AWB didn't get renewed. She's on a mission. Trump's on, well, something.

That has the feel of painful honesty. Props

Top Bottom