• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well it's pretty much where I'm at. I just hope it won't be Trump nominating them if he wins.

I don't think Trump alone would be selecting a judge. I would think, from everything I've seen done so far, that he would seek out advice from the most knowledgeable people and push forward their ideals.

His written policy reflects this pretty clearly, as there's no way in hell he wrote all of that.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Can we all just acknowledge the fact that we had a primary option between someone who we *know* would have made solid SCOTUS choices and someone who we can only hope woke up a Conservative this morning?

...And then after Trump voters failed our country and threw our chance at a solid Conservative option away, they have the audacity to demand that we vote for Trump because at least he waffles back and forth between rabid liberal and faux conservative, as opposed to an openly liberal Clinton.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can we all just acknowledge the fact that we had a primary option between someone who we *know* would have made solid SCOTUS choices and someone who we can only hope woke up a Conservative this morning?

...And then after Trump voters failed our country and threw our chance at a solid Conservative option away, they have the audacity to demand that we vote for Trump because at least he waffles back and forth between rabid liberal and faux conservative, as opposed to an openly liberal Clinton.

Nuch of this same electorate gave us what we are suffering now so no surprise to me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I think this is the first time I've ever seen "we don't know what he'll do" trumpeted as a positive in an election. Trump is Obamacare, let's pass it to see what's in it.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen "we don't know what he'll do" trumpeted as a positive in an election. Trump is Obamacare, let's pass it to see what's in it.

The past week after Cruz dropped out Trump has tacked hard to the left. I wonder how openly progressive he will have go before his supporters start to question their decision.

Last edited:

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I don't think Trump alone would be selecting a judge. I would think, from everything I've seen done so far, that he would seek out advice from the most knowledgeable people and push forward their ideals.

His written policy reflects this pretty clearly, as there's no way in hell he wrote all of that.

[video]https://youtu.be/nh2dciUflVQ?t=74[/video]

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

You so desperately want Trump to be something that he's not that you don't even believe him when he says something you don't want to hear.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    I'm out unless I change my mind.

Cruz won't endorse Trump, won't rule out jumping back in - Business Insider

Yep, that guy is decisive.

The Article said:
    "I would note this isn't a choice we have to make today," he told conservative radio host Glenn Beck, who was one of his most prominent campaign-trail supporters.

Cruz said there are still months before the July convention and November general election.

"I think we need to watch and see what the candidates do," he said.

Its a bad thing to weigh the options, especially when you have months to do so? Should world leaders make all of their decisions based on coin tosses? What was your point?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Nice! Kind of like how the Broncos failed their fans in Super Bowl 50 - BY WINNING

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The past week after Cruz dropped out Trump has tacked hard to the left. I wonder how openly progressive he will have go before his supporters start to question their decision.

Or is he looking at all the Republicans saying they'd rather vote for Hillary, and he's taking this path out of necessity to attract the not-Hillary Democrat vote?

We'll probably never know for sure either way. But putting myself in his shoes, looking at what we have going on, I'd likely do the same thing.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Do we now? My guess is that a President Cruz would appoint who the f**k ever Goldman-Sachs tells him to appoint.

Or is he looking at all the Republicans saying they'd rather vote for Hillary, and he's taking this path out of necessity to attract the not-Hillary Democrat vote?

We'll probably never know for sure either way. But putting myself in his shoes, looking at what we have going on, I'd likely do the same thing.

Exactly. Trump is going to have to take his 51% out of the middle in order to win given that Hillary has the pinko left and the GOP establishment is paying only the thinnest lip service to accepting the primary results. That leaves him dumping both the hard left and then giving the not-Hillary Dems a demonstration of willingness to dump the GOP establishment, turning the GOP into a de facto third party for this election cycle.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wait... is someone trying to make believe that Crus was a hardcore conservative? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my, I haven't heard a joke that funny in a long time! Please, keep them rolling.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Wait... is someone trying to make believe that Crus was a hardcore conservative? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my, I haven't heard a joke that funny in a long time! Please, keep them rolling.

Yeah, that's the usual response of the gormless.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, that's the usual response of the gormless.

ah, how sweet. You like to call people stupid. I went, voted and chose to not vote for a single moron on the ticket because not a single one came close to representing my beliefs, my passions or my morals. So no one got my vote. November sure isn't looking much better.

I've been voting since the first Bush. I've voted for the lesser of two evils enough over the years, that the republican party can kiss my ass. If they can't bother to get their **** together, I won't be bothered to bote for them. Hillarity/Berns sure as **** ain't getting my vote either. At this point, I'm ready to put myself on the ballot because I couldn't be any worse than the rest of these ****ups.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Pitiful Giant: The Republican Establishment

"This leaves the rather pathetic alternative of a write-in campaign. That would divert a few votes from Trump—maybe a few million votes—and increase the likelihood of a Clinton win.
    But this may be just what lot of Republican leaders want. A write-in effort will allow them to help Hillary without having to endorse her. Then, when Trump goes down in flames, they (and not he) can pick up the pieces of their party."

Hmmm. Sounds about right
    But do they REALLY think we'll turn to THEM again if this Trump thing doesn't work? Wishful thinking

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    ah, how sweet. You like to call people stupid. I went, voted and chose to not vote for a single moron on the ticket because not a single one came close to representing my beliefs, my passions or my morals. So no one got my vote. November sure isn't looking much better.

I've been voting since the first Bush. I've voted for the lesser of two evils enough over the years, that the republican party can kiss my ass. If they can't bother to get their **** together, I won't be bothered to bote for them. Hillarity/Berns sure as **** ain't getting my vote either. At this point, I'm ready to put myself on the ballot because I couldn't be any worse than the rest of these ****ups.

Gormless != stuipid, only clueless.
    Get a dictionary.
    I was ridiculing you calling Cruz not a conservative.
    As I recall, most folks against Cruz were that way either because they didn't like his personality or because they thought he was too conservative.
    Thanks for proving me right yet again, though.

Top Bottom