• ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Vox is talking confiscation today.

Imagine these hipsters coming to your door... "Excuse me sir, I'm here to take your guns."

CQk0N8oUEAAXEEH.jpg:large

They would not be the ones coming to your door. They don't have the guts for that. They'll send someone else to do it - like the police.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    (said in the same spirit of sarcasm, act) Yes and perhaps we could tattoo their identification number on a body part, say an arm, for those times when a reader isn't readily available

If you say it in a spirit of sarcasm but then color it purple, is the sarcasm negated? I couldn't find aN answer in the forum FAQ

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This right here. Their names and faces are plastered on every form of media. They know they will get their fame and the whole world will know who they are. Don't release their name or put up their pictures.

And Get.Rid.Of.Gun.Free.Zones. You'll notice you don't hear much about the failed wannabe jihadis at the Texas mohammed cartoon event, and they were stopped largely due to the presence of one armed individual in the right place at the right time with the right skills. We need to enable that circumstance
    to be much more likely. If more of these sick individuals are engaged and hopefully stopped permanently early in their rampage they will hopefully be less likely to choose the murder of innocents as their path to fame

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As long as we scrap the first 1000 attempts that didn't work, sure. Hypothesis, test, observe, adjust, repeat.

Would you apply a similar strategy to making a perpetual motion machine. I can guarantee you the first 1000 attempts will not work. At some point shouldn't you admit that the undertaking you are attempting cannot be made to work. What number of failures should be sufficient to prompt abandoning an endeavor? 1001? 1010?

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Would you apply a similar strategy to making a perpetual motion machine. I can guarantee you the first 1000 attempts will not work. At some point shouldn't you admit that the undertaking you are attempting cannot be made to work. What number of failures should be sufficient to prompt abandoning an endeavor? 1001? 1010?

We know why a perpetual motion machine won't work. We also know why most forms of gun control won't work, though that knowledge doesn't seem to be universally distributed. That doesn't mean that we know, with absolute certainty, that there's nothing that can be done to try to ameliorate the problem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are they? Not to be too cynical, but if new shootings keep coming, they keep getting viewers.
    Sure, they sell wall-to-wall hysteria and people are buying that. But they're also selling political ideology that people aren't really buying. MSN begs for hysteria so that someone actually watches them. They sure aren't watching much else on that network.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    We know why a perpetual motion machine won't work. We also know why most forms of gun control won't work, though that knowledge doesn't seem to be universally distributed. That doesn't mean that we know, with absolute certainty, that there's nothing that can be done to try to ameliorate the problem.

"Most forms" of gun control do not work... my arse.

"ALL forms" of gun control do not work. It is a PEOPLE problem - not a gun one.

What will ameliorate the problem is a) treat the mentally ill - don't throw them in the street b) allow citizens to defend themselves and quit tying their hands with stupid Gun Free Zones. The data's pretty clear. And while logic tends to make some folks head hurt, it shows the way to go in this case.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If Seattle wins the Ammo tax, that is the wave of future gun control. Stop reloading because powder can be used for nefarious activities, tax the factory loads.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Somebody with....

....guns.
    And this is what makes me wary of allowing a disconect between the populace and servicemen to develop (as may be the case with sigsauerosaurus?) - we must ensure that, if illegal confiscation orders are given, that the lions share of our servicemen and servicewomen will not obey such unconstitutional commands. To allow them to believe that gun control would somehow be 'for our own good' is a dangerous thing indeed. I'm pretty sure if a marine scout squad shows up at my door to confiscate my guns that eventually they will get them.

"When they kick at your front door
    How you gonna come?
    With your hands on your head
    Or on the trigger of your gun" - The Clash, Guns of Brixton

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you say it in a spirit of sarcasm but then color it purple, is the sarcasm negated? I couldn't find aN answer in the forum FAQ

Perhaps my post, enpurpled, would have been sufficient. However as I like and respect Acteon277 I wished to allow no room for him to mistake said post as a barb aimed at him. And enpurpled sarcasm is sarcasm squared

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

And we never will

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Perhaps my post, enpurpled, would have been sufficient. However as I like and respect Acteon277 I wished to allow no room for him to mistake said post as a barb aimed at him. And enpurpled sarcasm is sarcasm squared

By the powers of Grayskull. Squared? :faint:

:)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    (said in the same spirit of sarcasm, act) Yes and perhaps we could tattoo their identification number on a body part, say an arm, for those times when a reader isn't readily available

I'm glad your sarcasm meter is working.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the news is dominated by gun control discussion, what are we not talking about?

Obama and Clinton are happy, happy, happy...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've got a common sense gun law. And it doesn't get the antis' knickers in a twist because it doesnt call for arming teachers, etc.

My idea: Ban GFZs.

What do all mass shootings have in common? Somebody, either .gov or the property owner saying no guns. They want to eliminate a commonality that all of these events share, so do it this way.

And for the "private property rights" crowd... Put an exemption in it. " if you still choose to ban firearms carry by legal folks you are legally responsible for the protection of those in the zone. If a person who has a carry permit is killed by someone ignoring the rule you are liable financially to their heirs for up to [insert painful dollar value here] ON TOP OF any fees, tuition, etc. that the individual has paid the institution."

that's common sense gun legislation there. No arming of teachers, etc. just let them carry if they so choose. if these f-ers think somebody on campus can stop them, maybe they'll knock this sh** off.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've got a common sense gun law. And it doesn't get the antis' knickers in a twist because it doesnt call for arming teachers, etc.

What do all mass shootings have in common? Somebody, either .gov or the property owner saying no guns. They want to eliminate a commonality that all of these events share, so do it this way.

And for the "private property rights" crowd... Put an exemption in it. " if you still choose to ban firearms carry by legal folks you are legally responsible for the protection of those in the zone. If a person who has a carry permit is killed by someone ignoring the rule you are liable financially to their heirs for up to [insert painful dollar value here] ON TOP OF any fees, tuition, etc. that the individual has paid the institution."

that's common sense gun legislation there. No arming of teachers, etc. just let them carry if they so choose. if these f-ers think somebody on campus can stop them, maybe they'll knock this sh** off.
    This wasn't a gun free zone.

Umpqua Community College not a gun-free zone: Oregon laws prevent that | OregonLive.com

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

:yesway:

...Common sense would say that if we could eliminate these killing grounds we should. We need to get a common sense bill removing federally funded gun free zones to the floor of congress ASAP.

Top Bottom