• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Why hate the Jews?Is it a Muslim thing or some other reason?

Something about them thinking the Holy Land should belong to them. They still cant seem to understand that countries have borders and thats the way its gonna be. Even our interpreter said he if he had a way to get to Isreal he would go as a suicide bomber and take out as many jews as possible. When I asked him why, he said he didnt know why, just that he hates them. Theyre living in a whole other time over there and they aint ever gonna change, no matter how much money we through at them.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Since jd4320t is an expert on the Marine Corps(even though he has never been in the military)and an expert on symbols and symbolism, I propose he set-up shop outside of Camp Pendleton and offer classes to all of the Marines stationed there on how they should conduct themselves and what unit flags are appropriate for them to use. I'm sure the guys from 1st Recon would be especially appreciative of his knowledge and insight.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Challenge unaccepted I guess;)

Yep GM and I are the 10%...damn us.

Even KISS changed their logo when they realized it looked similar to the Nazi SS.

GM, KISS and I ruining this country lol

I didn't see any purple so I'll tend to agree with your comment. Few notes here: GM made the change for Europe, those Marines aren't in Europe. KISS? Who cares? They probably made their change a week before a tour that would land them in Germany. I may have changed it to if I was headed to Germany, which by the way, must still be full of Nazi's since anything Nazi related will never be forgotten or change ever. Lastly, I would't be acting so (*) about what the troops are doing. You've already disrespected every service member and Vet on this board by implying that these Marines "step into the REAL WORLD". Really, someone who has never served is going to tell service members in combat to come to the "real world". You are sounding like the 10%, by acting so bigoted. It's not that big of a deal and your helping blow it up. The 10% that drag us down are the ones that get their panties in a bunch when they see something they don't like and make a big stink over it.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Challenge unaccepted I guess;)

Yep GM and I are the 10%...damn us.

Even KISS changed their logo when they realized it looked similar to the Nazi SS.

GM, KISS and I ruining this country lol

:D
    picture.php

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My dad had an Impala Super Sport back in the '60's with "SS" on all the hubcaps, and he knew what the German SS was, he had fought them from Omaha Beach through the Ardennes Counteroffensive. It wasn't that long after the war, people just knew the difference.

The article I posted was about Germany. I used it as a way to help others see how other parts of the world see us.

Since jd4320t is an expert on the Marine Corps(even though he has never been in the military)and an expert on symbols and symbolism, I propose he set-up shop outside of Camp Pendleton and offer classes to all of the Marines stationed there on how they should conduct themselves and what unit flags are appropriate for them to use. I'm sure the guys from 1st Recon would be especially appreciative of his knowledge and insight.

Yes, cause that's exactly what I'm trying to say. Someone mentioned context a little earlier...maybe you can apply that post to yourself too ;)

I didn't see any purple so I'll tend to agree with your comment. Few notes here: GM made the change for Europe, those Marines aren't in Europe. KISS? Who cares? They probably made their change a week before a tour that would land them in Germany. I may have changed it to if I was headed to Germany, which by the way, must still be full of Nazi's since anything Nazi related will never be forgotten or change ever. Lastly, I would't be acting so (*) about what the troops are doing. You've already disrespected every service member and Vet on this board by implying that these Marines "step into the REAL WORLD". Really, someone who has never served is going to tell service members in combat to come to the "real world". You are sounding like the 10%, by acting so bigoted. It's not that big of a deal and your helping blow it up. The 10% that drag us down are the ones that get their panties in a bunch when they see something they don't like and make a big stink over it.

I meant my real world. Just like I hear all the time how we (regular people) don't know what they (soldiers) go through. I've never implied I know what they go through while fighting for our country. I don't care if I blow up the fact that using the Nazi SS logo is poor taste.

Do you represent yourself with a Nazi looking logo?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I dont get it

While my opinion on the flag use is that it isn't exactly a "punishable" offense beyond someone getting the back of their head slapped "Gibbs style"...

Your original statement I quoted is nearly identical to the one used, and commonly mocked here on INGO, by some Leo's (or their entourage) supporting what some of us view to be excessive actions by law enforcement.

It is, IMO, a foolish statement to use as justification for anything.

Better are the arguments regarding the changing symbolism as well as the intentions of the people posing with the flag as justification then something that opens the door to any and all evils in the name of "just getting home at night".

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    If the insignia is not German inspired, why are they calling themselves Kopfjager?

This was the question that popped into my head. Though to be fair the flag itself didn't make the reference, the t-shirt design the OP posted trying to show the SS being used for "scout sniper" did.... which imo was probably not the best example to support his argument.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Ask a man to go out and kill for his country and then act all high and mighty when he chooses a standard used by murderers.

I'm not calling war murder. I am not calling Marines murderers. I am saying that its damn hypocritical to ask men to become killers and then get all offended when they emphasize that they are killers.

It's like the urinating on the corpse thing... It's ok to bomb a guy's mud hut and shoot him when he comes running out of it, but oh no, don't pee on him after he's dead.

Are these guys warriors or diplomats?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    While my opinion on the flag use is that it isn't exactly a "punishable" offense beyond someone getting the back of their head slapped "Gibbs style"...

Your original statement I quoted is nearly identical to the one used, and commonly mocked here on INGO, by some Leo's (or their entourage) supporting what some of us view to be excessive actions by law enforcement.

It is, IMO, a foolish statement to use as justification for anything.

Better are the arguments regarding the changing symbolism as well as the intentions of the people posing with the flag as justification then something that opens the door to any and all evils in the name of "just getting home at night".

I was simply saying that if that having that flag is what helps keep their motivation high then they should be able to do so.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I got pretty burned up over the whole urination thing. This doesn't even make it on my radar.

It's stylized letters for scout sniper. Big deal.

What next? Do we outlaw lightning bolts because of the Blitzkrieg?

Dumb. I actually didn't even know the historical signifigance until today.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Ask a man to go out and kill for his country and then act all high and mighty when he chooses a standard used by murderers.

I'm not calling war murder. I am not calling Marines murderers. I am saying that its damn hypocritical to ask men to become killers and then get all offended when they emphasize that they are killers.

It's like the urinating on the corpse thing... It's ok to bomb a guy's mud hut and shoot him when he comes running out of it, but oh no, don't pee on him after he's dead.

Are these guys warriors or diplomats?

This exactly the kind of mentality I like.

From day 1 at boot camp we are taught to be killers of the enemy. We cant wait for that day when finally get to do so. When that time does come its a great honor in the Corps to have killed an enemy and those that get that chance are looked highly upon.

Its the way of the Marine Corps, if you dont like it then go live in and support a counrty that doesnt believe in killing the enemy.

Top Bottom