• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitegt5.0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    ok I will give it may not be "illegal" but does it not make the gun owner look bad. You cant even follow basic instructions. I just don't think you should have to be told face to face. I think its a respect thing. Idk maybe I am wrong. I also am not saying that these signs should exist but because they do I think you shoud follow them. But ah well.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    ok I will give it may not be "illegal" but does it not make the gun owner look bad. You cant even follow basic instructions. I just don't think you should have to be told face to face. I think its a respect thing. Idk maybe I am wrong. I also am not saying that these signs should exist but because they do I think you shoud follow them. But ah well.

Making yourself look bad is an entirely different matter.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Done properly, it would only make them look bad.

They already consider all people with guns bad. That's disrespect.

whitegt5.0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    How do you oc correctly in this situation? They obviously don't care its legal for you to carry in public. I would say if your going to do it in that situation would be cc.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

I disagree. Most of the time these signs are so tucked away, most people dont even notice them. Then to top it off, most of the employees (even owners/managers) dont care. It is disrespectful if you make a scene if they ask you to leave. That is their right. If they really dont want you there, they will ask you to leave.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How do you oc correctly in this situation? They obviously don't care its legal for you to carry in public. I would say if your going to do it in that situation would be cc.

I believe the proper way to OC there would only be your first visit, not seeing the sign. No need to lie, just don't look for it.

If approached, you may get some reasonable discussion points in (phrased as questions with an innocent yet puzzled look of misunderstanding for maximum impact) before the actual request to leave.

Even then, nothing wrong with making a request to further discuss with a manager as you are leaving.
    It breaks the unused silence if they happen to be following you out.

But yes, most people just CC if they really need to go to a place with a sign. ;)

whitegt5.0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    I disagree. Most of the time these signs are so tucked away, most people dont even notice them. Then to top it off, most of the employees (even owners/managers) dont care. It is disrespectful if you make a scene if they ask you to leave. That is their right. If they really dont want you there, they will ask you to leave.
    If you don't see it thats one thing but if you do thats another.

I believe the proper way to OC there would only be your first visit, not seeing the sign. No need to lie, just don't look for it.

If approached, you may get some reasonable discussion points in (phrased as questions with an innocent yet puzzled look of misunderstanding for maximum impact) before the actual request to leave.

Even then, nothing wrong with making a request to further discuss with a manager as you are leaving.
    It breaks the unused silence if they happen to be following you out.

But yes, most people just CC if they really need to go to a place with a sign. ;)
    Yeah if you don't see it thats cool but yeah I have to say if there is a sign I will be cc :yesway:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If you don't see it thats one thing but if you do thats another.

Yeah if you don't see it thats cool but yeah I have to say if there is a sign I will be cc :yesway:

It depends on the place for me. I end up in the UP Mall almost every day, and if I think about it, I pull my shirt over, since Simon Malls are very unfriendly, and I have been told before that they would ask me to leave. If I forget, or my shirt isnt going to adequately cover, screw it. There is a sign, I could care less. The managers of the stores that I have talked to have stated to me that they would be very upset of the mall made their customers leave.

The movie theater? I saw the sign, made no effort to cover. Cop didnt care, neither did the employees.

Basically I am stating that I will only cover if I have reason to believe that it will be an issue. I still wont simply disarm. If I am not welcome, I will do my business elsewhere. If I cant do my business elsewhere, I will send someone in for me, and I will right a very strong letter of protest to that establishment. Thankfully I havent been put in this situation yet, since I have only had my license for 10 days.

Top Bottom