Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really dislike *******s!
    Suicide? Someone hanging an ******* is Suicide? :dunno:

Hey, I love gay people. Who do you think tells me the best gay jokes.

I had to go back and re-read this before I caught it.

... OK... So you were hoping someone else would actually hang him? The black man? Because he lied?

I take back the suicide question, then, because I simply assumed a hanging would be a suicide. Because it usually is.

But no, you were implying murder by hanging. And that there is "still hope"[SUP]1[/SUP] that it could happen.

Alright.

People say weird things on the internet.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There really is an interesting contrast here when you compare the two:

Roseanne - Told a blue joke, used very poor judgement. Apologized.

Result - TV show cancelled, shamed into oblivion.

Smollett - Committed felony, highly-racist actions, potential harm to innocents, high cost of resources. Sticking to his story, denying.

Result - TBD... but so far just a couple fewer episodes of his show.

It'll look pretty hypocritical if he ends up skating on this.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looks like they already amended it to pretty much gut it.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ips-bill-all-specific-protections/2915914002/

Our wonderful Governor is already whining

If specific characteristics are included, you can pick and choose who will get special treatment because of this law.
    If you just say "bias," people who are attacked for wearing MAGA hats could benefit. People might be treated the same, regardless of race, nationality, or sexual identity.
    Leftists have no use for a law that treats everyone the same.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    DzlpbTYUcAAMMqw.jpg

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

Obviously, because the media wanted the MAGA hat wearer to be threatened and attacked. If he had been killed, it would have been blamed on Trump.

After all, all media people know that stomping on the flag is 1st Amendment protected free speech, but supporting the current president is treason.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It’s because they couldn’t create the narrative if they blurred the “smirk”

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With the election of Trump, it isn't like the GOP can quite claim to be anti-hypocrisy.

Arguably, neither party could claim that ground, but in that context the differences have become blurred.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had to go back and re-read this before I caught it.

... OK... So you were hoping someone else would actually hang him? The black man? Because he lied?

I take back the suicide question, then, because I simply assumed a hanging would be a suicide. Because it usually is.

But no, you were implying murder by hanging. And that there is "still hope"[SUP]1[/SUP] that it could happen.

Alright.

People say weird things on the internet.

I have been watching your take on this and I think you inferred way too much. You sometimes tend to act as if you can actually read minds.

When I saw the first post, what I inferred was that given time Smollet may actually say that they had lynched him, but he had escaped. I took it as a joke that if he had made up everything else, he could easily amend his story to include an actual hanging.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Blue Falcon said:
    I have been watching your take on this and I think you inferred way too much. You sometimes tend to act as if you can actually read minds.

When I saw the first post, what I inferred was that given time Smollet may actually say that they had lynched him, but he had escaped. I took it as a joke that if he had made up everything else, he could easily amend his story to include an actual hanging.

Hmm.

If this is indeed a hoax then this "Smollett" person needs get the **** beat out of it..... and maybe a broken rib or two...... and some disinfectant poured over it.
    Now the rope? That's just going too far. :rolleyes:

You're right. The rope is probably too far.

But I really don't see the "joke" in this one.

Not that it matters. People are free to feel how they want to feel about other people. Just seems like there's so little time on this Earth to worry about ending lives that didn't affect/harm you personally. Justice is one thing, and I hope Smollett gets dealt some harsh justice. Death, though, just a little much.

9p2S6nt.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I had a simpler take on it than that. The comment was dark humor, sarcastic but without additional depth or significance or hidden agenda

Sometimes I think what people expect is the motivation of the poster colors their reaction to a post. If it's true for K14, as we are told ad nauseam, it is equally possible to be true for others

What if I were to say Smollett sucks as an actor? Opinion or sexual orientation dis? You make the call

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a simpler take on it than that. The comment was dark humor, sarcastic but without additional depth or significance or hidden agenda

Sometimes I think what people expect is the motivation of the poster colors their reaction to a post. If it's true for K14, as we are told ad nauseam, it is equally possible to be true for others

What if I were to say Smollett sucks as an actor? Opinion or sexual orientation dis? You make the call

I know nothing about, nor do I have any feelings negatively toward, Dead Duck.

I saw some jokes earlier that could be construed as anti-gay... which is fine, to each their own. Then saw one that felt like it was related to suicide (not uncommon among gay community)... but DD was quick to correct me: No, it was about murdering him via hanging.

Just questioning the sort of stuff people say "anonymously" on a public forum.

Edit: And I could be totally wrong. I don't necessarily follow his posting-style in other threads. Could very well be an oddly phrased "joke"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom