• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So I can send in her application straight to ISP? I don't really need EPD to "sign off" on anything? I can walk in, demand her signed application, walk down to the USPS, and send it to ISP?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    All EPD does is sign it, and they can't refuse to.

All they can do is write a recommendation they not issue the license. Which of course will be ignored if it's not a legitimate reason. Being 18 or born in Germany are not legitimate.

Last edited:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    When My Lady applied for her LTCH (in small town, Sullivan County jurisdiction) online at ingov, the only thing LLE had to do was go into their queue and approve/deny after the digital fingerprinting was completed...

Can EPD require more paperwork for their "records"(Surely the queue has a print option for the digital application. I may erroneously be assuming that the application is in the queue...) I thought the process was dictated by the state?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    When My Lady applied for her LTCH (in small town, Sullivan County jurisdiction) online at ingov, the only thing LLE had to do was go into their queue and approve/deny after the digital fingerprinting was completed...

Can EPD require more paperwork for their "records"(Surely the queue has a print option for the digital application. I may erroneously be assuming that the application is in the queue...) I thought the process was dictated by the state?

Since when did Evansville/EPD start going by what the STATE says? :dunno:

News to me ;)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Don't know how else to say it except that the woman at Evansville PD is totally ignorant of the law. No, you don't need to be born in the USA. No, you don't even even need to be a US citizen. You only need to be a resident of Indiana. My wife is from Canada. Born in Canada. She's a Canadian citizen but has permanent resident status which means she has gone through the immigration process and obtained a visa and a green card. She's not a US citizen yet. She moved here one year after we were married. She's only been here 2 1/2 years, she moved into our house in June of 2010. She has had her IN LTCH since June of 2011.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    They aren't ignorant. This was NOT a misunderstanding. This was them banking on an 18 year old girl being ignorant.

Unfortunately, what you point out appears much closer to reality than any ignorance on their part. They must have very deep pockets to continue along their anti-constitutional agenda. How many times are they willing to be sued? How much in terms of dollars do they need to lose in court before they decide to obey the law?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Again, I will chip in $10 to get Guy Relford to send them a letter for the OP.

Anyone else want to chip in? I don't know what he charges for such a service.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Just a thought. Call Vanetta Beckers office (State Senator) and calmly and clearly explain the situation and that EPD is making up it's own procedures for a state License.
    She's one of the few up there that actually earn their keep.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Just a thought. Call Vanetta Beckers office (State Senator) and calmly and clearly explain the situation and that EPD is making up it's own procedures for a state License.
    She's one of the few up there that actually earn their keep.

Not sure she can do much. A state senator has no authority over the EPD.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Just a little bit of a heads up, we have pulled the e-brake on getting her LTCH, between this trip down to Louisiana, and both of us trying to crunch in hours before we leave, we haven't had time to get back to the PD. My fight with EPD shall resume when we return from LA Monday. Thanks for all the support guys

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Just a little bit of a heads up, we have pulled the e-brake on getting her LTCH, between this trip down to Louisiana, and both of us trying to crunch in hours before we leave, we haven't had time to get back to the PD. My fight with EPD shall resume when we return from LA Monday. Thanks for all the support guys

Have you put in a call to the Chief?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not sure she can do much. A state senator has no authority over the EPD.

Not directly, but does have the connections to arrange investigation (by those whose budget she votes on) for corruption. As much as there is to be found, that would make them very nervous.

Top Bottom