• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djjdnap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2010
    the polis of indiana
    I know it's probably been asked b4, but if your OC or cc and asked to leave a store do you have to? or would you be trespassing after they ask you to leave?

Reason i ask is with my holster my gun sticks out a bit, depending on the shirt i wear. so I went to Uhaul on 30th or so and lafayette rd and im returning the truck the guy comes out to look at it and as we're going back in he says I cant let you in with that. I say with what? That on your hip!
    So i'm like oh my bad didn't realize i had it out and then i say well i dont see any signs that say no guns? So after a big sigh he's like man cmon and starts small talk about so how long ou had it ect, ect.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you are asked to leave you MUST leave or you can be charged with trespass (unless you can talk yourself out of a problem). Doesn't matter if a sign is posted or not.

Makes no difference if you are asked to leave because you are picking your nose, smoking a cigar or carrying a gun. Store official asks you to go and you must go.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know it's probably been asked b4, but if your OC or cc and asked to leave a store do you have to? or would you be trespassing after they ask you to leave?

You got it. However, I have never been asked, and I have been in some odd-ball places (Babies-R-Us, around Broadripple, small businesses, and Mega-marts). I am prepared to play nice, talk to management, and see if I can change some minds.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    with my holster my gun sticks out a bit, depending on the shirt i wear.

I'm an advocate for OC and CC, whichever the carrier chooses.

But I'm not a fan of "who cares carry" or "half-and-half carry". If you're gonna conceal carry, then CONCEAL it and keep it out of sight. If you're gonna open carry then let it show with pride. This in between stuff is most likely to get people into a situation because onlookers aren't sure if its a gun or not, if it should be showing or not, or if you're on the "good" team or "bad" team.

Just an overall observation, not trying to pick on ya dj. At least the Uhaul guy wasn't a total spaz and didn't call the cops on you first.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Good job staying mellow and working it out. That's a good +1 for the rest of us. Perhaps the gentleman you were doing business with won't give OCers a second look in the future.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

But I'm not a fan of "who cares carry" or "half-and-half carry". If you're gonna conceal carry, then CONCEAL it and keep it out of sight. If you're gonna open carry then let it show with pride. This in between stuff is most likely to get people into a situation because onlookers aren't sure if its a gun or not, if it should be showing or not, or if you're on the "good" team or "bad" team.

Just an overall observation, not trying to pick on ya dj. At least the Uhaul guy wasn't a total spaz and didn't call the cops on you first.

i'm the opposite; i usually go for discrete carry. I have the fast access to the gun and no one ever says anything. i've never had a "maybe that's a gun" type moment. I have had people freak out when I was OCing. OC always draws attention where i live.

ultimately, carry the way you feel comfortable.:draw:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    If you are asked by an owner and/or agent of the property to leave, you must start moving right then and there. Some folks here have said if it is some, in their opinion, lower level type employee, they request to speak with a manager. I would not do that. The law doesn't give one the right to demand a higher level agent, or any other agent, or the owner. If your told to go by any employee, immediately start moving in a direction that is off the property.

If you stand your ground waiting for a higher level of agent, you risk being arrested for trespassing.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield

I'd REP you, but I'm all out for the day.....

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You got it. However, I have never been asked, and I have been in some odd-ball places (Babies-R-Us, around Broadripple, small businesses, and Mega-marts). I am prepared to play nice, talk to management, and see if I can change some minds.

I agree with this. I would try and talk to a manager, to see if I can calmly work things out. If not then I would walk out, and no longer spend my money in that store. I will not give my money to a store, that does not support our right to carry. As long as you mind your own business, and go about your business. I do not see what the big deal is.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OK OK his question is answered, now it's MY TURN.

What if you are in....say a department store or something, and they have a little sign that says no weapons. Well the red-blooded Constitution supporting American you are, you decided to OC today. A cop comes up and says," No guns allowed, you have to leave". To which you ask if someone complained, and he says no, but there is a sign.

Do you still have to leave?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

Reason i ask is with my holster my gun sticks out a bit, depending on the shirt i wear. so I went to Uhaul on 30th or so and lafayette rd and im returning the truck the guy comes out to look at it and as we're going back in he says I cant let you in with that. I say with what? That on your hip!
    So i'm like oh my bad didn't realize i had it out and then i say well i dont see any signs that say no guns? So after a big sigh he's like man cmon and starts small talk about so how long ou had it ect, ect.

I have never been asked to leave any where.

I would have asked him if he would provide me protection if I was to disarm. You know, mess with him a little bit.:D

Im surprised they would say anything in a neighborhood like that.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have never been asked to leave any where.

I would have asked him if he would provide me protection if I was to disarm. You know, mess with him a little bit.:D

Im surprised they would say anything in a neighborhood like that.

Just tell him your scared there are midgets around.

Top Bottom