• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A vote for secret police? Hmmmm

Oh yes, because that's so like me to advance. :rolleyes: There are times I really wish mods could use the ignore list.

Why don't we need to see their faces? Unless of course they are undercover officers, but then their cover is blown already, but not by anyone here sharing them.

It used to be that if you went to a website for a LEA, you could find not only a photo but full name of every officer on the force. Most have gotten away from that. I'm not sure of the reason, but I suspect it had a lot to do with officers' lives and families being put at risk because of people blaming the cop for what they themselves did... "It's that cop's fault I got ticketed for speeding!" for example.

Think about it. Those two ISP officers referenced upthread are attending classes. They are not in uniform and may not have identified themselves as such because they're not taking classes as officers but as students, people like you and me. Why do we need to spread their images everywhere? As private citizens, do they not have a right to privacy? And while they may have "blown their cover" to those sitting around them (if anyone noticed their faces), that doesn't equate to putting their images up where millions of people can see them. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    923065_619187854795325_376895798_n.jpg

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    True. Irritates the heck out of me. We've had a couple of handfuls of homicides this year already and because "school" is associated with this one, it will get national attention. It's already on USA Today.

But, the homicide on 38th? Nada. Even though the motive(s) could have been identical.

Agreed 100%.... Pretty sure the media was hoping for another VT to try and help their agenda.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't even know what that means?
    It means nothing. He's just trying to be helpful.

im frankly tired of this camera happy society that wants to snap pictures of other people all the time. One reason I don't like attending many gun events that would be fun because a couple people are always running around snapping pictures. So I don't go most times . One day I might not want my name linked to guns because I might have to fight to keep my rights and don't want my family put in danger.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Oh yes, because that's so like me to advance. :rolleyes: There are times I really wish mods could use the ignore list.

It used to be that if you went to a website for a LEA, you could find not only a photo but full name of every officer on the force. Most have gotten away from that. I'm not sure of the reason, but I suspect it had a lot to do with officers' lives and families being put at risk because of people blaming the cop for what they themselves did... "It's that cop's fault I got ticketed for speeding!" for example.

Think about it. Those two ISP officers referenced upthread are attending classes. They are not in uniform and may not have identified themselves as such because they're not taking classes as officers but as students, people like you and me. Why do we need to spread their images everywhere? As private citizens, do they not have a right to privacy? And while they may have "blown their cover" to those sitting around them (if anyone noticed their faces), that doesn't equate to putting their images up where millions of people can see them. :twocents:

Actually, no. They don't have a right to privacy if they are in a public place holding a firearm at the ready. We are in a world of phone cameras and the right to privacy in public is less than it used to be and really has never been a "right".

Don't really mind you singling out my post with a sarcastic rip….but a number of other people thought your comment was off the wall. And it is.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    It means nothing. He's just trying to be helpful.

Its not working...

When you step foot in public you are being seen, in person, in pictures, on video.

People can post pictures of what they want, if the LEO didn't want their picture taken they should have taken another role which did not involve being in public, you know like a public servant...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    True. Irritates the heck out of me. We've had a couple of handfuls of homicides this year already and because "school" is associated with this one, it will get national attention. It's already on USA Today.

But, the homicide on 38th? Nada. Even though the motive(s) could have been identical.

Also agree. Could have taken their pic of the homicides today in Chicago, NY, Detroit,...etc. Why this one? Gov. Daniels is the president of the University - a gun advocate - and it happened in Indiana (liberal gun laws with a low crime rate) - and it was on a university campus.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So did people get shot or was this just another campus false alarm?

i wish people would just shoot themselves when they can't handle their problems instead of being cowards and shooting innocent people and cops.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So did people get shot or was this just another campus false alarm?

i wish people would just shoot themselves when they can't handle their problems instead of being cowards and shooting innocent people and cops.

this one looks like a homicide - one guy walked in and shot another guy, laid down his gun, walked out and surrendered to LEO...or something close to it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Fair enough... Careful where you take that, though, because "...really has never been a "right"." is a sword that cuts both ways.

And I didn't single your post out. If you look at what you quoted, I answered two people. You're just the one trying to cast aspersions on me and paint me out to be pro- big government. I just answered you in kind.

Blessings,
    Bill

Actually, no. They don't have a right to privacy if they are in a public place holding a firearm at the ready. We are in a world of phone cameras and the right to privacy in public is less than it used to be and really has never been a "right".

Don't really mind you singling out my post with a sarcastic rip….but a number of other people thought your comment was off the wall. And it is.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Another role.... Like maybe, "university student"?

Its not working...

When you step foot in public you are being seen, in person, in pictures, on video.

People can post pictures of what they want, if the LEO didn't want their picture taken they should have taken another role which did not involve being in public, you know like a public servant...

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Fair enough... Careful where you take that, though, because "...really has never been a "right"." is a sword that cuts both ways.

And I didn't single your post out. If you look at what you quoted, I answered two people. You're just the one trying to cast aspersions on me and paint me out to be pro- big government. I just answered you in kind.

Blessings,
    Bill

There is no motive behind the motive Bill. You made a strange statement and I, and others, called you on it. Don't be so sensitive. A moderator isn't supposed to have blood in his veins.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Another role.... Like maybe, "university student"?

It is just odd to get butt hurt when a cop gets his picture taken yet when someone dies in a car accident and there are body parts everywhere and people are snapping pictures no one seems to mind.

I think of the soldiers that the Taliban has taken videos of, makes me sick but they still get posted and people still watch so it seems odd to be bothered by people taking pics of Leo standing around.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No motive? Did you forget your purple?

Oh, and I'm not modding this thread.

Even on a silly example like the TV show "Cops", they often blur the faces of officers. Wonder why that would be?

There is no motive behind the motive Bill. You made a strange statement and I, and others, called you on it. Don't be so sensitive. A moderator isn't supposed to have blood in his veins.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I follow what you are saying now

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For a different reason, I'm not keen on people doing that either. The decedent isn't going to need his anonymity like the cop might, but his family deserves to find out in a much kinder way than seeing a smartphone pic on twitter.

As for our soldiers... I can't affect what the Taliban do. I don't watch those videos, though, nor spread them around.

It is just odd to get butt hurt when a cop gets his picture taken yet when someone dies in a car accident and there are body parts everywhere and people are snapping pictures no one seems to mind.

I think of the soldiers that the Taliban has taken videos of, makes me sick but they still get posted and people still watch so it seems odd to be bothered by people taking pics of Leo standing around.

Top Bottom