• Status
    Not open for further replies.

crudolph00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    FREETOWN
    I'm curious to what would have unfolded if you chose not to "wait until you were down the road" to re-holster/chamber your weapon. I don't feel the LEO has the authority to make this demand.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    LOL, The OP Lied, Changed his story, how can ANY of you take this guy to be credible?

He pulled himself over because he can't take two seconds to look in the rear view mirror to see if an actual cop is pulling him over..or if a flashing traffic light is.

Then lied to us, and you still take him seriously! What a joke!
    7 pages and I'm still trying to figure out how anyone that gets pulled over by a traffic signal can with a straight face call anyone else a "dufus" or "Gomer Pyle"... :lmfao:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    This guy keeps coming to mind... :):

ErnestT6.JPG

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Do you guys think that if cops didn't carry guns less of them would get shot? No one wants to shoot an unarmed man.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I got pulled over out side of Spencer IN tonight with my AR, my clone mp5 and 1500 rounds on ammo and all I got was a ticket.:( super trooper didn't ask and I didn't tell. It was pretty cool how there was 3 of them in 2 miles writing tickets. Armed tax collectors for the courts nothing more nothing less.

But it is a voluntary tax. You voluntarily did something stupid and got pulled over, so now you have to pay the tax. :)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Drive the speed limit, obey the traffic laws that protect me from idiots who think they can drive like Jehu, and you will not have to pay this tax. Why do you think you are exempt from the laws? Only law breakers have anything to fear from honest law enforcement. If one does not obey the traffic laws, what would make a LEO think that one would faithfully obey the Open Carry or Concealed Carry laws?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    LOL, The OP Lied, Changed his story, how can ANY of you take this guy to be credible?

He pulled himself over because he can't take two seconds to look in the rear view mirror to see if an actual cop is pulling him over..or if a flashing traffic light is.

Then lied to us, and you still take him seriously! What a joke!
    How did I lie? I simply stated the rest of the story. I was only 98% sure that a long gun could be carried anywhere in the car and didn't want to come off as a retard. But I guess you win. :rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Drive the speed limit, obey the traffic laws that protect me from idiots who think they can drive like Jehu, and you will not have to pay this tax. Why do you think you are exempt from the laws? Only law breakers have anything to fear from honest law enforcement. If one does not obey the traffic laws, what would make a LEO think that one would faithfully obey the Open Carry or Concealed Carry laws?

Amen.

I don't see why the one person called me the town drunk when I pulled over, I use to have a heavy right foot, my car still makes a lot of noise and I still like to get on it once and a while but only speed when it is a safety concern of getting ran off the road.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    7 pages and I'm still trying to figure out how anyone that gets pulled over by a traffic signal can with a straight face call anyone else a "dufus" or "Gomer Pyle"... :lmfao:

My radar detector went crazy and I saw flashing lights behind me. I did what any law abiding citizen did and pull over thinking it might have been a cop and/or ambulance trying to get somewhere important. Apparently when I pulled off the side of the road he turned on his lights and suddenly yes there really were police lights coming up. He told me he turned them on as soon as he saw my hazards, which I turned on when I saw my radar go off and the flashing lights behind me.

I had been up since 5am this point, worked 9 hours, and been driving 4 some hours. I don't know maybe a bit of exhaustion was setting in, maybe because when you're driving through a no name town with 2 traffic lights and a 4 way stop with flashing red lights and there are no street lighting at all? Give it a rest broseph

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    You were in Randolph County, between Albany to the west and Ridgeville to the east. There used to be a town located at the intersection, but it has long faded away.

Just south of where you were, at the bridge over the Mississinewa river, three Union soldiers from the Civil War are buried at what used to be called Steubenville, a town of up to 3,000 people at one time that has long faded away and all traces are gone. It has been reclaimed by the river.

Pardon the off topic rant, but...

It was a little before the Civil War...if we are talking about the same thing...

I know the area of which you speak, as I would often take that route in my semi from Bluffton back to to the Indy area when I felt like loafing and staying off the interstates.

I have a keen interest in Indiana history, and I had noticed the historical markers on an earlier trip through the area.

I vowed to take my camera along next time through, so one day back in 2005 I pulled over, got out of my rig, and took these shots

Double-Click the thumbnails for hi-resolution.

You can read the story about the three soldiers here.

Jesse Benton's demise is interesting, to say the least. He and his mount fell into a sink hole and were lost! Sounds like my kinda luck! ;)

I don't believe these are actual graves...just memorial markers.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

I was driving 51 in a 45 I think you will be ok on the same streets as me.
    I thought the speed limit had changed to 55 but it hadn't. My bad, I make a concerted effort to stay with in a few mph of the speed limit. Just wrong place at the wrong time. We need more cops that are assigned to enforce traffic laws.:(

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

Papa A...I will agree with you on this one. I drive to Warsaw every day from FW and pass LEO's every day, working SR 30. During my first month of driving to this job, I got pulled over and ticketed doing 60 mph in a 45 west of Pierceton...and I had to pay a 'tax.' How do I avoid being stopped (and possibly, ticketed), I now drive reasonably. Do I speed, yes. Do I do it excessively so as to attract a LEO...no. I drive, with cruise, at 65 mph. Is it over the speed limit, yes. Is it legal to drive that fast? No it's not. Will I get away with 5 mph over the speed limit, probably every day. Did I tell the LEO that I had a handgun in the car? No I did not voluteer the information. Did he ask? No he did not. Would I have told him if he had? Yes I would have and I would have given him my LTHP and kept my hands at the 10 & 2 position on the wheel. Having friends who are LEO's and having some reserve experience, I can tell you that cooperation is the best ticket through a traffic stop. If fact, I've had officers tell me that they have given me verbal warnings in place of a ticket simply b/c I had cooperated nicely and was not negative nor verbally abusive.

LEO's need to protect themselves. Can they be wrong? Yes they can. Can they be afraid? Yes they can. Would everyone on this thread do the same things that LEO's do if you were in their shoes? I'm guessing that you would....and more...and that's simply with the goal of going home alive at the end of their shift!

LEO's have two (2) things in their favor that are not written in the books...they are called instinct and experience. Their experience and their instincts are key to their survival on a daily basis and I don't know a LEO who isn't more concerned about his/her own safety than they are about the law.

If I were LEO, would I take every precaution to prevent a dangerous situation from turning into a bad situation (ie, bloodshed) if possible, especially if I had just stopped to check out a guy who had stopped and had his flashers on, to see if he was okay, who turned out to have a rifle in the front seat of his car.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I got pulled over out side of Spencer IN tonight with my AR, my clone mp5 and 1500 rounds on ammo and all I got was a ticket.:( super trooper didn't ask and I didn't tell. It was pretty cool how there was 3 of them in 2 miles writing tickets. Armed tax collectors for the courts nothing more nothing less.
    That is kinda their job. They work the interstate...not much else to do on the I than look for speeders and disabled vehicles.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    That is kinda their job. They work the interstate...not much else to do on the I than look for speeders and disabled vehicles.

The problemnis that the court system has become dependant on the income from the tickets. Does it really cost 100.00 in court cost to process a ticket?

Does anyone want to break down who all has there hands in the ticket pot?

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    IF he has reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime has occurred, or is about to occur. Once the officer was aware of the LTCH, he had no legal cause for his actions.

So you are saying no one with an LTCH has ever commited a crime? Darn guess I shoulda let that young underage kid that was drinking go because he had a LTCH, wich he was packing, oh but wait it was stolen!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom