• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    In reading the OP's original post, I see that the other guy pulled over also carries and "went through the same routine" with this officer. Does that mean he had both weapons and returned them at the same time or was the other guy in possession of his firearm while you were waiting on your ticket/gun to be returned? If his was also emptied and returned the same way, I would say the officer was not unsure of what he was doing and would have to questions just why he was in your vehicle looking in the glove box, etc.

I agree that a complaint is not out of line.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you have an LTCH, the officer will know when he queries your license. If he asks you: "Do you have a firearm in the vehicle?", what is your answer?

"Is that why you pulled me over?"

"There is nothing illegal in my vehicle"

...empty silence...

Pick one.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    possible parking ticket settlement to local ordnance violation to moving violation and $x00 and points. Pick one.

There is another thread in here that I won't look for on traffic stops. Some responses here aren't exactly consistent with that thread.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    You've never been involved in a situation where things escalate…and when you look back, you realize there was a specific moment when if you had just kept your mouth shut, or swallowed your pride, things would have turned out differently?

Staying out of jail is a good thing. I start with that aphorism and work backward.
    What you said. +1,000,000 internet points.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Well, to the OP I say:

Go with your gut. If you want to avoid conflict and spending more time on this situation, then let it go.

If you are the type of guy who is idealistic and doesn't like to see any error go unrecognized, then push this issue.

In my mind, Karma is against you. You started the chain of events. If you pursue this, these guys on INGO aren't going to be standing there with you if it goes sideways.

If he files a complaint, what karma are you referring to that is gonna show up to him? OP made a mistake, he got a ticket, officer made a mistake, department needs to know about it. Why is this so complicated? What repercussions is the OP gonna have if he files a complaint?

Top Bottom