• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Looks to me like he is working
    Based on what? With no information about what happened or is happening, no context to the picture, and without any identifying marks on the individual, what beyond your best guess makes you think he's working?

It used to be that if you went to a website for a LEA, you could find not only a photo but full name of every officer on the force. Most have gotten away from that. I'm not sure of the reason, but I suspect it had a lot to do with officers' lives and families being put at risk because of people blaming the cop for what they themselves did... "It's that cop's fault I got ticketed for speeding!" for example.

Think about it. Those two ISP officers referenced upthread are attending classes. They are not in uniform and may not have identified themselves as such because they're not taking classes as officers but as students, people like you and me. Why do we need to spread their images everywhere? As private citizens, do they not have a right to privacy? And while they may have "blown their cover" to those sitting around them (if anyone noticed their faces), that doesn't equate to putting their images up where millions of people can see them. :twocents:
    They are not there as students when they tote firearms in public as part of police powers. Think about it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Fair point as well. Correct me if I'm mistaken, though, aren't officers required to carry everywhere? I don't think anyone is going to make the claim that they are never allowed any personal time. I agree with you that carrying while there, and doing so on one's badge blurs the line considerably. I'm not sure what the answer is.

BTW, thank you for your polite comment, it is appreciated.

Blessings,
    Bill

Based on what? With no information about what happened or is happening, no context to the picture, and without any identifying marks on the individual, what beyond your best guess makes you think he's working?

They are not there as students when they tote firearms in public as part of police powers. Think about it.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

Based on the fact that when that comment was made in reference to the picture posted as either the shooter or off duty swat (sure would be ironic for a swat team member to be off duty carrying an AR around campus at the exact same time as a lockdown) that the suspect was already apprehended and the campus was already cleared. By the pictures posted of the suspect being cuffed it was clear this was not the same person. That lead me to believe it was a LEO WORKING. There was lots of information already made public (like the police news conference) when that comment was made which can help determine what happened and how many were involved.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Fair point as well. Correct me if I'm mistaken, though, aren't officers required to carry everywhere? I don't think anyone is going to make the claim that they are never allowed any personal time. I agree with you that carrying while there, and doing so on one's badge blurs the line considerably. I'm not sure what the answer is.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Even if they are required to carry everywhere, are they required to carry their long guns to class? :D I would agree that they should have their personal time. But they lose their "right" to anonymity when they don the garb of public servant and behave accordingly. So I don't have much sympathy for their mugs being 'graphed and posted everywheres. What's good for the goose....

Based on the fact that when that comment was made in reference to the picture posted as either the shooter or off duty swat (sure would be ironic for a swat team member to be off duty carrying an AR around campus at the exact same time as a lockdown) that the suspect was already apprehended and the campus was already cleared. By the pictures posted of the suspect being cuffed it was clear this was not the same person. That lead me to believe it was a LEO WORKING. There was lots of information already made public (like the police news conference) when that comment was made which can help determine what happened and how many were involved.
    You knew 30 minutes after the initial reports what the shooter looked like? You made the same statement in post 19, when the only pics posted so far had been the 2 unidentified individuals. I was just curious how your powers of observation can glean more from a photo than the photo can actually give, considering that none of the information you claim to have used to make your opinion was confirmed when you made your first post. :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    IC 20-33-8-5

"School property"
    Sec. 5. As used in this chapter, "school property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by a school corporation.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure owned or rented by a school corporation.
    As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.17.

can someone post the IC of the definition of "school"

having an argument elsewhere.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012

Blessing
    Bill

My department does not require me to carry off duty, although some do I believe. However I always do because of situations like this.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

Blessings,
    Bill

It has been said that the two officers in class are ISP and ISP does not require off duty carry.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    You knew 30 minutes after the initial reports what the shooter looked like? You made the same statement in post 19, when the only pics posted so far had been the 2 unidentified individuals. I was just curious how your powers of observation can glean more from a photo than the photo can actually give, considering that none of the information you claim to have used to make your opinion was confirmed when you made your first post. :dunno:

You should reread post 19. I said I was going out on a limb, ie guessing at that point.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Senior TA Andrew Boldt was the victim of today's shooting at Purdue. Andrew was from Wisconsin

1010225_10152247655019575_247475341_n.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Any motive yet?

It'll end up being some stupid little crap. It always is.

Something similar happened when I worked at Purdue. A student shot a student guidance counselor. I can't recall if he died or not, but something says no.
    This incident was over being turned in to the police department for smoking pot in the dorms.
    They shooter in this case thought the counselor had "ruined his life".

It's ALWAYS something stupid.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Andrew Boldt (pictured) has been identified as the person killed in the shooting at Purdue University today. He was a 21-year-old senior from West Bend, WI.

The shooting suspect was identified as Cody M. Cousins, 23. Cousins was booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail at 5:20 pm tonight.

Cousins lives in the 300 block of West Stadium Dr. Police searched his residence earlier this evening.

Top Bottom