• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    The ISP doesn't care what EPD says about her citizenship status.

If the ISP is concerned about her citizenship, do you really think they are going to consult the EPD about it? No, they will verify it themselves, that is THEIR job!

The only thing they want from EPD is whether or not she has a police history in Eville. That's a BS story they are using to back peddle trying to fool her into not getting a license. Complying with them will not speed up the process.

To give you an idea of how it SHOULD work, my sheriffs office fills the forms out, fingerprints you, and sends you out the door with your application. None of this "come back later so we can infringe on your rights" BS!

This crap makes me so angry! We need to do it like Utah, 100% privatized. You just mail the stuff to the SP.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The ISP doesn't care what EPD says about her citizenship status.

If the ISP is concerned about her citizenship, do you really think they are going to consult the EPD about it? No, they will verify it themselves, that is THEIR job!

The only thing they want from EPD is whether or not she has a police history in Eville. That's a BS story they are using to back peddle trying to fool her into not getting a license. Complying with them will not speed up the process.

To give you an idea of how it SHOULD work, my sheriffs office fills the forms out, fingerprints you, and sends you out the door with your application. None of this "come back later so we can infringe on your rights" BS!

This crap makes me so angry! We need to do it like Utah, 100% privatized. You just mail the stuff to the SP.

Gotta disagree there... If we change ANYTHING it should be do away with the requirement and leave the LTCH for reciprocity ONLY.

Indiana should have Constitutional Carry ASAP.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh lawdy, you wouldn't believe.

I really wish they'd stop giving my tax money away, but as they insist on doing illegal things... time to move, soon.

Well, you would both know and believe! I can't believe that both past and present mayors, the city council, and most of GAGE aren't in or on the way to jail by now. Never mind the Toilet Bowl (at least that is how it appears from above), or as a friend put it, the Edsel Center.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Gotta disagree there... If we change ANYTHING it should be do away with the requirement and leave the LTCH for reciprocity ONLY.

Indiana should have Constitutional Carry ASAP.

That is fine, but still switch to Utahs system. With Const. carry, then people might not complain about the 3 hour class. More states would honor it and it's easier than most the crap these local LEAs make people do.

It's a winning combo.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    That is fine, but still switch to Utahs system. With Const. carry, then people might not complain about the 3 hour class. More states would honor it and it's easier than most the crap these local LEAs make people do.

It's a winning combo.

:yesway:

Constitutional Carry plus training requirement permit for reciprocity. I can get down with that.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    My point is the 3 hour class Utah requires is completely private and you don't mess with LE at all. It is much easier than what most Hoosiers currently have to do. Making multiple trips to the office between 9-4, making appointments with the chief so you can justify yourself, and other nonsense. I'd rather have a 3 hr class on Sat that doesn't involve the local LE.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    We did the online for her, they had a copy at the EPD, and asked her to fill out another form, for their records. I never had to do any of that, but I got mine done at Warrick Sheriffs office.

We complied with all of that, and I expected that would be the end of it. Then all this happened.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I really feel her age (18, and I am 19) have a lot to do with all this. The first lady I spoke with (not the one that handles gun permits, the secretary) was apparently caught up with the story, and even asked me, "Isn't she 18?"

That conversation went like this..

M: Can I speak with whoever is in charge of handgun licenses?
    H: Sure, what is this regarding?
    M: Emily Killians LTCH.
    H: Oh yes, one moment.
    Picks up the phone and is waiting for a answer.
    H: Isn't she only 18?
    M:Yes

Waited, and the lady that handles the licensing came out. I guess I just didn't think that conversation was important enough to put in the first post, since she's just a secretary, but now that I think about it, I figured I'd throw that out here too.

First post edited.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    For those that want to stick to NOT requiring classes how about that's fine but no RECIPROCITY???? Just a thought.

Exactly my point, no license REQUIRED for OC/CC in Indiana but we offer a better, improved license for reciprocity reasons just like Arizona.

We did the online for her, they had a copy at the EPD, and asked her to fill out another form, for their records. I never had to do any of that, but I got mine done at Warrick Sheriffs office.

We complied with all of that, and I expected that would be the end of it. Then all this happened.

If you did L1 online there is nothing for you to fill out at EPD besides prints and then you mail everything in.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Exactly my point, no license REQUIRED for OC/CC in Indiana but we offer a better, improved license for reciprocity reasons just like Arizona.

If you did L1 online there is nothing for you to fill out at EPD besides prints and then you mail everything in.

No, you see Eville adds its own paperwork and requirements. Because they suck. They obviously thought they could fool a stupid 18 year old with the country of birth BS.

I would just demand the signed application. They are required by law to give it to you.

Top Bottom