Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    President Trump won the election because he spoke to a large group of people in this country who felt left behind, many of whom would have been traditional democrat voters. He'll get elected again unless the DNC can figure out howto plug that hole, because as long those people perceive him as being in their corner, they'll be out voting for him, bringing in states like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

There are more factors than just one. But that he got that close had a lot to do with that factor. Didn't hurt that 12% of Bernie Bros voted for Trump. Or that Hillary didn't campaign in the swing states which he won. Will he win again? He could. Midterms went a bit worse for Republicans than was estimable from historical elections. Not sure I'd go so far as to call it a blue wave, but it seems clear that a large voting block came out to voice their displeasure with Trump. I think we have to see who runs against Trump to know if the same people who voted the first time will vote for him again. I think the group you're talking about who Trump spoke to is maybe 1/3 of the electorate. So Trump needed some help from other places to win.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Considering that the Nigerian brothers were his suppliers for “street drugs” should be easy to verify. I assume if you have a drug problem you are not guilty?
    I wonder how much cash this “Smollet” has on hand since he just got let go from his gig his lawyers will burn though a couple of hundred thousand in a hurry.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Considering that the Nigerian brothers were his suppliers for “street drugs” should be easy to verify. I assume if you have a drug problem you are not guilty?
    I wonder how much cash this “Smollet” has on hand since he just got let go from his gig his lawyers will burn though a couple of hundred thousand in a hurry.

That's like the old saying "It's OK, he only hits his wife when he's been drinking."

Oh he's guilty of whatever he did.
    I've drank and I've done drugs. And I mean a lot of drugs and a whole lot of drinking but I'm also a nice guy and have great moral values and I've always treated others with respect. It's not the drugs or alcohol that "make" people bad, it's bad that are just bad people.

People don't change.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's like the old saying "It's OK, he only hits his wife when he's been drinking."

Oh he's guilty of whatever he did.
    I've drank and I've done drugs. And I mean a lot of drugs and a whole lot of drinking but I'm also a nice guy and have great moral values and I've always treated others with respect. It's not the drugs or alcohol that "make" people bad, it's bad that are just bad people.

People don't change.
    If you're willing to try and provide police with false information claiming to be your brother in a DWI incident years ago then that says alot about your moral compass when you don't even have respect for your own family member.

It's not a great leap to believe that same moral flaw would surface again in this latest incident and the kicker is that his attorney has the unmitigated nerve to describe one of his clients attributes as having "impeccable character"

I call bull**** all day long on that.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Of course Jussie has impeccable character! He hates Trump, doesn't he?
    That is all that is required for impeccable character among progressives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t remember people getting as crazy as they are 10-15 years and more ago but we didn’t all have phones then either
    Things started showing signs of pockets of craziness maybe around 2010. But 2014 was probably when it started to hit mainstream. Gamergate was probably the event that ushered in the transition. Social media on our phones might have contributed most.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Things started showing signs of pockets of craziness maybe around 2010. But 2014 was probably when it started to hit mainstream. Gamergate was probably the event that ushered in the transition. Social media on our phones might have contributed most.

Agreed. When the idiots and feeble minded could share their moronic ideas at light speed, we started heading down the crapper as a society.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you're willing to try and provide police with false information claiming to be your brother in a DWI incident years ago then that says alot about your moral compass when you don't even have respect for your own family member.

It's not a great leap to believe that same moral flaw would surface again in this latest incident and the kicker is that his attorney has the unmitigated nerve to describe one of his clients attributes as having "impeccable character"

I call bull**** all day long on that.

Just sayin', Maybe other interactions of his, in school, with the police and in his career should be scrutinized to see what other hoaxes he got away with to promote himself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess times are tough when a black, homosexual, drug addict cannot gain victim status....

Actually that does not appear to be the motive at all. From my understanding Smollett was unhappy with his salary, and tried to exploit the "boxes he checks," for personal gain.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So Jussie has been written out of the last two shows of the season.
    I guess Trump destroyed his career the same way he destroyed Kathy Griffin's career.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom