• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    IF he has reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime has occurred, or is about to occur. Once the officer was aware of the LTCH, he had no legal cause for his actions.

My thoughts on this also, unless there is specific Indiana law or case law to the contrary.

But don't say this too loud. I just got Mike calmed down. :):

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Just so everyone understands where I'm coming from.
    I have close friends and relatives in Law Enforcement and I want them to go home at the end of every shift.
    The stats that I was referring to are from The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc. (ODMP)
    For Jan. and Feb 2009 seventeen Officers were killed.
    The numbers for Jan. and Feb. this year so far are thirty killed and we have more than a week left in Feb.
    That's almost double the number killed during the same time last year.
    The Lame Stream Media, to quote Bernie Goldberg, has conveniently ignored these facts and average Americans are not aware of them. I just want my fellow INGO members to know that LEO's are dying at nearly twice the rate of last year. For them to be lax during a "routine" stop would be suicidal in these times.
    Mike

And how many of those officers are being killed by people who are legally licensed to carry a firearm?

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just so everyone understands where I'm coming from.
    I have close friends and relatives in Law Enforcement and I want them to go home at the end of every shift.
    The stats that I was referring to are from The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc. (ODMP)
    For Jan. and Feb 2009 seventeen Officers were killed.
    The numbers for Jan. and Feb. this year so far are thirty killed and we have more than a week left in Feb.
    That's almost double the number killed during the same time last year.
    The Lame Stream Media, to quote Bernie Goldberg, has conveniently ignored these facts and average Americans are not aware of them. I just want my fellow INGO members to know that LEO's are dying at nearly twice the rate of last year. For them to be lax during a "routine" stop would be suicidal in these times.
    Mike

UncleMike I have the deepest respect for LEOs. I also believe they have a dangerous job. That being said after reading you post it sounded like all dieing while on the job were from gunshots. I followed your link and only counted 10 from gunshots. The OP seemed to involve and follow officer safety and may of these seemed to involve health related situations. I realize some also involved vehicular accidents and a couple by assault. None should have happened but as I said it sounded by you post all were gunned down in the line of duty. I thank you and all LEOs for you service to us all.:patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    O.K., enjoyed this thread till now. Outta here. You guys have fun.

Sorry but if someone intends to do harm they are not going to admit they have a gun and then hand it over.

How many police get shot after giving guns back to legally licensed individuals.

The behavior is unfounded. But because of safety, citizens rights can be trumped and tossed aside.

Where is the logic in this?

The libs use this line of logic in their "Do it for the kids"
    Here you are just substituting "cops" for kids.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    And how many of those officers are being killed by people who are legally licensed to carry a firearm?
    Not only is that statement irrelevant to to my point.
    It's an insult to those who died in the service of their communities.

I suppose you think that a licensed citizen deserves different treatment from other citizens.
    NOT!!
    The pilot who flew into the office complex in TX was fully licensed. Did that make him exempt from going loony and killing other people?
    NO!!
    Paranoia to a Police Officer is merely a heightened sense of reality.
    People ARE trying to kill them.
    Licensed or not.
    Mike

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    The law, as established, was my answer to your post. Absolute liberty certainly is not absolute to anyone. If it were, then anarchy would be the only result.

I say the law is flawed. It may be the law but it needs to be challenged.
    If an officer stumbles upon an illegally carried weapon that is one thing. But in this instance no crime was committed.
    It is not illegal to pull over.
    It is not illegal to have a long arm anywhere in a vehicle.
    It is not illegal to have a legally carried handgun.
    It is harassment to be made to disarm and have to retrieve your stuff from the hatch after the officer leaves the scene of a travesty. :twocents:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Not only is that statement irrelevant to to my point.
    It's an insult to those who died in the service of their communities.

I suppose you think that a licensed citizen deserves different treatment from other citizens.
    NOT!!
    Mike

Irrelevant in what manner?

No all citizens need to be treated with respect for their rights.
    If someone was intent on harming the LEO they would not admit to having a gun in the first place. Once it is established that the person is licensed why is there a need to disarm that person?
    The safest place for my handgun is in my holster. The more times it gets handled a greater opportunity exists for there to be an accident.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Irrelevant in what manner?

