Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Only highly trained Libprogocrat journalists should be allowed to put a spin on their allies peaceful demonstration.
    Oh, don't worry Tom, the conservatives are putting their own spin on it, too.

The phrase "elderly man" carries a certain connotation that I don't think fits here. In fact, that elderly man seem more than fit enough to beat my ass in a fight.

The Tennessee Star shows the man with a face covered in blood walking away. Without any other context, one would assume this guy was just out for a walk and got the **** beat out of him for no reason.

However, in this article you can clearly see the same man in a heated argument with Antifa. A member of the Proud Boys? I don't know, but certainly not an innocent bystander.

To me, it seems like there's a serious turf war in PDX and the police are powerless to stop it.

EDIT: After wasting too much time looking into in, there's a whole lot of dumb-****ery all around. The "elderly man" was there to support the "Him Too" rally. As one can guess, Antifa outnumbers the right and is set on violence. Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer and others are open and welcoming to the violence and people get hurt.

What is it about PDX that this culture of violence is deemed acceptable (un)civil discourse?

At a certain point, you gotta wonder if the Oregon National Guard is going to have to step in.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer and others are open and welcoming to the violence and people get hurt.

Wait! What?

If I was want to have a rally and invite people to come out and peaceably support, Prayer, "civil"discourse, pro life or whatever I certainly would not be open to or welcome violence.

Would violence ensue? In this day and age, possibly. So I will be cowed into not having my rally by violent terrorists with the consent of the local government.

And you have the audacity to imply it is my fault.

I am sorry, Sir, but I most vehemently disagree.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait! What?

If I was want to have a rally and invite people to come out and peaceably support, Prayer, "civil"discourse, pro life or whatever I certainly would not be open to or welcome violence.

Would violence ensue? In this day and age, possibly. So I will be cowed into not having my rally by violent terrorists with the consent of the local government.

And you have the audacity to imply it is my fault.

I am sorry, Sir, but I most vehemently disagree.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... crossed wires there, Tom...

OK, You, me, good Hoosier folks, yeah, we have rallies with no expectation of violence. We would be there praying peaceably.

We are not members of PDX's Patriot Prayer, which isn't exactly what you think it is. [edit] These guys exist primarily as anti-Antifa; they often hold rallies to provoke Antifa and be in close proximity to Antifa's own rallies. Any semblance of Christianity is a thin veneer. Still, I'd much rather be on their side than Antifa, but I'd much rather stay far away from that fracas.

PDX is different world with different people.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not what PDX is.

A couple of teen ladies were verbally berated and possibly doxxed by an elected official for being Pro life.

Someone mentioned .308 earlier and whereas I am totally opposed to looking for a fight, there comes a time when standing up to bullies is necessary.

It is ridiculous to imply that anything these terrorists do is in any way justified.

If some idiot is yelling vile stuff at my wife and daughters I am not justified in using any level of force against him/her.

Antifa is not justified in battering anyone no matter who they are or what they preach.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Twitter full of the usual crowd saying sometimes violence is necessary.... how historically it was used for good... etc etc.

The rationalization of it is, ironically, mirroring Hitler's Brownshirts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not what PDX is.
    Airport code for Portland, OR.

It is ridiculous to imply that anything these terrorists do is in any way justified.

If some idiot is yelling vile stuff at my wife and daughters I am not justified in using any level of force against him/her.

Antifa is not justified in battering anyone no matter who they are or what they preach.
    I never have, and never will even hint at any justification of Antifa.

A couple of teen ladies were verbally berated and possibly doxxed by an elected official for being Pro life.
    True, but that's a totally different scenario to what's going on in PDX.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Airport code for Portland, OR.

I never have, and never will even hint at any justification of Antifa.

True, but that's a totally different scenario to what's going on in PDX.

Thanks for clarifying PDX. At a cursory glance I was thinking of a carrier like FedEx that ships police.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Thanks for clarifying PDX. At a cursory glance I was thinking of a carrier like FedEx that ships police.

Now I've done it. I reminded myself of the Police Academy movies. I can just hear the phone call in my mind..."Hello. This is Commandant Lassard. I need to have 20 officers shipped to the Fifteenth Precinct."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]
    Someone mentioned .308 earlier and whereas I am totally opposed to looking for a fight, there comes a time when standing up to bullies is necessary. [snip]

I would submit that it would be much more apropos to shoot commies with 7.62 x 39, if for no other reason than irony

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Twitter full of the usual crowd saying sometimes violence is necessary.... how historically it was used for good... etc etc.

The rationalization of it is, ironically, mirroring Hitler's Brownshirts.

And "violence is necessary" when "they" are doing it.
    But when the violence is done to them, they will scream bloody murder.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is 2019. At this point, anyone who voluntarily goes to watch Proud Boys v. Antifa should understand that there is a greater-than-normal risk of getting hurt.

Citizen journalist, volunteer militia, curious George, whatever. Most probably in those groups probably don't deserve getting hurt, and anyone who hurts an innocent person should be punished. But, that doesn't change what the expectation should be.

Unlike visiting one's own nation's consulate.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It seems that it is not the right of the KKK, Proud Boys, Men Too, or patriot prayer to have a rally.

My copy of the constitution must be incomplete.

The liberal used to say "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it."

voltaire-writer-i-do-not-agree-with-what-you-have-to-say-but-ill.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It seems that it is not the right of the KKK, Proud Boys, Men Too, or patriot prayer to have a rally.

Sure they have the right. Portland even lets them rally.

Antifa have the same right.

Neither side has the right to be violent.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is 2019. At this point, anyone who voluntarily goes to watch Proud Boys v. Antifa should understand that there is a greater-than-normal risk of getting hurt.

Citizen journalist, volunteer militia, curious George, whatever. Most probably in those groups probably don't deserve getting hurt, and anyone who hurts an innocent person should be punished. But, that doesn't change what the expectation should be.

Unlike visiting one's own nation's consulate.
    Assumption of Risk- you get what what you have coming to you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sure they have the right. Portland even lets them rally.

Antifa have the same right.

Neither side has the right to be violent.

Well if you're looking to foment violence and headlines....retweets and go viral, you have to plan to encounter each other.

Just rallying to say what you believe and letting your reasoned arguments persuade people to your side?

giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom