• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I know the LTCH holder didnt have to go thru a background check to get the thing now did they...

Remember OFFICERS... the average citizen who NOTIFIES you of a weapon and who have their LTCH are not the ones to fear... sheesh... but then again, I guess since it is now taught that every citizen is a threat, that everyone is out to do an officer harm that everyone should be cuffed until the encounter if over... I say that if an officer cant do their job without infringing upon a citizens RIGHTS then they maybe should find another job that they can perform without being so scared... Just saying since well you call me a know it all...

Gunner

Show me the stats that you gathered to show the a LTCH holder in Indiana has never committed a crime after their LTCH was issued?

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    Yeah, if the LEO wanted to be a dick, he could have just made it 15mph over the speed limit. YOWZA!

But now, it's simply the equivalent of a parking violation.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Yeah, if the LEO wanted to be a dick, he could have just made it 15mph over the speed limit. YOWZA!

But now, it's simply the equivalent of a parking violation.

I know it, how dare he! Then some wonder why a lot of officers won't cut any breaks. Well, this is why!

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    If I am pulled over for speeding, and the officer wants to write me a ticket for the full speed over, I dont particularly care, if they CHOOSE THEMSELVES to write me for less than what I was speeding, or give a warning, or whatever, then that is THEIR CHOICE, NOT MINE. They dont need to know what is in my car, where I am going, where I have been, why I was speeding, if I have a gun in the car, whatever. Just write me the ticket, I'll sign the thing, and we will both be on our way. It seems that the OFFICERS themselves are the ones that escalate the situations past where they need to be. If he is writing me my speeding ticket and it comes back that I am a LTCH holder, why would it freaking matter when he is handing me that ticket as whether there is a gun in my car. Hand me the ticket, let me sign it and let me be on my way, no need to question me on what is or what is not in my car.

Gunner

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    If I am pulled over for speeding, and the officer wants to write me a ticket for the full speed over, I dont particularly care, if they CHOOSE THEMSELVES to write me for less than what I was speeding, or give a warning, or whatever, then that is THEIR CHOICE, NOT MINE. They dont need to know what is in my car, where I am going, where I have been, why I was speeding, if I have a gun in the car, whatever. Just write me the ticket, I'll sign the thing, and we will both be on our way. It seems that the OFFICERS themselves are the ones that escalate the situations past where they need to be. If he is writing me my speeding ticket and it comes back that I am a LTCH holder, why would it freaking matter when he is handing me that ticket as whether there is a gun in my car. Hand me the ticket, let me sign it and let me be on my way, no need to question me on what is or what is not in my car.

Gunner

Did you find those stats yet?

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Let's just say I pick my fights based on better criteria. When I'm 14 mph over the speed limit and no cuffs, no broken firearm, I'm gonna go get a burger and forget about it.

We have too many armchair warriors on this site.
    :D

Yep, the winner on this one. Let it ride. He let you ride. And having two cars stopped, and he most likely knewthere wasn't going to be any backup, he bluffed about that to cover his 6. You get to keep a clean record. Fair trade I'd say.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    :D

Yep, the winner on this one. Let it ride. He let you ride. And having two cars stopped, and he most likely knewthere wasn't going to be any backup, he bluffed about that to cover his 6. You get to keep a clean record. Fair trade I'd say.

Yea thats right, give up your rights to be a winner.... I would rather take the speeding ticket and keep my rights thank you.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, play this out another way. This is for all of the guys who are on the side of "Stupid cop".

What if YOU were that officer. In a gang prevalent environment, and had pulled over 2 vehicles, in which you were going to ticket both. With road rage, and cop hate all around, you know BOTH drivers have loaded guns, and could easily get the drop on you. You SERIOUSLY wouldn't consider to remove that threat in a non-violent manner? I understand unloading it and handing it back. I don't agree with opening the glove box, but I'm sure resident officers can clarify whether there needs to be a lock on it, and locked for it to be an illegal search issue.