No all citizens need to be treated with respect for their rights.
    If someone was intent on harming the LEO they would not admit to having a gun in the first place. Once it is established that the person is licensed why is there a need to disarm that person?
    The safest place for my handgun is in my holster. The more times it gets handled a greater opportunity exists for there to be an accident.
    As I stated before. A license is not a guarantee that someone isn't a threat. It just means that they can carry a handgun on their person to protect themselves.
    The fact that a person has a license does not mean that the Officer must drop his guard.
    Licensed people can be a threat just as easily as unlicensed people.
    Mike

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    As I stated before. A license is not a guarantee that someone isn't a threat. It just means that they can carry a handgun on their person to protect themselves.
    The fact that a person has a license does not mean that the Officer must drop his guard.
    Mike

So you think every officer needs to disarm legal gun owners on every stop?

It is my opinion that a LEO doesn't have to drop his guard and can make a stop without disarming citizens.

I hardly ever hear of citizens being pulled out of cars and patted down\disarmed when they haven't volunteered that they have a weapon.
    Why does such admission make the legal gunowner fair game?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Mike

So you think every officer needs to disarm legal gun owners on every stop?

It is my opinion that a LEO doesn't have to drop his guard and can make a stop without disarming citizens.

I hardly ever hear of citizens being pulled out of cars and patted downdisarmed when they haven't volunteered that they have a weapon.
    Why does such admission make the legal gunowner fair game?
    If you take the time to read my post, and comprehend it, you will note that I stated that the license doesn't mean that an Officer MUST drop his guard.
    At no time did I mention disarming law abiding citizens. You sir, are afraid of the Police without reason.
    Statute and Case Law have consistently upheld that an Officer may exercise whatever discretion he feels is necessary in order to insure his personal safety.
    If you are unhappy with that I suggest that you contact your Legislative Representative and petition him/her to propose bills which will change the laws to suit your fancy.
    Mike

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    If you take the time to read my post, and comprehend it, you will note that I stated that the license doesn't mean that an Officer MUST drop his guard.
    At no time did I mention disarming law abiding citizens. You sir, are afraid of the Police without reason.
    Statute and Case Law have consistently upheld that an Officer may exercise whatever discretion he feels is necessary in order to insure his personal safety.
    If you are unhappy with that I suggest that you contact your Legislative Representative and petition him/her to propose bills which will change the laws to suit your fancy.
    Mike

Mike, I have been here for quite some time.
    Many of these type of posts have been posted.
    The majority of them end up like this one did.
    There are some, although few, that get an acknowledgment from the officer and told to just leave it were it is.
    Why do licensed citizens carry a handgun?
    Why do Police carry a handgun?
    Why can I be disarmed for safety and yet the officer remain armed?
    I know what the law says.
    I disagree with it.

I wonder if law abiding gun owners who volunteer to officers that they are carrying, shoot more LEOs than LEOs shoot abiding gun owners that they have stopped?
    Being licensed doesn't make you less of a threat anymore than being a LEO does.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Mike, I have been here for quite some time.
    Many of these type of posts have been posted.
    The majority of them end up like this one did.
    There are some, although few, that get an acknowledgment from the officer and told to just leave it were it is.
    Why do licensed citizens carry a handgun?
    Why do Police carry a handgun?
    Why can I be disarmed for safety and yet the officer remain armed?
    I know what the law says.
    I disagree with it.

I wonder if law abiding gun owners who volunteer to officers that they are carrying, shoot more LEOs than LEOs shoot abiding gun owners that they have stopped?
    Being licensed doesn't make you less of a threat anymore than being a LEO does.
    OK.
    You can't help being you, and I can't help being me.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    Mike

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I got pulled over out side of Spencer IN tonight with my AR, my clone mp5 and 1500 rounds on ammo and all I got was a ticket.:( super trooper didn't ask and I didn't tell. It was pretty cool how there was 3 of them in 2 miles writing tickets. Armed tax collectors for the courts nothing more nothing less.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    LOL, The OP Lied, Changed his story, how can ANY of you take this guy to be credible?

He pulled himself over because he can't take two seconds to look in the rear view mirror to see if an actual cop is pulling him over..or if a flashing traffic light is.

Then lied to us, and you still take him seriously! What a joke!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom