• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Does hording it count? No seriously, I have a problem with hording alcohol..

I have developed a weird habit of buying bourbon and scotch, expensive stuff, and then just hording it in my gun room..

I just rarely get the itch to drink, and when I do, I pour something and forget to sip on it..lol, I likely only have a scant few drinks per year. And then its whatever I can find in the mini bottles that are about one shot.. Because if you open a big bottle, it all goes to waste when you only take one shot, and never touch it again for months.

But I have this weird urge to get expensive bottles, with interesting designs, and sit them on a shelf.. and then just look at them.
    Single Malts, Bourbons, stuff like that. And then just literally never open them.

Lord when I die, someone will have one hell of a wake...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

I have developed a weird habit of buying bourbon and scotch, expensive stuff, and then just hording it in my gun room..

I just rarely get the itch to drink, and when I do, I pour something and forget to sip on it..lol, I likely only have a scant few drinks per year. And then its whatever I can mind in the mini bottles that are about one shot.. Because if you open a big bottle, it all goes to waste when you only take one shot, and never touch it again for months.

But I have this weird urge to get expensive bottles, with interesting designs, and sit them on a shelf.. and then just look at them.
    Single Malts, Bourbons, stuff like that.

Look, if you need help, all you gotta do is ask.:40oz:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I just rarely get the itch to drink, and when I do, I pour something and forget to sip on it..lol, I likely only have a scant few drinks per year. And then its whatever I can mind in the mini bottles that are about one shot.. Because if you open a big bottle, it all goes to waste when you only take one shot, and never touch it again for months.

Single Malts, Bourbons, stuff like that.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I remember beer can collections being popular in the 70's. Some people collect power pole insulators just for their different colors and designs. Collecting things that are useful (like expensive booze and guns) is even more legit.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I remember beer can collections being popular in the 70's. Some people collect power pole insulators just for their different colors and designs. Collecting things that are useful (like expensive booze and guns) is even more legit.
    I uhh may have a number of railroad relays and insulators elsewhere too..

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Anyway, this whole.... concept is ironic.

We tried this before you all, Prohibition?
    The result. Gangs smuggled Booze and used the money to buy machine guns..

The result? Alcohol was legalized with the 21st Amendment, and the 1934 National Firearms Act was enacted...

Wait.. now that I say it like that, how the hell does that even make sense... freaking Government.
    Legalize the cause, but ban the symptom?

*sigh*

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyway, this whole.... concept is ironic.

We tried this before you all, Prohibition?
    The result. Gangs smuggled Booze and used the money to buy machine guns..

The result? Alcohol was legalized with the 21st Amendment, and the 1934 National Firearms Act was enacted...

Wait.. now that I say it like that, how the hell does that even make sense... freaking Government.
    Legalize the cause, but ban the symptom?

*sigh*

It's interesting what the first thing that comes into some minds, when an attempt is made to educate? Prohibition is assumed, when it was never a part of the conversation?

Similarly with drugs and other intoxicants education, the first thing that comes to mind with some is law changing (or lack of.) Prohibition, again presumed as the conversation vs the education of what the use of the chemical intoxicant does to one's health?

Strange...

:)

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It's called clickbait. A lot of videos use it these days. ;)

Sorry you fell for it rather than getting any benefit from viewing the informative video content.

I don't understand why any of us would need that benefit whatever it is. :scratch:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And that folks, is what we call gaslighting.

Had to look that up... ;)

...Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person causes someone to question their sanity, memories, or perception of reality. People who experience gaslighting may feel confused, anxious, or unable to trust themselves...

Thanks! Amazing what can be learned when content is actually consumed, rather than written off without knowledge of the subject matter.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's called clickbait. A lot of videos use it these days. ;)

Sorry you fell for it, rather than getting any benefit from viewing the informative video content.

You're sorry they fell for it? Why are you blaming people for you not being clear? You posted it without comment. How should readers know what message you intended by posting it? Do you agree with the clickbaity video thumbnail? How would anyone know?

Posting the video without comment, at face value, enters that as part of the conversation, even if unintended. It's fair for people to think it is part of the conversation, which is why you had to clarify. People post things all the time without thinking about how people will take it. It's fine. We all do it. But then blaming people for you not making it clear isn't helping. I mean. Why not just say, "Yeah, sorry about that. I did not post that to say it should be banned. I posted it because I think it has good information about the ill effects of drinking."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't understand why any of us would need that benefit whatever it is. :scratch:
    I watched it. It’s making a case for quitting, more than it’s making to case to prohibit it. But add the thumbnail and banning it fits right in. But it’s nothing you haven’t heard before about the bad effects of alcohol. They cite some facts and some hyperbole.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's called projection. He can't handle it, so he assumes no one else can either. Same as anti-gun liberals and guns.
    Isn’t this a projection? How would you know he’s advocating against drinking because he can’t handle it? Why is that the assumption you made and not one if the more likely reasons?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Isn’t this a projection? How would you know he’s advocating against drinking because he can’t handle it? Why is that the assumption you made and not one if the more likely reasons?
    Two truisms for ya.

Thou doth protest too much.
    If it walks like a duck...

Nobody gives this much of a **** about an issue without having some kind of personal problem with it.

Top Bottom