However, I'm unsure whether there is a procedure for this, Considering the door was open, and the gun/holster was in plain view.

I would honestly just be grateful for the lesser ticket and move on.
    You would honestly be grateful for having your rights violated? No, there does not need to be a lock on it. No different then the door on your house, it being closed is enough to say do not enter without a warrant or RAS. And that officer had no RAS to illegally confiscate his firearm.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    You must be a politician. You tell everyone that a LTCH wouldn't ever be a threat and then tell me to prove your point is valid. Nice

Nope not a lying piece of garbage like most politicians. What I am in a freedom loving Christian, who cares more for my own freedom and liberty than some "officer safety" crap. I am not a threat, never have been and never will be. Does a cop on the side of the road know that, nope, but if all he has done is stopped me for speeding, then as I said before write me my ticket and let me be on my way. It is the officers themselves that escalate the situation by asking about what is or isnt in the car, if the driver has a gun, etc. I am under no obligation to provide any information whatsoever except my drivers license, proof of insurance and valid vehicle registration, THAT IS ALL.

As for saying a LTCH holder is no threat, how many people who have the LTCH AND would notify a officer they have a weapon are a threat, damned few.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    How many times a year do you get stopped? I have plenty of practice in this situation.

Here goes the proverbial "knock on wood" but it has been years since I have been stopped, because I CHOOSE to obey the laws governing driving. The times that I have been stopped I was in the wrong, I knew it, the officer knew it, they didnt escalate the situation by asking me all kinds of superfluous questions about where I was going, where I had been, etc... Everything worked out fine, and we both went on our ways.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Nope not a lying piece of garbage like most politicians. What I am in a freedom loving Christian, who cares more for my own freedom and liberty than some "officer safety" crap. I am not a threat, never have been and never will be. Does a cop on the side of the road know that, nope, but if all he has done is stopped me for speeding, then as I said before write me my ticket and let me be on my way. It is the officers themselves that escalate the situation by asking about what is or isnt in the car, if the driver has a gun, etc. I am under no obligation to provide any information whatsoever except my drivers license, proof of insurance and valid vehicle registration, THAT IS ALL.

As for saying a LTCH holder is no threat, how many people who have the LTCH AND would notify a officer they have a weapon are a threat, damned few.

With all the LEO hate that I've seen you spread on this website, you're using the Christian thing loosely. As far as how many LTCH holders that I've had contact with that could be considered a threat......plenty.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Was curious. I've gone about 3 months since my last stop. I haven't had a ticket in 2-3 years and got that one dismissed.
    My step brother, on the other hand, always puffed his chest out and explained his rights to the officer. He paid a hefty fine every time and even spent a few weekends in jail because he escalated the situation.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    With all the LEO hate that I've seen you spread on this website, you're using the Christian thing loosely. As far as how many LTCH holders that I've had contact with that could be considered a threat......plenty.

LEO hate... really... because I demand that a LEO follow the law, AND THE CONSTITUTION. That I feel that any LEO that breaks the law in performance of their duties be criminally liable for their illegal actions, that makes me a non-Christian?

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    You would honestly be grateful for having your rights violated? No, there does not need to be a lock on it. No different then the door on your house, it being closed is enough to say do not enter without a warrant or RAS. And that officer had no RAS to illegally confiscate his firearm.

Please read that line again. I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THE LESSER TICKET AND MOVE ON.

I have nothing to hide in my vehicles. I don't think he was looking for anything. He was looking for a way to keep the ammo separate from the gun, until he could safely leave. PEOPLE ARE CRAZY. Want and example. Go hang out in Lafayette.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Was curious. I've gone about 3 months since my last stop. I haven't had a ticket in 2-3 years and got that one dismissed.
    My step brother, on the other hand, always puffed his chest out and explained his rights to the officer. He paid a hefty fine every time and even spent a few weekends in jail because he escalated the situation.

3 months... why are you stopped so frequently? I mean do you speed, run stop signs, have bad lighting on your vehicle?

Top Bottom