• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I want a truly liberty-minded, fiscally-conservative candidate.

I want a candidate that will focus on good governance, and keeping largess and overreach in check.

I want a candidate that isn't going to spend his whole time in office trying to ram some bull**** social agenda down my throat...sorry, your election doesn't mean you get to legislate your religion.

Liberty. Economic opportunity. A government that does the few things it charged with doing well, and then stays the hell out of my way...that's what I want.

Cruz, Paul...men of their ilk spend their time making a mess of our government, so they can run a continuous campaign based on how broken the system is. They offer no real solutions. Their game is perfectly clear to over half of the country. They both claim they want liberty, but given the chance they will legislate from their religion...that scares the hell out of people like me. And women.

If the republicans want my vote they need to start putting up candidates that read more like governors, and less like demagogues.

If the Republicans could field a candidate that speaks like Obama, but governs like Mitch Daniels they would win by a landslide every time.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Look, this thread about trump, I mean it's a really good thread. Have you seen it? I mean trump gets the best threads. Only the best because, this thread is terrific. To make America great; only the best. It's gonna be yuuuge. You're gonna love it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Good luck with that, Paul. The rest of us will be over here strategizing on how to mitigate the damage from the impending real world primaries and election

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just a comment on the number of "Trump" threads.

I believe the candidates, much like the election process in general, are very complex people. To have one (1) single Trump thread would be akin to have one (1) single "Rifles" thread. Sure, we have a "Long Guns" forum but within that is contained a plethora of subtopics.

Trump has issues with populism, fights at rallies, foreign relations, a platform (or lack thereof), etc etc. I don't think it we could have a single Trump thread that would flow with along a general thought process.

That said, we also don't want 100 Trump threads either, at least not all at once. I do find it helpful to compartmentalize discussions as a tool to stay on topic.

Regards,

Doug

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I am really afraid the popularity of Donald Trump, is going to cause the Democrat candidate, no matter who it is, to be our next president. I am afraid, our party is going to split, and people will not vote, or vote for a third party, to show their disgust, for Trump being the candidate, or not being the candidate, and the Demo will walk right into the White House. I really hope our party can get their act together, get everyone on the same page, and put the best person on the ballot. I don't know who our best person is. I really do not believe Trump can beat Hillary, and maybe not Bernie. His being blunt really helped him at first, but now it is hurting him. Some of the battles he is picking now, are not helping gain him any points. Cruz has his good points, and not so good points. John Kasich is a joke. My first pick, when the debates started, were Carly and Christy. Don't flame me. When they dropped out, I went for Rubio. Don't flame me. Before he dropped out, I went for Trump. In the past week, or so, I think I am going tor Cruz. I think he is the only chance we have to beat whoever they run. On a side note, my vote does not matter, as I live in the Republic of Illinois, (don't flame me), and the State of Chicago will always go Demo, Dead or Alive. How sad.

Quite frankly, I am afraid that the so-called 'Trump supporters' .... won't wake up in time. Trump is out of touch with reality, regardless of his popular speaking points and rebel-like attitude. His entire campaign, in fact, is out of touch with reality.

The ONLY way he gets the nomination is, if he shuts up entirely, starting today.

Here are just a few of the totally absurd things that have spewed from his mouth, since he announced his candidacy-

1) RE: Sen. John McCain- "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he got captured. I like people who weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you."

2) RE: His daughter Ivanka- "I don't think Ivanka would do that(pose for Playboy), although she does have a nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

3) 8/8/15, two days after the first Fox News Republican debate, RE: Megyn Kelly- "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her, wherever..." (real classy)

4) 1/23/16- "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK? It's like, incredible."

5) Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 2/1/16- "There may be somebody with tomatoes in the audience. If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you?! Seriously, OK?! Just knock the hell... I promise you, I will pay the legal fees."

6) Nevada, 2/23/16- "We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated."

Real, real presidential, eh?!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Just a comment on the number of "Trump" threads.

I believe the candidates, much like the election process in general, are very complex people. To have one (1) single Trump thread would be akin to have one (1) single "Rifles" thread. Sure, we have a "Long Guns" forum but within that is contained a plethora of subtopics.

Trump has issues with populism, fights at rallies, foreign relations, a platform (or lack thereof), etc etc. I don't think it we could have a single Trump thread that would flow with along a general thought process.

That said, we also don't want 100 Trump threads either, at least not all at once. I do find it helpful to compartmentalize discussions as a tool to stay on topic.

Regards,

Doug

You are right -- we need a Trump sub-forum! :laugh:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I feel differently. I believe Trump is the only candidate who can beet Hillary.
    I agree, to a point. That point is that it is not over until after election night. Nothing, even all these Liberal pukes being in charge, stays the same. Try to think positive people.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You could just as easily achieve you purpose by initiating an 'I hate Trump' sub-forum. That could provide the anti-Trump echo chamber some seem to want and limit the attacks on Trump outside that chamber and minimize supporters need to defend their candidate in random threads

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It doesn't matter if you think Trump can't beat Hillary.
    It doesn't matter if you think Cruz can't beat Hillary.
    Hillary will be indicted. Obama will pretend to oppose it in public, but secretly back it in private.
    Joe Biden rides in on a white horse to save the democrats, unsullied by the mudslinging of the primary season.
    Biden handily defeats whatever clown the republican convention comes up with, as Trump comes up just shy of 1237 delegates and runs 3rd party against the inevitable establishment pick.
    You heard it here first. :)

Top Bottom