• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So there I was, thinking it was a good job by law enforcement to figure out that Jussie wasn't being truthful about the things he said happened. Even going on tv and telling people earnestly his view of what happened. Even here, it seems like people were happy that he was getting busted.

Then something occurred to me.

The police were presented with credible evidence of a crime - complaining witness, physical injuries, objective evidence that supported the victim's story. But then, in pursuing the investigation, they found evidence of a DIFFERENT crime. Maybe a couple different ones.

In another thread, that seems like a problem. That if an investigation is launched for one thing, then it can't really look at other things.

It'd be a shame for Jussie to escape punishment because there was some sort of extension of the investigation.

(Another irony is that the criminal justice system - even in Chicago - appears to have been immune to MSM influence. Shocking.)

If I interpret the indicated overgeneralization correctly, you actually think the DoJ was presented with credible evidence (dossier) or perhaps the FISA court was? Good to know, but stretching that far to make an analogy could really be hazardous to your ligaments and connective tissue

Kind of like saying the Obama IRS going after TEA party groups was like using the tax code to jail Al Capone

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe, but the subsequent ones appear legitimate. ;)

Special counsel Rob Screwller has been appointed to investigate T.Lex for cannibalism.

This is based on a dossier paid for by opposing council. The dossier contains information that T.Lex eats human infants.

During the course of the investigation into the cannibalism it was discovered that Mrs. TLex lied to the FBI investigators assigned to the case.

During the questioning about T.Lex’s eating habits Mrs. TLex was stated as saying:
    “He would never eat babies, TLex is a gentle man, we don’t even watch R rated movies in this household.”

Surveillance initiated as a result of the dossier showed that in fact that was not true.
    During a search of Mr and Mrs TLex’s credit card purchases during the time in question it was learned that they purchased the extended version of “The Hobbit” trilogy by Peter Jackson on BlueRay. While “An Unexpected Journey” and “The Desolation of Smaug” were PG-13 “The Battle of Five Armies” was in fact rated R.

Mrs. TLex was arrested for making false statements to the FBI and was sentenced to 14 days in prison.

The 3 year Rob Screwller investigation costing $24 million into TLex’s cannibalism found TLex did not eat any babies and the investigation was closed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The report could be titled "A Modest Investigation." ;)

This is based on a dossier paid for by opposing council.

The apparently common deceit on INGO is that the start of Mueller investigation somehow relied solely on that stupid dossier. It most certainly did not.

There was proof of an influence campaign by Russia in the election that resulted in Trump's presidency. Is there any doubt about that influence campaign?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That script seems familiar, somehow :)

What is really entertaining is how every little thing Trump does that's unorthodox (no religious critique express or implied, foszoe) is the first slip down the totalitarian slope, but a for realz attempt to undermine the will of the people and unseat a duly elected president somehow isn't a fall 30 or 40 feet down the same slope stopped only by a bone-jarring impact on a tiny rock ledge that still could break away

I wonder if, when the real totalitarians come for them, the usual suspects will still be cooing how at least it was done with the appearance of legality and due process

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The report could be titled "A Modest Investigation." ;)

The apparently common deceit on INGO is that the start of Mueller investigation somehow relied solely on that stupid dossier. It most certainly did not.

There was proof of an influence campaign by Russia in the election that resulted in Trump's presidency. Is there any doubt about that influence campaign?

Is that a crime? I see an awful lot of money pouring in to "foundations" from various foreign sources for various candidates. Is Russia not allowed to post anything on social media? What is an "influence campaign?" And why is that "influence campaign" the reason for Trump's election?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So there I was, thinking it was a good job by law enforcement to figure out that Jussie wasn't being truthful about the things he said happened. Even going on tv and telling people earnestly his view of what happened. Even here, it seems like people were happy that he was getting busted.

Then something occurred to me.

The police were presented with credible evidence of a crime - complaining witness, physical injuries, objective evidence that supported the victim's story. But then, in pursuing the investigation, they found evidence of a DIFFERENT crime. Maybe a couple different ones.

In another thread, that seems like a problem. That if an investigation is launched for one thing, then it can't really look at other things.

It'd be a shame for Jussie to escape punishment because there was some sort of extension of the investigation.

(Another irony is that the criminal justice system - even in Chicago - appears to have been immune to MSM influence. Shocking.)

I would ***** just as much, if Jussie had been telling the truth about the attack, but was caught in a process crime of lying in the investigation (about a parking ticket a month ago).

That would be an apples to apples comparison.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is that a crime?

It can be, yes. :) That's why there are investigations.

I see an awful lot of money pouring in to "foundations" from various foreign sources for various candidates.

Domestic money in PACs are one thing. Foreign money to domestic charities are different.

If you're referencing the Clinton Foundation, then I will join you in condemnation of the practices of the Clintons. Absolutely deserves investigation. Frequently.

Is Russia not allowed to post anything on social media? What is an "influence campaign?"

The specifics of the campaign rules are tricky, but my understanding is that if Russia wants to overtly use its social media accounts to say stuff, then no problem. It is hiding behind thousands of fake users and/or hacking platforms that's the problem.

