• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Much ado about nothing, policy has been in place for 6 years!

At my kids school they can't bring homemade cookies, cupcakes etc. anymore, if they want to celebrate a Bday with a treat it must be store bought and in the original wrapper.

That involves the sharing of food at an event and is pretty much standard policy in every school. This is about being able to bring food for yourself that you plan to eat as your lunch.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Much ado about nothing, policy has been in place for 6 years!

At my kids school they can't bring homemade cookies, cupcakes etc. anymore, if they want to celebrate a Bday with a treat it must be store bought and in the original wrapper.

Its definitely ado about something.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    That involves the sharing of food at an event and is pretty much standard policy in every school. This is about being able to bring food for yourself that you plan to eat as your lunch.

You never traded food with your friends when you had a sack lunch, tinfoil is a little tight on a few of you, if the parents of the kids involved had a problem I'm sure we would have heard about it sometime in the last SIX YEARS

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    This kind of 'stuff' is happening everywhere to some degree. While I agree in theory with the idea that kids in general need more nutritionally sound diets, I completely disagree with Food Police patrolling the cafeteria. This is more about our individual freedoms.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Breakfast?? WTF?

Then you just wasted half a day. You know there are kids who eat nothing between leaving school and getting back there the next day? It has nothing to do with race or being poor, the parents are just that bad. What do you think these kids are going to be thinking about, their classwork or lunch?

Most parents are good about feeding their kids, but the reason these programs are put into place, the whole purpose of school lunch in the first place, is because there are parents who don't know how.

AJG357: Nobody is saying you are a horrible parent, but there are parents who gave their kids a box of hot pocks for the week and that was all they have to eat, and that is an problem. Or they get a box of fruit snacks for dinner.

In a perfect world you can tell the parents to be responsible and feed their kids, and they would, but this isn't a perfect world. I would rather spend some tax money to feed some kids who lives suck anyway than spend it on some neighborhood improvement program.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You know there are kids who eat nothing between leaving school and getting back there the next day? It has nothing to do with race or being poor, the parents are just that bad. What do you think these kids are going to be thinking about, their classwork or lunch?

In a perfect world you can tell the parents to be responsible and feed their kids, and they would, but this isn't a perfect world. I would rather spend some tax money to feed some kids who lives suck anyway than spend it on some neighborhood improvement program.

That's not my problem. If people can't handle having (including feeding) their children, then they shouldn't have had them. Making an entire generation of parent-less kids addicted to big government isn't a good idea. We can't make everyone happy and I'm sick and tired of working people being robbed to death so that irresponsible morons and their offspring can enjoy a comfortable, scott-free life.

In my perfect world, sack lunch would be the only option. It isn't the government's job to feed our kids, hell, it isn't in their job description to teach our kids!

Americans need to man up and accept their responsibilities. Americans need to stop leaching off of other Americans. If you want to have kids, make sure you can care for them and feed them, because a lot of tax payers are getting tired of doing it for you. When do we wake up and realize that all of these tax dollars being stolen from us could go towards the betterment of our own children?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That's not my problem. If people can't handle having (including feeding) their children, then they shouldn't have had them. Making an entire generation of parent-less kids addicted to big government isn't a good idea. We can't make everyone happy and I'm sick and tired of working people being robbed to death so that irresponsible morons and their offspring can enjoy a comfortable, scott-free life.

In my perfect world, sack lunch would be the only option. It isn't the government's job to feed our kids, hell, it isn't in their job description to teach our kids!

Americans need to man up and accept their responsibilities. Americans need to stop leaching off of other Americans. If you want to have kids, make sure you can care for them and feed them, because a lot of tax payers are getting tired of doing it for you. When do we wake up and realize that all of these tax dollars being stolen from us could go towards the betterment of our own children?

I agree with this, but it's a no-win situation. Sure we can tell them "too bad" but then innocent kids who didn't have a choice in the matter starve to death. That's why there isn't a solution to this problem, an easy one doesn't exist. These kinds of solutions are "perfect world" options.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago

While i don't disagree with you on any particular point, the reality of the situation is that you won't be punishing the people who won't man up, but those who are being hurt in the process anyway. Want to make having children without a license illegal? That is the only way to punish people who have too many kids and can't support them.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If parents are unfit, doesn't Indiana have a procedure for removing the childen and placing them in foster care? My concern is that if the parents are too goofy too properly feed their kids, there is probably a lot of other abusive crap going on too.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    That's why there isn't a solution to this problem, an easy one doesn't exist. These kinds of solutions are "perfect world" options.

Then how bout we take the hard road .

Make the kids wards of the state , sterilize the parents and stop life long well fare .

Set an entitlement limit of 2 years (gives you time for schooling) for all programs like food stamps / well fare / unemployment etc .

Stop giving money to ANY other nations , period .

Deport all illegals and their anchor babies , shut the border down (you can leave but you aren't coming back for 5 years) , and focus on getting ourselves back on track as a nation .

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Then you just wasted half a day. You know there are kids who eat nothing between leaving school and getting back there the next day? It has nothing to do with race or being poor, the parents are just that bad. What do you think these kids are going to be thinking about, their classwork or lunch?

Most parents are good about feeding their kids, but the reason these programs are put into place, the whole purpose of school lunch in the first place, is because there are parents who don't know how.

AJG357: Nobody is saying you are a horrible parent, but there are parents who gave their kids a box of hot pocks for the week and that was all they have to eat, and that is an problem. Or they get a box of fruit snacks for dinner.

No one is saying, sir that you are an irresponsible gun owner, but there are TONS of people out there that can't handle firearms. And THAT is a problem. Therefore (for the good of the CHILDREN) we're going to have to take your right to bear arms away from you.... Just sayin'...

