• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    You have an INDY officer here telling you what is right and wrong in a traffic stop and you are disagreeing with him about the actual law and complaining about people bashing the police. Seriously?
    Look, this has already been stated before. Why is he more of an expert than the LEO in question?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I respectfully disagree that it is illegal. The State of Indiana has made it very clear that "Officer Safety" give LEO a wide range of things they can do/ask without Miranda.

Examples: Where are you going? Where are you coming from? Is there anything in the car I should know about? Running a weapon for Lost/Stolen, the list goes on and on.

If you chose not to notify an officer that you are armed and you are legally doing so, that's perfectly within your rights. If a LEO wants to run your weapon for Lost/Stolen is within theirs. Its the same thing as running your license plate prior to a traffic stop.

Traffic stops do not, in and of themselves, qualify as PC for a search/seizure, ESPECIALLY in light of an LTCH being presented.
    I'll just leave this bit of Indiana case law here..
    In the Richardson ruling, the court document states "And even if the facts were such that Officer Eastwood's questioning about the bulge was proper,
    the fact remains that Richardson's production of a valid gun permit should have resulted in the termination of any further questioning."

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    Traffic stops do not, in and of themselves, qualify as PC for a search/seizure, ESPECIALLY in light of an LTCH being presented.
    I'll just leave this bit of Indiana case law here..

There we go! Actual case law! Yay! Out of curiosity, could you link me this particular one? It would make a good toilet read!

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    This is not meant as a slight, or insult, but it is very apparent you are new here if you can praise EPD with a straight face.. lol

That is exactly what its meant as. Look, I didn't come here to fight. I came to voice an opinion. Same as everyone else. Some dont agree with it, thats fine. I'm not upset. But don't talk poorly about a DEPT as a whole, when you are referring to a few officers.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I refuse to be a part of his run to 50, I am out for the evening.

EPD sucks, they flashbang grandmothers and granddaughters and throw whole families out of the city zoo and go nuts over a guy riding a bicycle with a rifle on his back

Top Bottom