• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Isn't this a concession on his Newtown Executive Orders... proving they don't/didn't work?

It's expected though. That's how "incremental" works. We didn't raise taxes enough. We didn't spend enough on stimulus. We didn't toughen gun laws enough. We need to do more.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Maybe we could stop plastering these cowards across the media every time one of these scumbags shoots up a school, take away their primary motivation factor (getting famous) and the shootings will more than likely be reduced greatly. Oh and as a side measure literally erase the memory of these cowards as well, burn their miserable corpses and scatter the ashes at the ends of the earth.

Even if the government succeeded in banning and taking away every single gun in the country (impossible but just for the sake of argument) there would still be psychos doing terrible things to targets such as schools (younger people are easier to target and less likely to fight back, plus it creates more public outrage and infamy for the psycho) in gun free countries such as China mass stabbings are fairly common and often yield the same results as shootings in the US do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_(2010–12) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

Then there are countries such as Britain and Australia for example once guns are banned and criminals have to resort to other methods (or they still have guns because they are criminals and don't care about the law) they will go after knives in much the same way Britain and Australia have. https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/australias-unfair-knife-laws,5860 British Police Order Citizens: ?Surrender Your Knives!?

Obviously the politicians are too stupid to realize you cant make everyone safe by making everything illegal so where will their insanity end, will politicians try to ban baseball bats next all in the name of "the children and public saftey". If only most people in the world could think for themselves.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Vox is talking confiscation today.

Imagine these hipsters coming to your door... "Excuse me sir, I'm here to take your guns."

CQk0N8oUEAAXEEH.jpg:large

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Vox is talking confiscation today.

Imagine these hipsters coming to your door... "Excuse me sir, I'm here to take your guns."

CQk0N8oUEAAXEEH.jpg:large

What is a "Vox"?

And confiscation? Have they figured out yet how they're going to take guns away from people - law-abiding, freedom-loving people?

Come and Take, Pajama Boy.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Maybe we could stop plastering these cowards across the media every time one of these scumbags shoots up a school, take away their primary motivation factor (getting famous) and the shootings will more than likely be reduced greatly. Oh and as a side measure literally erase the memory of these cowards as well, burn their miserable corpses and scatter the ashes at the ends of the earth.

This right here. Their names and faces are plastered on every form of media. They know they will get their fame and the whole world will know who they are. Don't release their name or put up their pictures.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Good luck with that. There's money to be made from tragedy. If one news outlet declines to publish the salacious details, there's always someone else willing to take their readers/viewers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If we assumed that the government can't do anything right and therefore shouldn't even try, there'd be a Soviet flag on the Moon right now.

I don't remember giving up freedom to go to the moon.
    I also seem to remember it just being technical issues.
    National registries are a psychological/socialogical issue.

So, we make gun control laws that don't work, we make more that don't work, repeat 1000 times and your solution is to try 1001 times?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The pos POTUS is writing new executive orders as we speak. What part of shall not infringe do these asshats understand!

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I don't remember giving up freedom to go to the moon.
    I also seem to remember it just being technical issues.
    National registries are a psychological/socialogical issue.

So, we make gun control laws that don't work, we make more that don't work, repeat 1000 times and your solution is to try 1001 times?

As long as we scrap the first 1000 attempts that didn't work, sure. Hypothesis, test, observe, adjust, repeat.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "But people like Chris Mercer keep falling through the cracks of our shattered, sorry excuse for a mental health care system. This is tragic and unnecessary, because outreach and screening systems could be put in place that would be neither prohibitively expensive, nor an impingement on anyone’s liberty."

I suppose this is one suggestion. It's preemptive in that it is more in lines with outreach. If by "screening systems" they're talking about the availability of clinics that do mental health screening, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. However I would still oppose laws that arbitrarily make people ineligible to exercise constitutional rights based on just the say of a health care professional.

What is it about our mental health care system that's broken? If I desired to get mental health care, could I not go get it? Is it unavailable? Or does "broken" mean the government's not paying for it? Or is it that there's no number I can call to have somebody involuntarily treated?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As long as we scrap the first 1000 attempts that didn't work, sure. Hypothesis, test, observe, adjust, repeat.

And how many of those attempts have been scrapped?
    The Brady bill was allowed to "sunset".
    How about 1934 NFA?
    Or 1968 GCA?

Someone in Indiana actually figured out registration didn't work and scrapped it.
    But that's indiana.
    Now people want to bring it back for the whole country.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

My rights and enjoying freedoms are not to be made the object of someone else's application of the scientific method to a mass populace.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we assumed that the government can't do anything right and therefore shouldn't even try, there'd be a Soviet flag on the Moon right now.

Before we ask whether the government can or can't do it right we should first ask if the constitution even permits the government to do it at all. Several other questions follow that one before asking if the government can or can't do it right. The proposed gun legislation can't even make it past the first question, so whether the government can or can't do it right is irrelevant.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

This quote is so illogical it boggles the mind.

The Soviet Union at the time (Kruschev/Kennedy eras) was the exact EXAMPLE of government bungling....
    There wouldn't be a US flag on the Moon, given your example - but I doubt that the Soviets would have gotten there either, errr.. comrade.

In the end, they could not even produce enough to feed their people. While we have had our issues - we have always done a damn sight better than that.

I'm not suggesting that the "gubbamint" would bungle a database of gun owners. I'm flat out saying that they would MISUSE it.

Hence the space race example isn't really valid.

As for Obama's suggestion that we voluntarily do the "common sense" thing - maybe I'll channel William Wallace:

When he gets out of Air Force One in Arizona - bends over and kisses his own arse - then starts with Brian Terry's parents and crawls all the way back to Washington apologizing to every parent of an American son or daughter killed by stupid gun free zone policies, and his Administration in particular on the way... only then will I consider it.

Barring that - the fight for freedom is on! And I don't see the need for us to give them any quarter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And a LOT of those people would refuse.
    Not all, but a lot.

Somebody with....

....guns.
    ....and badges (sadly). Just following the judge's orders, probably after a 5-4 SCOTUS decision -- (you know, because if the supreme court says it's constitutional, it just is).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, if we're going to experiment with rights... how about experimenting with..
    Quartering troops?
    Free speech?
    Self incrimination?
    Trial by jury?

Top Bottom