Not open for further replies.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    right on time.

I imagine we'll be seeing the phrase "victimless crime" a few times tomorrow.

DzbBty_VsAAzwoM.jpg:small

See post 2505 for similar content.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Texts show collusion between police and far-right extremists, Oregon official claims

A member of Portland's city council said Thursday a newspaper's report that the commander for the police rapid response team exchanged friendly text messages with a leader of far-right protests that have rocked the city confirms collusion exists between some police and right-wing extremists.

"I am not shocked, and I am not surprised at today's reporting of Lt. Jeff Niiya's collaboration with Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson over text to provide aid and support for their hate marches," Councilwoman Jo Ann Hardesty said in a statement.

Willamette Week obtained text messages through a public records request between Niiya and Gibson. The texts purportedly show Niiya had a friendly rapport with Gibson, frequently discussing Gibson's plans to demonstrate.

In one text reported by the newspaper, Niiya tells Gibson that he doesn't see a need to arrest his assistant, Tusitala Toese, who often brawls with antifascist protesters, even if he has a warrant, unless Toese commits a new crime.

"Just make sure he doesn't do anything which may draw our attention," Niiya texted Gibson on Dec. 9, 2017, Willamette Week reported. "If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him. I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."

Eh, not sure I see collusion there. Maybe a questionable relationship, but it's not like he helped them plan or told them to be violent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Agreed that rapport is different than support.

However, agreeing not to arrest a guy known to have an open warrant is disconcerting to say the least. THAT shows a cozier relationship than, "Hey, keep your protest between Main Street and 2nd Street and we'll be cool."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    CBS Chicago: Police Still Questioning Two Brothers In Connection To Alleged Attack On Jussie Smollett; Charges Could Be Filed Today
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/0...tion-persons-of-interest-questioned-brothers/

The two men were seen on surveillance video near where Smollett told police he was attacked on Jan. 29. The suspects being questioned by detectives in the case are brothers who worked on Empire with Smollett. Their attorney says they could be charged on Friday.

Things that make you go "hmmm...."

ETA: Make that, "IF TRUE, Hmmmmmm....." :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

However, agreeing not to arrest a guy known to have an open warrant is disconcerting to say the least. THAT shows a cozier relationship than, "Hey, keep your protest between Main Street and 2nd Street and we'll be cool."

yeah, if they have an actual agreement there's a legitimate point to be made there.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    :draw: Hands Up, Don't Shoot! :draw:

This one is still being portrayed as factual even when the author admitted it was all completely made up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    CPD says these two guys are the subjects shown in the surveilience video and then you have Smollet making the statement he has no doubt that the subjects shown in the video are the ones that attacked him without knowing that CPD picked them up and identified them.

So either it was a hoax and they all were in on it or they actually attacked Smollet for whatever reason without him realizing they were persons that he knew.

I would be curious to see what Smollet has to say about all of these developments that have been brought to light.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

I think the comparison that you should look at is if this is "cozier" than he would/does do for the "Anti-fa" fascists with warrants.

I suspect not.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's actually way more interesting than if he'd made it up.

Waiting to see if he throws them under the bus. Probably a risky strategy as they would flip on him. (more than that already have... poke poke)

He knew who it was the entire time, he redacted the contacts with them that night before giving the phone info to the police.

This is bull**** of the highest order.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Waiting to see if he throws them under the bus. Probably a risky strategy as they would flip on him. (more than that already have... poke poke)

He knew who it was the entire time, he redacted the contacts with them that night before giving the phone info to the police.

This is bull**** of the highest order.

"Ok, Jussie, you say they beat you up; they say it was arranged. We're going to arrest them and then get out of the way."

Chicago police is a world unto itself. So maybe it makes sense up there to arrest them. Down here, if there was credible evidence that the whole thing was arranged, the charges would go (I think) a different direction.

Unless, for now, they kept their mouths shut. JS says they beat him. They don't say anything. Then, it makes sense to arrest them and let their attorneys bring out the truth.

It does explain how they knew he was on Empire, though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If it was these two guys they must be hellva good actors to fool Smollett into thinking they were white racist MAGA supporters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    carrot198
    Top Bottom