• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Given the information available? Absolutely. If I see a armed guy, with pepper spray in one hand, get into a verbal altercation with another person, and then advances upon the guy I’m supposed to protect issuing the threat about “****ing him up,” and a place myself in-between the two, receive a forceful slap; I will draw down on him. If he swings his hand up from his gun side, where I have noticed a firearm, and with something in his hand, I hope he made peace with the Lord, if I fast enough.
    Wow... :facepalm: You do realize that everything that's been presented so far indicates that Keltner deployed the bear spray after Doloff drew his gun, right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow... :facepalm: You do realize that everything that's been presented so far indicates that Keltner deployed the bear spray after Doloff drew his gun, right?

Yeah, I'm clear on that. Doloff was slapped by an armed guy holding pepper spray... He be dumb not to draw his weapon.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's your quote. How about you explain it? The way I took it was that you think Keltner "purposefully walking into" Doloff's arm was a reasonable justification for the use of deadly force.

There's absolutely no way you believe that. None.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't believe it, but it seems to me that you do. Convince me otherwise. Your quote is what you offered up to justify Doloff's shoot.

No, it was offered an another possibility to counter "he was reaching for his gun," "He was reaching into his vest," with the belief that Doloff had initiated physical contact.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, it was offered an another possibility to counter "he was reaching for his gun," "He was reaching into his vest," with the belief that Doloff had initiated physical contact.

Fair enough, but that action did not justify drawing down on Keltner IMHO. And it certainly didn't justify shooting him after drawing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I think that he deployed it after Doloff had initiated the draw, not after he had been shot.

And that's why SB is going into the ground. First, you don't threaten people for taking photographs, second, you don't slap a person who is trying to prevent you from advancing on the person you threaten, third, you don't present from you gun side (where you have a gun) with pepper spray, when the other person has a firearm trained on you. He played the stupid game, three times. The first two, worked out well for him... the last, not so much.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Given the information available? Absolutely. If I see a armed guy, with pepper spray in one hand, get into a verbal altercation with another person, and then advances upon the guy I’m supposed to protect issuing the threat about “****ing him up,” and a place myself in-between the two, receive a forceful slap; I will draw down on him. If he swings his hand up from his gun side, where I have noticed a firearm, and with something in his hand, I hope he made peace with the Lord, if I fast enough.
    The information we have. Not the information in your imagination. There is no mention in the police narrative that Keltner had a gun.

Some here have suggested that he did, but if he did, I would think police would have mentioned it. They initially reported that there were two guns recovered at the scene. However the most recent narrative did not say anything about the second gun.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh. And it’s not verified that Keltner said that he was going to “**** him up”. Someone was caught on the audio saying that. It’s probably safe to presume that it was Keltner. We’re not aware of anyone else specifically that angry at the scene. But the video/stills did not show the whole area.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah not seeing where keltner had a gun. But let’s keep making **** up to show we aren’t *******s that flip flop on this subject to meet the needs of the narrative.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    But according to all evidence solid DID initiate physical contact. Period. Full stop. Photographic evidence shows Dolloff going hands on, keltner ***** slapping him, then backing off. Doloff then draws his firearm while keltner’ pepper spray was down at his side. That is what happened. You are refusing to admit to that. Your scenario is a fantasy to make your idiotic comments seem less idiotic. Bitxh slapping someone putting their hands on you first does not meet the threshold for deadly force anywhere but Carmel apparently.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But according to all evidence solid DID initiate physical contact. Period. Full stop. Photographic evidence shows Dolloff going hands on, keltner ***** slapping him, then backing off. Doloff then draws his firearm while keltner’ pepper spray was down at his side. That is what happened. You are refusing to admit to that. Your scenario is a fantasy to make your idiotic comments seem less idiotic. Bitxh slapping someone putting their hands on you first does not meet the threshold for deadly force anywhere but Carmel apparently.

False...
    and didn't you just say...

Yeah not seeing where keltner had a gun. But let’s keep making **** up to show we aren’t *******s that flip flop on this subject to meet the needs of the narrative.

I-r-o-n-i-c

lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And that's why SB is going into the ground. First, you don't threaten people for taking photographs, second, you don't slap a person who is trying to prevent you from advancing on the person you threaten, third, you don't present from you gun side (where you have a gun) with pepper spray, when the other person has a firearm trained on you. He played the stupid game, three times. The first two, worked out well for him... the last, not so much.

We can argue what he should or shouldn't have done, but that doesn't change how the law views it.

Top Bottom