• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    GFGT, I am stuck living vicariously through this thread also. Always wanted a bike, but never made it happen. The window is closing on me; my kids are still young, and I am not. Keep posting up pics, guys, and I'll sit in front of the fan with my arms up and making revving sounds with my mouth.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    DSC02288.jpg

Here you go I built mine 1971 motor...2014 cb750 four, never had a Harley would like one tho I just cant stop loving the older vintage honda cbs.. Nice looking Harley

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 49303

Here you go I built mine 1971 motor...2014 cb750 four, never had a Harley would like one tho I just cant stop loving the older vintage honda cbs.. Nice looking Harley

Reminiscent of my 1st Harley.
    Old style Springer when I 1st built it and a coffin tank.........
    I put an 8" over wide glide on it as the springer and the hard tail were not going to do well on my epic Easy Rider journey south.

Oh yeah.....Jockey shifted with a foot clutch.

Nice hard tail. Regardless of what engine you used it has the right stance.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Thanks good luck on your travel i know the older I get the more I hurt lol, I called her The Death Machine cause Kick only, back drum only with no front break....Had a suicide shifter but it came off it was way to dangerous lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks good luck on your travel i know the older I get the more I hurt lol, I called her The Death Machine cause Kick only, back drum only with no front break....Had a suicide shifter but it came off it was way to dangerous lol

Thanks but the bike/trip was in late 1970 into early 71.
    Rode out in the fall and home early spring. I was young and fairly dumb but if asked I knew it all.
    That trip seasoned me up a good bit.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Not sure if being sarcastic...... Assuming sarcasm.

Thanks. It's a 2014 Yamaha Raider SCL 1900cc. One of only 500 made that year. Mine is number 423.

Tuning Forks... Because Yamaha only makes precision instruments.

This does remind me though I really do need to get some real pics of my bike. I've been using stock photos.
    I twas being sarcastic.....really,that is a nice bike.l am not a all Harley all the time guy.I love scooters.I only have one.I have had it for near 30 years.I have had many bikes years back,but the old EVO never let me down.For the guys who are dreaming....there are some real deals out there on older metric machines.Every time I see 25 + year old bike,Honda,Kaw,Suz,Yami,Bmw,.....I have to check it out.
    There were some FINE machines built in the early 80s that can be had Cheap.1000 $ can put you on a 1000 cc machine that will give you the thrill.Don't wait for a H-D,any 2 wheels is COOL!!!!!!!!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just bought a 1978 CB750 with a 836 big bore kit.....and a queen/king seat for $200. It was parked in 1987 and has not moved since. I'll have to get my 250 Ninja up and running so I can sell it to fund the Honda. Can't wait.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I can get my lame a$$ moving,I need to install a new drive belt to make a 2k ride in a month.

You do know how much has to come off the left side to get the belt out.....:)

I got so tired of ripping the belts in two that I went to a chain. That allowed way more tire in the same area.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just bought a 1978 CB750 with a 836 big bore kit.....and a queen/king seat for $200. It was parked in 1987 and has not moved since. I'll have to get my 250 Ninja up and running so I can sell it to fund the Honda. Can't wait.

I had a few buddy's that ran 836 Honda's and they were fast. In their time...:)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    You do know how much has to come off the left side to get the belt out.....:)

I got so tired of ripping the belts in two that I went to a chain. That allowed way more tire in the same area.
    Yes it is a job.Done it 10 years back,and the funny thing ,both belts let loose dropping it in 1st gear in my yard.The first one had a hole dead center thru it for 10 years.The second one was a Gates and broke for no reason.I only run H-D parts anymore.Found a new windshield
    thru the Milwaukee plant and a NOS backrest,so the solo is done.Back to the trunk it goes. It is 100% stock minus a exact model year Screaming Eagle carb,and a mild Andrews cam.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes it is a job.Done it 10 years back,and the funny thing ,both belts let loose dropping it in 1st gear in my yard.The first one had a hole dead center thru it for 10 years.The second one was a Gates and broke for no reason.I only run H-D parts anymore.Found a new windshield
    thru the Milwaukee plant and a NOS backrest,so the solo is done.Back to the trunk it goes. It is 100% stock minus a exact model year Screaming Eagle carb,and a mild Andrews cam.

EV-2 or EV-3 camshaft. Either one will wake the EVO right up.
    The spouses 98 (brand new) Dyna Wide Glide was a real turd when we 1st picked it up. It was a Canada bike with a Kilometer speedo and a different front light lens.
    The paint was unique and the Pipes were so quite a riding lawn mower sounded better.

The pipe on her bike is a Hooker adjustable.
    Dyna-S adj. ignition (single fire) Module and coil.
    The carb kit brand name escapes me but it really helped.
    EV-3 cam and Rivera adj. push rods.
    Put better valve springs in it.
    It ran very respectably after the Mods.
    She rolled it with no issues.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    EV-2 or EV-3 camshaft. Either one will wake the EVO right up.
    The spouses 98 (brand new) Dyna Wide Glide was a real turd when we 1st picked it up. It was a Canada bike with a Kilometer speedo and a different front light lens.
    The paint was unique and the Pipes were so quite a riding lawn mower sounded better.

The pipe on her bike is a Hooker adjustable.
    Dyna-S adj. ignition (single fire) Module and coil.
    The carb kit brand name escapes me but it really helped.
    EV-3 cam and Rivera adj. push rods.
    Put better valve springs in it.
    It ran very respectably after the Mods.
    She rolled it with no issues.

I went with a EV-2, and those adj rods to keep from removing the heads.and I forgot,I did give it a Dyna 2000 some years back.The cam wants to run....that slow putt putt seems like you are holding it back . It does run better,but it is still a 800 lb.pig.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Que, I've got a 2001 Ultra and I test drove the new one last fall. I love mine and didn't expect much difference in the new ones.
    Boy was I wrong! I couldn't believe how much they've improved! Better handling/cornering (because of the lengthened frame), more power of course with the bigger engine.
    You'll be thrilled with the Ultra! And if by some chance you're not, you should have no problem selling it.

Top Bottom