Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two truisms for ya.

Thou doth protest too much.
    If it walks like a duck...
    Of all the reasons to post about the ills of alcohol is not being able to handle it really at the top of all the reasons.

Nobody gives this much of a **** about an issue without having some kind of personal problem with it.

I don't disagree with this. No doubt he is passionate about it. In my experience the people who can't handle alcohol just keep acting like they can. Maybe he heard a sermon? Maybe he's seen loved ones ruin their lives? Maybe he's always been a teetotaler. Recovering drunk? That's the most likely inspiration?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't disagree with this. No doubt he is passionate about it. In my experience the people who can't handle alcohol just keep acting like they can. Maybe he heard a sermon? Maybe he's seen loved ones ruin their lives? Maybe he's always been a teetotaler. Recovering drunk? That's the most likely inspiration?
    We'll never know for sure, because all he does is post videos with no or little commentary. And occasionally responds to the 4 people that he doesn't have on ignore yet.

:):

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What I found interesting was some of the focus on acetaldehyde and just how bad it is for you. What else is interesting is other things that contain that in large amounts. Two come to mind right away, coffee and fermented foods. Now who is it that really likes those two? I can't seem to remember, let me think :scratch:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if Ingrid was drunk when she took this profile picture?

ia-hires-press-image-photo-credit-jess-williams-e1586884825625.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

I'm not buying it.

I've seen plenty of drunks in my life. For a professional singer to mess up a song that badly and blame it on being drunk, I would expect them to be so drunk that they cant stand straight. That didn't appear to be the case with her.

I'd say that it's more likely that today's musicians have very little actual talent other than gathering a huge social media following, and relying on autotune to make them sound decent enough to make money. She didn't have her band, her backup singers, scantily clad dancers, or autotune to hide who she really is and she publicly humiliated herself because of it. Blaming it on booze is an easy cop-out because anyone who questions it is labeled as unsympathetic.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm not buying it.

I've seen plenty of drunks in my life. For a professional singer to mess up a song that badly and blame it on being drunk, I would expect them to be so drunk that they cant stand straight. That didn't appear to be the case with her.

I'd say that it's more likely that today's musicians have very little actual talent other than gathering a huge social media following, and relying on autotune to make them sound decent enough to make money. She didn't have her band, her backup singers, scantily clad dancers, or autotune to hide who she really is and she publicly humiliated herself because of it. Blaming it on booze is an easy cop-out because anyone who questions it is labeled as unsympathetic.
    I think what we saw was a severe lack of talent.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not buying it.

You post reminds me of how rare it is to see somebody who will sing the national anthem straight, with just the notes of the song as written, in tune.
    It's like they have to "jive it up" to hide the fact they can't just sing it straight and in tune.

Top Bottom