The argument you present smells to high heaven.

Yet another reason why the government has NO business educating/feeding/raising our children.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Then how bout we take the hard road .

Make the kids wards of the state , sterilize the parents and stop life long well fare .

Will that include forced abortions too?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your solutions are worse than the problems.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Will that include forced abortions too?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your solutions are worse than the problems.

No more abortions period , I don't buy into the idea that a womans rights are more important than her unborn child .

Worse than the problems ?

The road we've been on for so long is leading us to ruin so IMO , it's time for drastic changes . What's your solutions ?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No more abortions period , I don't buy into the idea that a womans rights are more important than her unborn child .

Worse than the problems ?

The road we've been on for so long is leading us to ruin so IMO , it's time for drastic changes . What's your solutions ?

I'm saying that you're not going to "get back on track as a nation" by violently eliminating more freedoms.

Force sterilization is the moral equivalent of government rape. Making children wards of the state is essentially kidnapping. Those are fighting words. Although it doesn't seem like it, Americans do have a breaking point for being raped by the government.

Eliminate welfare, yes. End foreign distribution of our money, yes.

Last edited:

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Wait a minute....

Slow down here....

Food Allergies. Peanut for one. My daughter has a friend in her class that is severely allergic to Peanut's. The school asked for the safety of that child that no food be brought in. I'm assuming that the slightest oil or nut based product could cause some real damage, but we of course don't want that to happen.

Second, I can understand the cause and effect of a 9 year old in a learning environment drinking a can of Mountain Dew for lunch. You have got to be freakin kidding me?!!?!?!!?! I have seen it when i chaperon my kids field trips. I can't believe the parents would send a kid in with crap like that to begin with, but the effect on that child and the class interruptions are a real issue.

Third, I don't want any government agency telling me what I 'must' so when it comes to my kids. I hate the required vaccinations, but i understand them. I hate the Sex Ed class, but i understand what led them to this. The great thing about living in the Hoosier state is i can say 'screw you, I'll teach them and feed them what i want.' or i can say 'screw you, im sending them to a private school.'

no matter what, in the end, the blame for allowing this to occur and giving some government bureaucrat the reason to create this law lies firmly with you and I. You and I should be the ones that confront the ass-hat parents for sending the Coke in with their kid. You and I should be saying to some idiot parent 'Hey, look, your kid is gonna screw up a good thing. Take care of it before the school has to and we all get screwed cause of your kid.'

My opinion is we need to stop waiting for the government to screw something up and take care of our own. We need to step up to the plate and tell some stupid kid to knock it off, or tell some non-intersted parent to police their own kid or we will be getting govt intervention whether we want it or not.

I for one welcome it when my neighbors yell at my kids for doing something stupid. My kids deserve it, and my neighbors all know 'please, lay into them when they screw up. please let me know too.'

my :twocents:

M

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Wait a minute....

Slow down here....

You and I should be the ones that confront the ass-hat parents for sending the Coke in with their kid. You and I should be saying to some idiot parent 'Hey, look, your kid is gonna screw up a good thing. Take care of it before the school has to and we all get screwed cause of your kid.'

my :twocents:

M

Wait a minute and slow down, indeed. What business is it of mine if a parent sends a Coke to school in their kid's lunch box? We should now limit our freedom to decide because if the school doesn't like our choices they might take them from everyone?

Lick the hands that feed you and may your chains rest lightly upon you, but leave me out of it.

I'll not police my fellows for their reasonable choices.

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Wait a minute and slow down, indeed. What business is it of mine if a parent sends a Coke to school in their kid's lunch box? We should now limit our freedom to decide because if the school doesn't like our choices they might take them from everyone?

Lick the hands that feed you and may your chains rest lightly upon you, but leave me out of it.

I'll not police my fellows for their reasonable choices.

Define reasonable choice please.

Is the Mountain Dew on a bus for lunch to a Museum a wise choice that will hinder my child's education? In which case, you bet your ass i will be pointing out that idiotic decision to you as a father to another father. man to man. Not the schools job. It's mine. Was i not clear in that point?

If you kid is to hyper to pay attention, causes problems, interupts, ruins a otherwise great learning environment... ya i think the reasonable choice is not so reasonable.

M

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I'm saying that you're not going to "get back on track as a nation" by violently eliminating more freedoms.
    Details man , I haven't got all the details worked out yet . Seriously though , kick all the ass that needs kicked and make folks realize that from here on there will be no more blaming society for your eff ups . You wanna play , your gonna pay your own way . Act like a douche and you will be treated as such .

Force sterilization is the moral equivalent of government rape.

If your gonna rape someone or have a bunch of kids in order to "work" the system , I have NO qualms about you gettin sterilized . Not you specifically , in general .

Making children wards of the state is essentially kidnapping.

In order to "salvage" them and teach them to be productive members instead of what they're gonna learn now .

Those are fighting words. Although it doesn't seem like it, Americans do have a breaking point for being raped by the government.

I don't think we've had that sort of fortitude in a long time .

Eliminate welfare, yes. End foreign distribution of our money, yes.

Exactly , keep our noses out of every other countries business for a while .

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Must.... respond....

Third, I don't want any government agency telling me what I 'must' so when it comes to my kids. I hate the required vaccinations, but i understand them.

I have good news for you MattYag. You don't have to like them or understand vaccines. It is your God-given right to avoid them. You own your body.

Every state including Indiana has exemptions to vaccines for public schooling. Yeah, I'm saying that your doctor, the newspaper, the TV, the school administrators, teachers, nurses, your neighbors.. THEY ARE WRONG. You can go to public school, live your whole life without a single shot.

Know the law, and use your rights before they are annihilated.

Indiana Vaccine Exemption Laws (pdf)

Top Bottom