• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I appologize, usualy every customer is greeted when they come in. This is actualy the first time I've heard a comment like this, most complain that we are bothering them too much. We pride ourselves on service. I hope to see you back in. Our stock will continue to grow. You have to understand that I have built this shop out of my pocket and a couple credit cards because the banks won't give you a loan if you sell firearms, it was hard to just get a checking account. This has been a difficalt task since I am supporting my children and grandaughter on my single income,I am the only one with a job at my house. I'm proud of what I've done. I appreciate all the customers that support our business because that is the only way I can increase my inventory.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Update on the barrels and ammo cans. The barrels are 55gal FDA approved wqter storage drums.

ALL pre orders on barrels wiill be $20 if pre pay and $25 if paying when picking up. Regular price in store after this Pre order will be $29.95.

All pre orders on ammo cans will be $13 if pre pay and $15 if paying when picking up.

All pre orders will arrive on a set date for pickup. Let me know if you are interested as we will be ordering October 8th and I will announce the delivery date as soon as I know what it is.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I appologize, usualy every customer is greeted when they come in. This is actualy the first time I've heard a comment like this, most complain that we are bothering them too much. We pride ourselves on service. I hope to see you back in. Our stock will continue to grow. You have to understand that I have built this shop out of my pocket and a couple credit cards because the banks won't give you a loan if you sell firearms, it was hard to just get a checking account. This has been a difficalt task since I am supporting my children and grandaughter on my single income,I am the only one with a job at my house. I'm proud of what I've done. I appreciate all the customers that support our business because that is the only way I can increase my inventory.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Walt, no need to apologize. Just a simple observation from one small business owner to another. I have been through it all and feedback has always helped me tweak things. I really want to see you guys succeed! No need to worry, we will be back!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Update on the barrels and ammo cans. The barrels are 55gal FDA approved wqter storage drums.

ALL pre orders on barrels wiill be $20 if pre pay and $25 if paying when picking up. Regular price in store after this Pre order will be $29.95.

All pre orders on ammo cans will be $13 if pre pay and $15 if paying when picking up.

All pre orders will arrive on a set date for pickup. Let me know if you are interested as we will be ordering October 8th and I will announce the delivery date as soon as I know what it is.
    Thanks,
    Walt

This is a fair deal. I will be out to see you.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Walt, will you be at the shop next Friday or Saturday?

I will be in town for a few days. Could use a .50 cal can if those are what you are selling.

Last edited:

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    1st time I went I the store I was greeted and the owner (Now I know as Walt) was with another customer and seemed in a discussion so I walked around and looked at inventory. I came up to the counter during their conversation and waited my turn in line and overheard some of the conversation. I actually learned a bit and was asked what I thought. Which turned into a longer conversation. After the 1st gentleman left Walt introduced himself and took me around the store telling me about various products. I learned more. He indicated that he has personally used every product in the store. He couldn’t recommend buying something if he in fact hadn’t tried it out. This gave me more confidence in buying things I myself hadn’t ever tried. He was very willing to demonstrate various things in the store and I really appreciated the extra time and energy directed to me. Often you can’t get sales people from behind the counter, let alone the personal attention I got. It reminded me of Gallions (SP) back in the day. When I went in all the guys in the camping area could tell you about gear, and because they had used it the last weekend or on the last trip.
    I have since gone back, well several times and with the family. Walt took the time to help wife with her BOB, and just chatted about things we may want to consider adding, and recommendations. I appreciated again the extra time and recommendations. Never pushy for sales, and even recommended things that we could use not from the store. So now when I go in I know that the recommendation is what I can rely on not some guy looking for commission or just another sale.

While I have seen Walt in past times at least say hello and ask if he can help customers entering when is he already with an existing customer, it is truly quality time and worth a few more moments to get his time for your purchase. I haven’t regretted a single purchase to date, well other than I keep finding new things I want every time I go in for one purchase, end up with a want list twice as long. I am sure this goes for others working in the store however my half dozen times Walt has always been working.
    As far as inventory, Walt can order form a multitude of vendors. Keeping a ton of inventory on the shelves is expensive as I knew from my own shop days. Don’t see what you are particularly looking for? Ask and you may be pleasantly surprised. I didn’t know he could build me my 2nd AR until I asked (despite a sign on the front door).

For all you OC’er and CC’er’s. There is a sign stating no loaded weapons. I respect the sign because I like the store, don’t let that put you off. Is worth the visit.

Apologies for the book, but as one of the only “prepper” stores and the EXCELENT customer service that is so lacking in many of today’s businesses I TRULY want ISD to succeed.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    No. It is "Indiana Self Defense" and the owner posts in this thread regularly under that name.

Yep on Washington street closer to 465 behined olive garden in tr strip mall like mentioned above. Between pops and 465

I think te no loaded gun sign is probably just an insurance requirement. I have carried in a sponsored gun store in town with the same sign and they never said anything. I tend to go semi concealed and the gunstores never say anything..... Just my experiences.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010

Thanks,
    Walt

And you offer 10 for 100$ ? :D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Sorry, I cannot do 10 for $100. Pre pays are being sold at cost (+ the sales tax they make me collect). I'm trying to build stock and help others get what they need at the same time. In order to get a decent price I have to meet a high volume minimum, If a good amount are sold already I can get those and some to stock the store. All pre pay are no profit. Helping those that are helping me.
    Walt

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Indiana
    Self
    Defense

8017 E. Washington St. Indianapolis 46219 E Washington st, 317-534-0571

Basic fire starting
    Tuesday Sept,25,6p-9p

This is for everyone !
    You lack in knowledge come and learn !
    You have done it a thousand times come and share your experience with others !

The coffe will be like it always is, soso :)

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Indiana
    Self
    Defense
    6p-9p
    Oct,4,2012
    8017 E Washington st 317-534-0571, Behind the Arbys

Water purification,gathering,storage,filtering methods,transportation,testing

Last day to pre order barrels at cost !

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Prepping 001 Intro to prepping

Saturday September 29th

Intro to prepping class/discussion. Being a prepper isn't a bad thing. Come out and learn what prepping REALLY is. Not those people you see on TV. We will cover many general topics and general overview. Curious about how to get started? Just want to come see what it is all about? Being a prepper isn't a bad thing. Cover terms, and 20 other topics from BOB (what is a BOB?), to financial independence (how does that fit into prepping?). Already familiar with prepping? Send friends and family as an intro. This is FREE. Bring your own chair. Safe for all levels of questions and experience. Starts at 4PM.
    Located at
    Indiana
    Self
    Defense

8017 E. Washington St. Indianapolis 46219 E Washington st, 317-534-0571
    Behind the Arby’s.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members