• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I stand by my challenge. Go to your place of employment and ask them to change their logo, that represents them, that everyone sees to a new Nazi looking "innocent" one. NO one in their right mind would do this.

In case your were wondering...
    place of employment = Marines and USA
    logo= American Flag hung with "SS" flag

SS doest even come close to matching my company.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    Sure you can. Isn't the history of the "SS" symbol and the "fact" that it's association with the Nazi military was a negative one the cause for its negative influence in the first place. It's because of history that this symbol is viewed negatively.
    the history of the symbols goes back 100s of years before Hitler. That was why they chose certain things, because they were familiar. Twist the past, to shape the future. My point was, this thread has come off of the tracks.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    This article is a good representation of how some of the rest of the world feels. It also shows GM is on the ball.

German Camaros Get V8 But No “SS” Badging - LSXTV

"Now to us Americans, SS means simply “Super Sport” and it is a badge that GM has been applying to performance cars for decades. But in Germany, “SS” has a different, far less positive connotation – that of Hitler’s elite “Schutzstaffel.”

"The SS sowed such terror into the general populace that many companies, like GM, won’t even touch the “SS” abbreviation with a ten foot pole even after more than 60 years. In fact, the SS badge was removed from all European Chevy products, not just those sold in Germany, according to Hoss Hassani, the iconic products manager of Chevrolet Europe. He confirms that the SS moniker was dropped because of the history associated with it, at least in Europe."

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    So, do you think they should be able to kill innocent people in concentration camps to boost their moral too? How about raping young women? Cutting off body parts as souveneirs? :rolleyes:

I will glady stand behind our country and military but I absolutely refuse to be associated with anything like this. Those guys made a poor choice and they deserve every consequence that comes from it.

There are a bajillion different ways to represent the words scout sniper. "SS" in that form is what the Nazis used..period. It will not ever change.

I would never support the killing of innocent to boost moral. You are now bringing in illegal matters and comparing them to completey legal matters that have been over analyzed and completey taken out of context.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    OOO NOOO its SS!!!!! Run, scream in terror, how could they do that!!!

I don't have a problem with the Marines an their flag......I don't have a problem that the Military uses Tactics that Rommel made.....I don't have a problem with the US using Nazi development of rockets to create our own....get a picture yet.

As long as these Marines are killing our enemies they can wave what they want.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    It's okay...I'm sure you get my point eventhough you won't admit it ;)

The point I get is that you are one of the 10% who drag this country down. You take this and twist it around. Isnt it funny there was no discipline from the Marine Corps. They investigated and there was no malicous intent. Maybe you should try walking in there shoes. I see stuff everyday that offends me. But guess what life goes on, I dont have to make a big stink and whine about it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The point I get is that you are one of the 10% who drag this country down. You take this and twist it around. Isnt it funny there was no discipline from the Marine Corps. They investigated and there was no malicous intent. Maybe you should try walking in there shoes. I see stuff everyday that offends me. But guess what life goes on, I dont have to make a big stink and whine about it.

Challenge unaccepted I guess;)

Yep GM and I are the 10%...damn us.

Even KISS changed their logo when they realized it looked similar to the Nazi SS.

GM, KISS and I ruining this country lol

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I can't even find any uniform eppulates that the Wehrmacht or Waffen-SS wore that resemble the symbol. I could be wrong, but I just went through some German uniform supply for the WW2 time period, and found nothing close. Maybe I should check flags or unit colors?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    It is also very possible that this flag was just something that they had found in a building and then posed for a picture with it. The Afghans hate Jewish people. None of them know why, at least in Garmsir, but they hate them. I seen probably 5 Afghans with swastika's tattooed on them, so its a good chance it was just something they found. But I still think it was just a play on the flag to represent the elitism of Scout Snipers.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I wonder if everyone needs to get rid of thier German mausers that they may have? Or how about having any communist type weapon that may be posed with a Flag of the United States.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I can't even find any uniform eppulates that the Wehrmacht or Waffen-SS wore that resemble the symbol. I could be wrong, but I just went through some German uniform supply for the WW2 time period, and found nothing close. Maybe I should check flags or unit colors?

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

cotero82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    It is also very possible that this flag was just something that they had found in a building and then posed for a picture with it. The Afghans hate Jewish people. None of them know why, at least in Garmsir, but they hate them. I seen probably 5 Afghans with swastika's tattooed on them, so its a good chance it was just something they found. But I still think it was just a play on the flag to represent the elitism of Scout Snipers.

Why hate the Jews?Is it a Muslim thing or some other reason?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    "Now to us Americans, SS means simply “Super Sport” and it is a badge that GM has been applying to performance cars for decades. But in Germany, “SS” has a different, far less positive connotation – that of Hitler’s elite “Schutzstaffel.”

My dad had an Impala Super Sport back in the '60's with "SS" on all the hubcaps, and he knew what the German SS was, he had fought them from Omaha Beach through the Ardennes Counteroffensive. It wasn't that long after the war, people just knew the difference.

Top Bottom