And why is that "influence campaign" the reason for Trump's election?

I don't think anyone from the investigation is saying that. I don't believe that to be true. (I think Trump's election is due to plain old fashioned liars and politics.)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Of the nearly 62,000,000 popular votes Donald Trump got, about 60 million of them would’ve been cast for Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck rather than Hillary Clinton. That’s what got Trump elected, not some silly “influence campaign” by the Russians.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Of the nearly 62,000,000 popular votes Donald Trump got, about 60 million of them would’ve been cast for Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck rather than Hillary Clinton. That’s what got Trump elected, not some silly “influence campaign” by the Russians.

I don't disagree.

That doesn't remove the suspicion - or literal proof - that Russia did engage in a concerted effort to influence our election. That's a problem. I don't care who got elected.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Special counsel Rob Screwller has been appointed to investigate T.Lex for cannibalism.

This is based on a dossier paid for by opposing council. The dossier contains information that T.Lex eats human infants.

During the course of the investigation into the cannibalism it was discovered that Mrs. TLex lied to the FBI investigators assigned to the case.

During the questioning about T.Lex’s eating habits Mrs. TLex was stated as saying:
    “He would never eat babies, TLex is a gentle man, we don’t even watch R rated movies in this household.”

Surveillance initiated as a result of the dossier showed that in fact that was not true.
    During a search of Mr and Mrs TLex’s credit card purchases during the time in question it was learned that they purchased the extended version of “The Hobbit” trilogy by Peter Jackson on BlueRay. While “An Unexpected Journey” and “The Desolation of Smaug” were PG-13 “The Battle of Five Armies” was in fact rated R.

Mrs. TLex was arrested for making false statements to the FBI and was sentenced to 14 days in prison.

The 3 year Rob Screwller investigation costing $24 million into TLex’s cannibalism found TLex did not eat any babies and the investigation was closed.

S, Libby, M. Stewart and others have all been sent to prison in this exact manner.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to printcraft again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't disagree.

That doesn't remove the suspicion - or literal proof - that Russia did engage in a concerted effort to influence our election. That's a problem. I don't care who got elected.
    That's where I'm at - I don't necessarily see it as a black eye on Trump... but it did happen, and I'd like to know how wide spread it was, and what can be done to prevent it in the future.

If the KKK is running a clandestine operation to get Kamala elected (weirdest thing I could think of), I'm not going to blame her for that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Good speech by the Chicago PD Superintendent

[video=youtube;XH16iqEBhEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH16iqEBhEQ[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I digress.

On INGO there are certain members that have said repeatedly, that they are not never Trumpers or against Mr. Trump, but, they reserve the right to praise him when he does good or point out when he does bad.

If you were to keep count it would be evident that whereas they may have posted something good about him (I could not direct you to those posts) they have innumerable derogatory posts.

in·nu·mer·a·ble

/iˈn(y)o͞om(ə)rəb(ə)l/
    adjective

• too many to be counted (often used hyperbolically).

There may be the slightest bit of hyperbole. If someone can count them and correct me, please do.

I am nearly convinced as a noob to this site that I should not vote for his reelection. Any Democrat would be better than him.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I digress.

On INGO there are certain members that have said repeatedly, that they are not never Trumpers or against Mr. Trump, but, they reserve the right to praise him when he does good or point out when he does bad.

If you were to keep count it would be evident that whereas they may have posted something good about him (I could not direct you to those posts) they have innumerable derogatory posts.

There may be the slightest bit of hyperbole. If someone can count them and correct me, please do.

I am nearly convinced as a noob to this site that I should not vote for his reelection. Any Democrat would be better than him.

Recency & confirmation bias. ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Zowie. The Chicago PD chief's statements about Smollett don't really pull any punches. From what I can tell, his department is in shambles, but he got a lot right in that news conference.

Also, turns out dude is 36 years old! I had no idea. Totally figured he was a 20-something.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I digress.

Self-Sabotage
    What Is Self-Sabotage?

Behavior is said to be self-sabotaging when it creates problems in our life and interferes with long-standing goals. These acts may seem helpful in the moment, but they ultimately undermine us, especially when we engage in them repeatedly.

People aren't always aware of their own self-sabotage, or the damage it is causing, because the effects of their behavior may not show up for some time. Unfortunately, connecting a behavior to self-defeating consequences is no guarantee that a person will disengage from the behavior.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a thing among conservatives since the Goldwater nomination

I've always felt, for instance, that the Libertarian obsession with ideological purity is self-sabatoging behavior. If no one is ever pure enough, then they don't have to accept defeat as a rejection of their ideas - only as a bad choice of
    standard-bearer. The recent focus on how communism's spectacular failures are merely a result of shoddy implementation rather than any deficiencies in the actual concept seem cut from the same cloth

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Isn't there a Mueller invistigation thread that might be more appropriate for this side conversation. Seems wer're getting a little side tracked away from political violence either real or fake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom