Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And maybe that's the case.

Just seeing a slight pattern, though.

Speaking for myself, I was talking about liars. This wasn't a lynching. This wasn't even an attack (at least it's sure starting to appear that way). But by no means was it a lynching, and in fact it's insulting to people whose families were actually affected by REAL lynchings. It's no different than anyone making a false report (lying) but it appears that it was done out of malice. If in fact it does turn out to be a hoax, he should face the consequences to the fullest extent of the law. Pretty sure no lynching will be involved, real or imagined or made up out of thin air out of malice.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    See, things like this... Do you really dislike gay people, or just Smollett?

Who in the world would want him to commit suicide over this?

I really dislike *******s!
    Suicide? Someone hanging an ******* is Suicide? :dunno:

Hey, I love gay people. Who do you think tells me the best gay jokes.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    See, things like this... Do you really dislike gay people, or just Smollett?

Who in the world would want him to commit suicide over this?

Really? I just dislike fraud and lying. Although a hetro-married man (maybe a new genre), I don't give a **** about others' activities. Leave me alone, and I'll leave you alone (the homogenous you).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm waiting for "Empire" to be boycotted.
    You know.. like Roseanne.

tenor.gif

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If this all pans out then this Smollet character needs to do some time. He needs to be made an example of. This hoax **** meant to unfairly disparage another individual or whole groups of people you happen to disagree with is going to far and is unacceptable.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Nigerian brothers say Jussie Smollett mailed threatening letter to himself. FBI is now investigating as this would be a federal crime.

Mailing a fake biological agent is really bad. I'm thinking it rhymes with weapon of mass destruction and/or terrorism.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So how much of Smollettgate was motivated by self-interest and how much was intended to push the narrative that more "hate crime" laws are necessary?

Don't forget that a new "hate crime" bill, SB 12, is on its way to the floor of the Indiana Senate. It must be stopped. My senator (Sen. Boots) was the only one in the committee that opposed it!!!
    Looks like they already amended it to pretty much gut it.
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ips-bill-all-specific-protections/2915914002/

The Indiana Senate voted to amend a hate crimes proposal Tuesday, scrapping from the bill all protected characteristics, including gender identity, race and sexual orientation.

The amendment to Senate Bill 12 removed the list of specific characteristics and added that judges can consider bias more generally as an aggravating circumstance when weighing a stricter sentence for a crime.
    Our wonderful Governor is already whining
    Gov. Eric Holcomb said the amended bill "does not get Indiana off the list of states without a bias crime law."

"We have a long way to go, a lot of work to do, and fortunately the time yet still to do it," Holcomb said. "I will continue to fight for the right ultimate outcome for our state and citizens this year so we’re not right back here in the same place next year.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom