• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You've never been involved in a situation where things escalate…and when you look back, you realize there was a specific moment when if you had just kept your mouth shut, or swallowed your pride, things would have turned out differently?

Staying out of jail is a good thing. I start with that aphorism and work backward.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Truer words have never been spoken.

I don't know if Manatee was talking about me, but I never said I would get crappy with the officer and tell him to pound sand or anything like that. I am respectful in all encounters with LEOs. I do agree with VUPD that the OP does need to send a written and formal complaint to the Chief and the Mayor. That, to me, is standing up for your rights. There is a time and place for a "from my cold dead hands" mentality. This isn't one of them, but action does need to be taken. Standing up for ones rights comes in many different forms.
    If having this midset makes me an "armchair warrior" than so be it.

Last edited:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    If it isnt unlawful, then I could personally care less. I am not in the business to offer any information to the officer that isnt coincidental to the stop at hand.

Gunner

I'd have to look up the IPC or let my fingers do the typing and find the threads, but giving false testimony to an officer is indeed unlawful. I'm not going to waste my time researching the IPC for you, but feel free to disagree. Not my a$$ in the sling if you try it and discover that you are mistaken. :):

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you have an LTCH, the officer will know when he queries your license. If he asks you: "Do you have a firearm in the vehicle?", what is your answer?

My response would be, "Why am I being detained?" I'm not obligated to answer such questions.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I don't know if Gunner was talking about me, but I never said I would get crappy with the officer and tell him to pound sand or anything like that. I am respectful in all encounters with LEOs. I do agree with VUPD that the OP does need to send a written and formal complaint to the Chief and the Mayor. That, to me, is standing up for your rights. There is a time and place for a "from my cold dead hands" mentality. This isn't one of them, but action does need to be taken. Standing up for ones rights comes in many different forms.
    If having this midset makes me an "armchair warrior" than so be it.

Talking about you about what? I dont think I was.

Gunner

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I'd have to look up the IPC or let my fingers do the typing and find the threads, but giving false testimony to an officer is indeed unlawful. I'm not going to waste my time researching the IPC for you, but feel free to disagree. Not my a$$ in the sling if you try it and discover that you are mistaken. :):

Lying to the police about facts pertinent to a criminal investigation is illegal. Lying to a officer asking if a gun is in the car during a traffic infraction stop, which in of itself is not a criminal investigation only an "officer safety" issue is NOT.

Gunner

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Good for you.

But that doesn't necessarily end up with the stop of least inconvenience.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.

~Jefferson, I believe

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Last time I looked, you weren't Jefferson.:rockwoot:and I expect you haven't recently refreshed the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. And probably don't have female slaves in your bed.

As I said, I pick my battles and try not to swim upstream all the time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OP, it's already been said and I'm just adding a couple of cents worth of agreement. File a formal complaint against officer coonfinger and follow it up as necessary. He had no business seizing your property.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Well, to the OP I say:

Go with your gut. If you want to avoid conflict and spending more time on this situation, then let it go.

If you are the type of guy who is idealistic and doesn't like to see any error go unrecognized, then push this issue.

In my mind, Karma is against you. You started the chain of events. If you pursue this, these guys on INGO aren't going to be standing there with you if it goes sideways.

Top Bottom