Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts to kick off the new year. I was spending way too much time and chipping away at my sanity by being on Twitter.

Seeing the toxicity that's bubbled up after this non-incident leaves me satisfied with my decision. I realized life is too short to keep self-infecting myself with this type of hateful nonsense.

But, it provided so much source material for you here.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    But, it provided so much source material for you here.

That's not necessarily a good thing. I waste too much time here too. Twitter certainly fed into that.

I was having a hard time reminding myself that Twitter isn't representative of real life, but only a small slice of the loudest, slimiest voices across the political spectrum.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Aiming for those sweet woke points, but then it backfires.

DxmT2hQWsAAW1jw.jpg:small

DxmT3ALXcAALMH2.jpg:small

DxmT3l5X0AET67-.jpg:small

DxmT4QgXgAYUstu.jpg:small

"It was something that I did not give any thought to. It was just a fast and profoundly stupid tweet."

Sounds like a majority of those unhinged reckless flamethrowers that tweet on the twitter machine. Just fire off something fast and stupid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I deleted my Facebook and Twitter accounts to kick off the new year. I was spending way too much time and chipping away at my sanity by being on Twitter.

Seeing the toxicity that's bubbled up after this non-incident leaves me satisfied with my decision. I realized life is too short to keep self-infecting myself with this type of hateful nonsense.

I wonder how many accounts on twit got canceled, suspended or even a warning over this. Probably none.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    WOW! So, her account has been deleted and the FBI is going to talk to her right?
    Also, if true on the blackface, WTF? (To the adults at the school) HOWEVER, her words are so out of balance, I'd dare say she is a ****ing lunitic. Because she is advocating shooting schools....

EDIT: In fairness, she could have meant drugs. I'd still have the same 2 questions.

Wait, I forget, does the Purple Rhino not type in Purple???? If not you are going to either be disappointed or really happy....

What those liars are labeling as "black face" to imply ridiculing and mocking black people by wearing make-up is not even remotely related to that, not racist, and not even racial. Those kids are wearing paint on their whole body at a sporting event. Some schools have blue kids, red kids, and every other color that corresponds to the school's colors or some designated color for everyone to wear and yes, some do it in black!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    What those liars are labeling as "black face" to imply ridiculing and mocking black people by wearing make-up is not even remotely related to that, not racist, and not even racial. Those kids are wearing paint on their whole body at a sporting event. Some schools have blue kids, red kids, and every other color that corresponds to the school's colors or some designated color for everyone to wear and yes, some do it in black!

Cool, thanks for the followup. Makes sense, like a spirit week thing. So another out of context thing...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Cool, thanks for the followup. Makes sense, like a spirit week thing. So another out of context thing...

100% correct. Exactly like the guys you see painted blue at Colts games.

The lies are intentional as well. No rational person would interpret that photo that way until someone presented it in that dishonest context.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That was my first thought when seeing it, but, I've never seen it done with white lips and eyes... in modern times.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That was my first thought when seeing it, but, I've never seen it done with white lips and eyes... in modern times.

Yeah, when I saw them accusing them of blackface, that was a facepalm moment. Whoever wrote that piece should be ridiculed and fired.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

1994, Howard Stern's New Year's Eve Special. It was pay per view. He actually did that while pretending to be Ted Danson, whilst Sherman Helmsley played Whoopi Goldberg (during a skit that parodied a blackface act that Ted and Whoopi did that was widely panned) They also had a Miss Howard Stern Contest. Judges included a bunch of celebs some : The Original Jerry's Kid, Mark Hammil, John Wayne Bobbi. As well as Joe Frazier seated next to a KKK Grand Wizard........apparently, humor has changed......

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1994, Howard Stern's New Year's Eve Special. It was pay per view. He actually did that while pretending to be Ted Danson, whilst Sherman Helmsley played Whoopi Goldberg (during a skit that parodied a blackface act that Ted and Whoopi did that was widely panned) They also had a Miss Howard Stern Contest. Judges included a bunch of celebs some : The Original Jerry's Kid, Mark Hammil, John Wayne Bobbi. As well as Joe Frazier seated next to a KKK Grand Wizard........apparently, humor has changed......

Well Joe Frazier has had so many knocks to the head, he might have though he was sitting next to a really closed-minded snowman.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Well Joe Frazier has had so many knocks to the head, he might have though he was sitting next to a really closed-minded snowman.

LOL! Smoking Joe was Smokin' pissed! They all got to talk a bit.....I 'm certain there's video online. Hell Howard probably sells it.
    Joe was a sensitive guy. Never really got over the Ali teasing.
    Oh and poor Sherman. One of Howard's lines was "Lordy what happened to Sherman's carreeer?: as he broke the fourth wall..."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom