• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The problemnis that the court system has become dependant on the income from the tickets. Does it really cost 100.00 in court cost to process a ticket?

Does anyone want to break down who all has there hands in the ticket pot?
    Mostly the state. I think the issuing agency gets 5 cents for every ticket written. That 5 cents goes into the agency's training fund.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I found Officer Gomer Pyle that pulled me over

qualifications%20003.jpg

he's the doofus looking one in green earmuffs
    Where did you manage to find the picture?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    As I stated before. A license is not a guarantee that someone isn't a threat. It just means that they can carry a handgun on their person to protect themselves.
    The fact that a person has a license does not mean that the Officer must drop his guard.
    Licensed people can be a threat just as easily as unlicensed people.
    Mike

:yesway: Rep given.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Not only is that statement irrelevant to to my point.
    It's an insult to those who died in the service of their communities.

I suppose you think that a licensed citizen deserves different treatment from other citizens.
    NOT!!
    Mike
    HA, but a citizen with a badge, deserves different treatment ??? Kinda a double standard aint it.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Only law breakers have anything to fear from honest law enforcement.

Laws are only as good as the people that write them.

• Remember when it was 'the law' that certain people were required to wear gold stars on their clothing?
    • What about 'the law' that certain people had to sit in specific places on public transportation?
    Our country was founded by 'law breakers' and other such criminals.:patriot:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I'm curious to what would have unfolded if you chose not to "wait until you were down the road" to re-holster/chamber your weapon. I don't feel the LEO has the authority to make this demand.

You would either find yourself face down on pavement, or be convinced to NOT holster your legaly carried pistol until the officer decided he was safe.
    And for you last sentence...... HES A COP he has the "authority" to do alot more than tell you not to holster your pistol.
    It cracks me up the amount of people on here posting IC trying to determin what a cop can & cant do :laugh: :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    HA HA HA HA , Geee, ya think he got picked on in high school:laugh:

LOL I could tell from when he walked up to my car, all 5 foot 5 of him and he was gonna have little mans ego.

What really bothers me most is clearing my pistol. It's an unfamiliar firearm. I KNOW EVERYONE reads their owners manuals before operating a firearm buy jeez, clearing an unfamiliar weapon which was loaded, good thing he was aiming it at his cruiser. lol

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    While I agree the stop and his actions are essentially b.s., your assessment of the law as written, interpreted, and ideally enforced, is flawed.

An LEO does have the authority to secure one's firearms, for assuring his own safety, until the stop is complete. This is established law.

A LTCH has little bearing upon this particular conversation, except to notate that the individual has a lawful ability to carry a firearm on his person in public.

Yet the officer made demands, with no legal basis, that the OP secure a firearm in the trunk, thereby forcing the OP to consent to an illegal search of the trunk. Further, he locked the OPs sidearm and ammo in the trunk, and without legal basis forced the OP to go for a period of time, extending until well after the stop was over, to go disarmed. Again, with no legal basis. The officer chose to create law, violated the fourth amendment, and by the sounds of it may have violated the fifth amendment by continuing to harrass the OP to answer questions he didn't want to answer.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Not only is that statement irrelevant to to my point.
    It's an insult to those who died in the service of their communities.

I suppose you think that a licensed citizen deserves different treatment from other citizens.
    NOT!!
    The pilot who flew into the office complex in TX was fully licensed. Did that make him exempt from going loony and killing other people?
    NO!!
    Paranoia to a Police Officer is merely a heightened sense of reality.
    People ARE trying to kill them.
    Licensed or not.
    Mike

No, there was no insult to officers, aside from the one you created in your own mind. Pointing out FACTS is not an insult, it's a look into reality, a look at who you should really fear. And legal gun carriers statistically doesn't make that list.

The insult comes from you, who compare legally licensed gun carriers to terrorists. It is a frigtening insight into the mind of an elitist, one who thinks they are somehow better than their fellow citizens.

Given that cops have been known to abuse citizens, that they have been known to threaten to shoot people merely for lawfully carrying a gun, that one of your brothers on this board has threatened to split open the head of anyone who chose to exercise their fifth amendment rights, I'd have to say we have somewhat more to fear from cops who do not respect the law, from cops who regard legal gun carriers as terrorists, than cops do from us. And the record supports it.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Guys, you've been doing a good job of keeping the comments *mostly* related to this specific incident and this specific officer. Things are starting to heat up and become generalized, though, so let's be sure to keep this on topic and be respectful of each other's opinions without starting the personal attacks, mmk?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So you are saying no one with an LTCH has ever commited a crime? Darn guess I shoulda let that young underage kid that was drinking go because he had a LTCH, wich he was packing, oh but wait it was stolen!

So, you are saying that having an LTCH is instant probable cause to believe that the carrier is a criminal? Why are you so anti-gun?

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    So, you are saying that having an LTCH is instant probable cause to believe that the carrier is a criminal? Why are you so anti-gun?

Me anti gun? You may want to know me before you make a statement like that. I really dont know how you can make a statement like that.

No not at all! Just pointing out that all different classes/groups of people can and will do bad things.

Its one of those things that if you have never walked in ones shoes dont be so quick to judge untill you have.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I actually had a police officer do the same type of stop with me , when I told him I was a license holder and was armed he had me get out of the car and stand between our two cars , and he disarmed me , came back and handed me a gun a empty clip and a handfull of bullets and told me not to reload until he was gone , the only one thing he did wrong as far as I am concerned , he did not put the empty clip back in the gun , this could have served as a warning had he heard it drop , especially since he was walking away from me. The one thing I can be glad about is the fact he was very calm and collected , and he only wrote me a warning ticket.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If someone has an alternative to an LEO temporarily disarming a person's access to firearms, to assure their own safety: Please, I'm listening.

I think pre-emptive tasering of all suspects during a traffic stop, continuously, until the suspect is disabled.

Or, alternatively, don't pull people over in the first place. More to the point, don't get in a patrol car and drive around. Because if we are going to enter into the argument statistics for officers killed or injured on duty they will support, year over year, motor vehicle accidents being the overwhelming cause.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom