Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    New classes/calendar dates at ISD

Here are some new dates added to ISD FREE classes/discussions

Indy 1500
    Come see Indiana Self defense at the Indy 1500. There will be special deals for the month of October.
    October 19th, 20th and 21st. Indiana State Fairgrounds. Welcome to the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show
    Intro to firearms

Have a spouse or family member afraid of firearms? Are you a new gun owner? Are you wanting to be a new gun owner? This class is for you. Intro to firearms is a back to basics about firearms, rights and laws. This class is designed for people who have never owned a firearm or their only experience is from the media or TV.
    Indiana Self Defense.

Class starts at 4PM roughly 1-2 hr depending on how lively our discussion is.

8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis IN 46219

Bring a chair, there are a few at the store.

October 27th
    Prepper Thanksgiving

Bring a dish using only your preps. Must be a stored, gathered, hunted item and how it was prepared. There are only so many ways you can fix rice and beans. Can you make biltong? Bring some. Can you dehydrate and make a stew/soup. Bring it. Don’t have a clue what to do or how to use you preps, come learn. Participation is requested but not required, even if it is making a pitcher of koolaid or hot chocolate.

November 1st at

Indiana Self Defense.

6 PM…ish.

8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis IN 46219

Prepping 001 Intro to prepping

New to prepping? Think prepping is one of “those” tin foil hat people? Come see the light. 20+ topics covered, along with tips, techniques, handouts, notes, web resources and great discussion and dialog. Meet some other like minded people and network. Spouse or significant other not on board? Maybe this will help. It is free and sell it as cheap entertainment for an afternoon.

Free class/discussion at

Indiana Self Defense.

Class starts at 4PM roughly 1-2 hr depending on how lively our discussion is.

8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis IN 46219

November 17th
    Kids and Prepping
    Are your kids ready to bug out? What do you pack for them? What do you tell them? What if something happens while you are at work? What is your plan? How to talk to them and not scare them? Do you kids know what to do in case of a fire? Do your kids know what to do if something happens to you? This is not a put fear in you type discussion. This is a cover you basis so you are prepared if something happens. Preparation is the best defense in an emergency situation.
    Free class/discussion at

Indiana Self Defense.

Class starts at 6PM roughly 1-2 hr depending on how lively our discussion is.

8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis IN 46219

December 6th

Essential Oils AND Medicinal Herbs
    If you missed out on the October date for Essential Oils, Mother Wolf Herbals aka BBK76858 will be offering the same presentation (with a few extras) and combining with medicinal herbs. Learn about essential oils and growing, harvesting, and using your own medicinal herbs. 2 for 1 deal and bonus it is a FREE class and discussion. Made possible by the generosity of Indiana Self Defense. Free hand outs, notes, resources, and as always active discussion.
    Class starts at 4PM roughly 2-3 hr depending on how lively our discussion is.

8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis IN 46219

December 8th

Other upcoming classes/discussions
    • Prepping with Kids
    • Medical/First aid
    • Gardening basics From apartment gardening to aquaponics
    • Growing medicinal herbs
    • Water purification and storage (repeat)
    • Fire (repeat)
    • BOB (Bug Out Bags) II follow up to the first class, bring your updates, new or revised bag
    Stay tuned for updates.

BBK76858

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Essential Oil class at ISD

Thanks to all that came out to the Essential Oil class at ISD on Saturday. I had fun teaching my first class and look forward to having many more. If you didn’t get a chance to come out we will be having a combined Essential Oil and Medicinal Herb class on December 8th at 4pm at ISD on east Washington. If you also have any questions you can send me a private message and I will do whatever I can to help or if there was something that wasn’t covered in the class that you would like to learn let me know that too.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Just wanted to check and see what types of food we were gonna have for the Preppers Thanksgiving. I was trying to figure out what I'm gonna bring. Someone from the other site was wondering if they could still come if they had no prepping food, but offered to bring drinks or something. Is there anything that I can pass along that people without a Prepper dish could bring. Just Checking.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I am bringing stevia sweetner for people to try. 0 calorie and I grew it in back yard. Is sweeter per tablespoon than sugar. Some say 100 times but not sure how they measure that.

