Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is this a prevalent concern anymore? I mean I'm not aware of mass incidents of this kind of thing happening. If it is and someone can point them out to me then maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention to the issue and I would like to give it the proper credence it deserves. :dunno:

A couple of years ago there was a black kid that tied a noose and left it in a tree on campus and reported it as a hate crime.

Then recently there is the Smollet case.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So now they're taking away Lynching?

Will there be any American Pastimes left? :dunno:

nxvSeFK.gif

Harris is totally worthless.
    "Anti-Lynching Legislation"..... Really?

Hands Up Don't Shoot - all over again.....again......again.....again.....
    As long as it fits their bogus agenda, who cares that it started with lies.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...anti-lynching-legislation-speech-vote-vpx.cnn

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A couple of years ago there was a black kid that tied a noose and left it in a tree on campus and reported it as a hate crime.

Then recently there is the Smollet case.
    I guess we need a federal law for lynching hoaxers. That seems to be more prevalent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess we need a federal law for lynching hoaxers. That seems to be more prevalent.
    Well. Maybe that would be the compromise. If it has to be a federal crime, make it a federal crime to hoax it as well. And if there’s a false allegation of a person, the hoaxer gets the same sentence the accused would have gotten. That’s probably a poison pill if it ever got ammended.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well. Maybe that would be the compromise. If it has to be a federal crime, make it a federal crime to hoax it as well. And if there’s a false allegation of a person, the hoaxer gets the same sentence the accused would have gotten. That’s probably a poison pill if it ever got ammended.

I agree with this. To take it a step further, if a judge or parole board allows a convicted criminal to be released before serving their entire sentence, and said criminal commits another serious crime (not a speeding ticket or something), then whomever allowed the early release shall serve not only the original sentence, but also the same sentence for the "new" crime. I'm thinking we would see a lot fewer earlier releases. Want to let him go early? Okay, then you're personally liable for his actions, so you'd better really think long and hard about that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Quit stealing my brilliant ideas.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What is it about people named Phillips? Some kind of MK Ultra thing?

If he has a first name and middle initial he could be one of Jonas's patsies.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Finally seeing some reporting on the Today Show this morning indicating that even the MSM is starting to think Smollett made his whole "incident" up. In Chicago, false reporting is a level 4 felony, punishable by 1-3 years in prison, plus fines, and there is also the possibility that he would be on the hook for some kind of restitution for the hundreds of man hours the CPD has spent investigating this case. [STRIKE]Get woke[/STRIKE] Lie your ass off, go broke indeed...

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    So a crazy person points a gun in your face for wearing a MAGA hat, and then you follow crazy man to his car to confront him again? I'd say Darwin's theory was thwarted this time, but the 'victim' is living on borrowed time.

I thought the same thing....WHY follow him outside? Looking get shot?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom