• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Your criteria would exclude a large portion of Muslims from certain Middle East and African countries from entering the US. I have no problem with that. We should not be opening our arms to uneducated, unemployed persons from regions with high levels of radicalism and ongoing sectarian violence. Islam is obviously not the only criteria, but it is certainly an important factor.

I am not onboard with an influx of unskilled and impoverished immigrants from anywhere. However decisions need to be individualized.

Raise your hand if you want to keep these guy out: 9 Iraqi Interpreters Sue U.S. Government Over Visa Delays : NPR

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FB_IMG_1442876571287.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So ban everyone from entering the country "Until we figure things out" ?

Better idea: Ban people. If there were no people there's be no people problems. Then there's nothign to work out. Badda boom, badda bing we're done.

On a more serious note, I'm a terrorist/traitor/*******/meanie/whatever-the-current-slur-is because I refuse to vote for the Don. HE does not support what I believe in and I can honestly say it would not sit well with my conscience to put my vote towards him. I also won't vote for Hillary, Bernie, Ted or any of those other fake cronies. As it sits now, Gary Johnson will likely have my vote again as he did in 2012. I can actually feel good about that vote. He's not perfect but at least he's not one of the two most hated people in the country and I could support him on many of his ideas.

In the end, it is my vote to cast and no one elses. I have to go home that night and be able to live with the decision I made. Voting for the Don is not something I want to live with.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Amazing. The 20% of the Rebublican Party who has been shoveling ultra Conservative drivel down the throats of Americans since Reagan was president suddenly find themselves the minority in the Republican party. Now they they are all butthurt and either claim they aren't going to vote at all or they would rather vote for a known liar and traitor than Trump. Here's a news flash, the only way the Republican party will ever win the White House again is to move closer to the center. Another amazing fact is most of the folks that claim they can't vote for Trump is the same folks who told the Libertarians that not voting for the Republican candidate the last 2 elections was a vote for the other side. And just exactly what has the so called "conservative" House of Representatives and Senate done for us the last 4 years? They are so far right and the Democrats are so far left nothing has been accomplished. I didn't vote for Trump last Tuesday but he's a damn site better than the obvious alternative. I've lost all respect for the so called "conservatives" who refuse to vote for the clear alternative to tyranny.

I realize this post went in many different directions but it's been difficult to wrap my head around many of the things that have happened since Tuesday.

You don't need to move closer to the center. You need to move to a nuanced religious view, push forward conservative principles with a new angle, and do so unapologetically.

Of course old conservatives won't understand a lick of any of this and will be drug along kicking and screaming even though their views are actually being pushed forward, just in a new and scary way they don't understand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You don't need to move closer to the center. You need to move to a nuanced religious view, push forward conservative principles with a new angle, and do so unapologetically.

Of course old conservatives won't understand a lick of any of this and will be drug along kicking and screaming even though their views are actually being pushed forward, just in a new and scary way they don't understand.

I am an older conservative......I completely understand.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester

Couldn't agree more. the key word here is unapologetically. What needs to be pushed is what freedoms will be/are granted to people with limited government. there is a LARGE population who havent lived without the assistance of mother government giving them a hand out.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Couldn't agree more. the key word here is unapologetically. What needs to be pushed is what freedoms will be/are granted to people with limited government. there is a LARGE population who havent lived without the assistance of mother government giving them a hand out.

Rights are not granted to people.

They are inherent to their being. The bill of rights is a limitation on government powers, not an article granting us magical abilities.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rights are not granted to people.

They are inherent to their being. The bill of rights is a limitation on government powers, not an article granting us magical abilities.

Philosophically correct, but in practice, quite incorrect.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The concept of rights is a philosophical issue.

Because in reality rights only exist until someone decides to take them away from you.

They still exist at that point; they're just not recognized. A lot of Americans have died in faraway lands for the rights of others, which is a big indication that these rights are not just for us.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Just Days After Becoming Presumptive GOP Nominee, Trump Has Signaled a Change on Two Major Policy Positions | TheBlaze.com

Apparently the minimum wage is something you should be able to live on.

I have a serious, not loaded question for Trump supporters. If Trump asked congress to pass a $15 federal minimum wage, what percentage of congress would comply? Obviously all Democrats and 30, 40% of Republicans?

If Hillary asked Congress to pass a $15 minimum wage, what would the percentage of Republican support be?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just Days After Becoming Presumptive GOP Nominee, Trump Has Signaled a Change on Two Major Policy Positions | TheBlaze.com

I have a serious, not loaded question for Trump supporters. If Trump asked congress to pass a $15 federal minimum wage, what percentage of congress would comply? Obviously all Democrats and 30, 40% of Republicans?

If Hillary asked Congress to pass a $15 minimum wage, what would the percentage of Republican support be?

And I have a major question for you, how does turning Florida and Ohio red sound?

Not only that, he can promise it easily then when congress blocks it he can shrug and say he tried without technically lying to the bernie supporters he's hoping to rake in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike."

Alexander Hamilton
    I would never have participated in planning "Trump".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Heh.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Back when our currency was still metal based in the late 50's and early 60's you COULD live on a minimum wage job. The MW then was about equal to $15/hr in silver. Our current currency is severely debased and essentially worthless. If it were raised to $15 it would just be adjusted to inflation and the worth of the dollar. That said, employers and employees should be free to negotiate wages with each other.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Gotta keep us in line and not to worried about the other issues. Remember when the UN was coming for our guns and FEMA death camps were all the rage? Meh.

I'll not vote for Trump nor will I vote for Hillary. If either party wants my vote, they'll nominate someone I can support without betraying personal convictions.

[video=youtube;MOwesWn3vU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOwesWn3vU4[/video]

[video=youtube;hCFzYcLVNk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCFzYcLVNk0[/video]

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Back when our currency was still metal based in the late 50's and early 60's you COULD live on a minimum wage job. The MW then was about equal to $15/hr in silver. Our current currency is severely debased and essentially worthless. If it were raised to $15 it would just be adjusted to inflation and the worth of the dollar. That said, employers and employees should be free to negotiate wages with each other.

This is something that a lot of people fail to realize. The minimum wage 40 years ago got you a lot ​farther than it does today.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    And I have a major question for you, how does turning Florida and Ohio red sound?

Not only that, he can promise it easily then when congress blocks it he can shrug and say he tried without technically lying to the bernie supporters he's hoping to rake in.

You think Congress will block a $15 min wage? Pass whatever you are smokin dude, I want to see unicorns too.

Top Bottom