I will be contributing shrimp etouffee. Now that I found out you can dehydrate shrimp is part of our storeage. At least 1/2 ingredients came from my garden. The rest from out LTS.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I am bringing stevia sweetner for people to try. 0 calorie and I grew it in back yard. Is sweeter per tablespoon than sugar. Some say 100 times but not sure how they measure that.

I will be contributing shrimp etouffee. Now that I found out you can dehydrate shrimp is part of our storeage. At least 1/2 ingredients came from my garden. The rest from out LTS.
    I grew some stevia as well, it is sweet, I made a tincture out of it, not sure how it turned out yet. Just curious, I'm assuming it will die this winter. Do you just replant in the spring or what was your plan with that. Thanks.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Stevia – the plants I have outside have died in the past over the winter. They have been in pots, and this year I put them in the medicinal herb garden. This year I have a greenhouse and are a few plants in there. I have aquaponics running in my greenhouse so hopefully this will keep the unit warm enough to let it run all year. I have had about 4-5 harvests of the 3 plants this year. Each harvest yields about a quart of sweet liquid. I use in tea, coffee but haven’t used for baking or other things.

Cooking on site will be a Walt call. Not sure. I will have crock pot, just need a plug. Will bring a power strip if anyone wants to use it too.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Stevia – the plants I have outside have died in the past over the winter. They have been in pots, and this year I put them in the medicinal herb garden. This year I have a greenhouse and are a few plants in there.

Glad to hear Stevia grows in Indiana. I buy the sweetleaf stevia packets in bulk for my own use. But would love to grow my own. Can I suggest adding Stevia to the December 8th "Essential Oils AND Medicinal Herbs" discussion?

I really enjoyed the 1st class, and have been experimenting with the sampler pack I got from 'Mother Wolf'. going to see if I can get out of work early for the one on the 8th.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I will have her add it to there. Mother Wolf aka BBK76858 here on the forum. There will be some info at the 1500 on the oils/herbs as well. I never thought of Stevia as a medicinal herb but more culinary, but if using to reduce sugar intake or to help with diabetes issues and sweets I could see the connection. In either case will have it added. Thanks for the suggestion

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Sorry I haven't been around much on here lately, been preparing for the Indy 1500. I am herre now se up right by the exit door. Hopefully a good location. To update - I have the mylar bags and O2 absorbers they will be at the store when our vaccuum sealer comes in this week, Water drums - I am waiting on confirmation and shipping date, and Ammo cans will be in by the middle of the week (already in transit). We are running a special on Katadyn and Berkey filters this month so stop by and order yours. Glock Gen4 currently starting at $549. The shop is open but stock is limited up there. Hope to see everybody soon.
    Walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Sorry I haven't been around much on here lately, been preparing for the Indy 1500. I am herre now se up right by the exit door. Hopefully a good location. To update - I have the mylar bags and O2 absorbers they will be at the store when our vaccuum sealer comes in this week, Water drums - I am waiting on confirmation and shipping date, and Ammo cans will be in by the middle of the week (already in transit). We are running a special on Katadyn and Berkey filters this month so stop by and order yours. Glock Gen4 currently starting at $549. The shop is open but stock is limited up there. Hope to see everybody soon.
    Walt

Walt I have a table at the gun show at Stout Field the weekend after Thanksgiving, I can't go do, you want it...cost me 45 bucks...we can trade something.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Stopped by the shop and got that green Alice IFAK kit. I love the old Alice gear.

I love my Alice packs... My medium has been all over the country and drug through many ah woods. No failures period. If I remember right it and the frame cost less then $50 many many years ago and my large cost about the same not long ago. The extra stuff for them like the I'd green canteen pouches are dirt cheap. For what some people spend the cheaper end of the high end patrol rucks I can buy and fill up a large Alice.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    On the alice pack:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po9HkK1APAI&feature=g-all-u[/ame]

I have 2 as my BOBs.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It is looking like I will be at the class on the 27th. Should be able to bring the wife and 3 year old if there is anyone wanting to bring theirs.
    If anyone wants to try out an Alice or see the size difference I can bring my large and medium, let me know.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have an Alice medium pack w/o the frame. Works great. I will probably pick up a frame at some point. I have a lot of Alice gear.

The frame makes a world of difference. Really easy to securely hang things like sleeping bags off the bottom of the frame and tied to the bottom of the pack.

Top Bottom