• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bought a flashlight today from walts son and pre ordered some ammo cans. Saw another ingo'r in their also.

Did you get one of the ones with the pummel built into the base?

I'm thinking of getting a new light. Let us know how yours is working out and what sort of things you use it for. thanks.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Did you get one of the ones with the pummel built into the base?

I'm thinking of getting a new light. Let us know how yours is working out and what sort of things you use it for. thanks.

Yes it has the skull crusher built in and is 150 lume. Walt put batteries in one for me to try out before I bought. Very well built, has multiple brightness setting and strobe along with a slow flash that can be locked in so as in right now when I turn it on it turns on in strobe mode.

In the shop it was not that bright but when I took it out at night it lit up a monster 100 plus year old oak tree like a grisswald Christmas tree.

It is like a Surfire light at a fraction of the cost. They are hanging on the wall behind the counter in blue boxes. He has a light that is a larger 200 lume and some smaller then mine.

I have pocket carried mine some and at 6 foot and around 240 pounds it is doable but awkward so I am getting a belt pouch for it but again it can be pocket carried just takes up a lot of room.

The stobe is very effective when shined directly in your eyes. The lift is mostly for my wife for when I am not around.

Highly recommended and worth every penny.

For uses it is for the wife when I am not home like said above and is an EDC light and used for any situation that it will come in handy.

I may get a smaller one for EDC at work... Not going to post what I do but I am outside and in rougher areas a lot (not a cop).

Want to take one of the flashlight defense classes, never knew how effective they could be till I shined the strobe in my eyes in a dark room.....

Last edited:

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Newsletter

Indiana Self Defense now has a monthly newsletter. Tips, calendar of events, stories, and info on a store membership discount program. Newsletter only available in the store, and available with any purchase.

Be sure to attend the October 4th meeting at 6PM on water. Water storage, purification, filtration, sources. Water barrels also on sale at cost.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Indiana Self Defense now has a monthly newsletter. Tips, calendar of events, stories, and info on a store membership discount program. Newsletter only available in the store, and available with any purchase.

Be sure to attend the October 4th meeting at 6PM on water. Water storage, purification, filtration, sources. Water barrels also on sale at cost.

Is the meeting at the store?
    Thanks

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012

I was up at the shop today. Kristeena could not be up theretoday. She was busy off having fun playing with Glocks all day. Now she is an OfficialLicensed Glock Armorer. That means if you have any work you need done or questions about your Glock just stop in and ask.
    Walt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Just wanted to remind everybody about the next meeting coming up October 4th. The main topic will be Water. We will be using various filtration methods including the Berkeys that just arived today. Thats right we're going to get the red food coloring out and put the Berkey to the test. We will use the Katadyn to remove dirt and setament from water. We will even do basic ph testing for chemical contamination.
    Also don't want to forget about your your Ammo Cans & Drums. We will have several different pumps as well as bulk head fittings to customize to your needs in stock on the day of pickup.
    Thanks and hope to see everybody on Thursday.
    Walt

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Just wanted to remind everybody about the next meeting coming up October 4th. The main topic will be Water. We will be using various filtration methods including the Berkeys that just arived today. Thats right we're going to get the red food coloring out and put the Berkey to the test. We will use the Katadyn to remove dirt and setament from water. We will even do basic ph testing for chemical contamination.
    Also don't want to forget about your your Ammo Cans & Drums. We will have several different pumps as well as bulk head fittings to customize to your needs in stock on the day of pickup.
    Thanks and hope to see everybody on Thursday.
    Walt
    Hey Walt, I'm at the firehouse on Thursday, Do you have an agenda for the next meeting and the date. I was gonna get it posted on the other site. Thanks, Al

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    November will be on the 1st. The main topic will be food. We will be having a "Preppers Thanksgiving" All food must be prep. Canned, freeze dryed, grown, dehydrated or hunted..... Some kind of food you prep. We will be discussing who is bringing what so you might let me know your plan. We're trying to avoid all beans and rice and show you can eat normal food. It will be interesting to see what we end up with.
    Walt

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Does anyone want to see what the 55 gal drums look like? I have one empty at the moment that I can bring in.

This is in reponse to the bulk buy for water barrels.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Essential Oils Class at ISD

Have you wanted to know about essential oils? What are they, how to use them, where to get them? Class on October 13th 4Pm at ISD will get you started. Class is free.

Some things I picked up from class (I got preview) peppermint Oil is good for nausea and PMS cramps (now I know minty smell is time to hang in garage).
    Lavender oil is anti-bacterial and can heal wounds faster, proven by daughter’s road rash from bike wreck. I was doubtful and showed one knee with oil and one without.

Purification Oil (blend) can remove orders from shoes and house. Proven after chili

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    November will be on the 1st. The main topic will be food. We will be having a "Preppers Thanksgiving" All food must be prep. Canned, freeze dryed, grown, dehydrated or hunted..... Some kind of food you prep. We will be discussing who is bringing what so you might let me know your plan. We're trying to avoid all beans and rice and show you can eat normal food. It will be interesting to see what we end up with.
    Walt

I will bring vegetable soup. Sorry I did not make it last night...was not feeling well.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Just wanted to remind everybody about the next meeting coming up October 4th. The main topic will be Water

Not sure if this the right place to rsvp. But I am interested in attending. Its a solid 2 hour drive for me to get there though. Will try to be there by 6pm. May be a bit late if I cannot get out of work a bit early tomorrow.

ClydeB

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Not sure if this the right place to rsvp. But I am interested in attending. Its a solid 2 hour drive for me to get there though. Will try to be there by 6pm. May be a bit late if I cannot get out of work a bit early tomorrow.

ClydeB

Come on up. Is come and leave as you please. You may miss a bit but fee free to ask what you missed from anyone at a break or after discussion.

This is a hot topic and will be back on later probably next year sometime.

Top Bottom