miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    islam_not_a_race.jpg

****!

I thought all leprechauns were Catholic!

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    And we don't know why they did it, but we do know that they owned a small arsenal of guns (4) and had a stockpile (a few hundred rounds) of ammunition.

God help me if I'm ever investigated for anything. My house might get an instant JDAM strike on it due to the "large cache" of weapons....

No kidding, think of the headlines any of our houses would bring. "armor piercing rounds, assault rifles, hundreds of rounds, etc..."

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    And we don't know why they did it, but we do know that they owned a small arsenal of guns (4) and had a stockpile (a few hundred rounds) of ammunition.

God help me if I'm ever investigated for anything. My house might get an instant JDAM strike on it due to the "large cache" of weapons....

But how many pipe bombs and IEDs do you have in your garage? These were not just gun and ammunition owners. Multiple pipe bombs? Multiple IEDs? IEDs strapped on top of remote control cars? Give me a break.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just heard on the news that the woman involved in the San Bernadino murders actually converted her American born husband to Islam. But aren't we being told the Syrian refugees that are both Muslim and women are no threat to the United States ? Something must be wrong with one of these statements. I'm confused ! (Insert purple where applicable)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How should we define terrorism? I've heard in several places people asking, why does it matter? Why do we have to label it? What collateral violence might we be triggering by this need to pin a label on something. Doesn't the need to label this "terrorism" really enable politicians to avoid dealing with the root cause and just wring their hands of it?

Is terrorism what happens when radical Islamists are involved in mass killing? Is labeling it an excuse to point fingers at a group of people to blame them?

No, it's not important to label it, per se. However it vitally important to classify it. How do we know how to deal with this if we just say, yeah, bad **** happened, but who cares why? We need to know what motivated that couple to kill. That motivation, once discovered will need a name. A label, classifying it for what it is. It's absurd to avoid labeling it just to avoid the potential social consequences of what it is. Fear of reprisal is not a reason to be dishonest with the public. It is what it is whether we assign a label to it or not.

Given the information we have so far it sounds very much to me that all the criteria for "Domestic Terrorism" are checked. But I'm not an investigator. So let them do the investigation, take their time. Be sure of the facts. But in the end, they need to properly classify the conclusions with whatever label is appropriate. And let us deal with that. It's not like labels are there just for the sake of labels. Though I do suppose if they labeled it as "workplace violence" it might be easier to go back to talking about gun control.

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
    • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
    • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
    18 U.S.C. § 2332b defines the term "federal crime of terrorism" as an offense that:

• Is calculated to influence or affect the conduct of government by intimidation or coercion, or to retaliate against government conduct; and
    • Is a violation of one of several listed statutes, including § 930(c) (relating to killing or attempted killing during an attack on a federal facility with a dangerous weapon); and § 1114 (relating to killing or attempted killing of officers and employees of the U.S.).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How should we define terrorism? I've heard in several places people asking, why does it matter? Why do we have to label it? What collateral violence might we be triggering by this need to pin a label on something. Doesn't the need to label this "terrorism" really enable politicians to avoid dealing with the root cause and just wring their hands of it?

Is terrorism what happens when radical Islamists are involved in mass killing? Is labeling it an excuse to point fingers at a group of people to blame them?

No, it's not important to label it, per se. However it vitally important to classify it. How do we know how to deal with this if we just say, yeah, bad **** happened, but who cares why? We need to know what motivated that couple to kill. That motivation, once discovered will need a name. A label, classifying it for what it is. It's absurd to avoid labeling it just to avoid the potential social consequences of what it is. Fear of reprisal is not a reason to be dishonest with the public. It is what it is whether we assign a label to it or not.

Given the information we have so far it sounds very much to me that all the criteria for "Domestic Terrorism" are checked. But I'm not an investigator. So let them do the investigation, take their time. Be sure of the facts. But in the end, they need to properly classify the conclusions with whatever label is appropriate. And let us deal with that. It's not like labels are there just for the sake of labels. Though I do suppose if they labeled it as "workplace violence" it might be easier to go back to talking about gun control.

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
    • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
    • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
    18 U.S.C. § 2332b defines the term "federal crime of terrorism" as an offense that:

• Is calculated to influence or affect the conduct of government by intimidation or coercion, or to retaliate against government conduct; and
    • Is a violation of one of several listed statutes, including § 930(c) (relating to killing or attempted killing during an attack on a federal facility with a dangerous weapon); and § 1114 (relating to killing or attempted killing of officers and employees of the U.S.).

As long as the correct label is stuck on it, I agree with you. That is, if the actual investigators come to the decision that yes, this is terrorism, well and good, so long as those in charge of either making or publicizing statements (or those to whom either of them answer) broadcast that.

The problem arises when Joe Friday and Bill Gannon come up with "terrorism" and either the Secretary of Male Bovine Excrement or the News Director for WTFO-TV decide to report "workplace violence", that we run into problems.

On the surface, I could see from the evidence we've had presented to us that this might be targeted, workplace BS. However, one doesn't typically make IEDs with a remote controlled car delivery system for workplace BS... Let's be honest, most workplace BS is handled with an email or possibly a :boxing: in the parking lot.

I'm not willing to call it "terror" solely on the basis of the perpetrators having Middle-Eastern-sounding names. With more info, that may change.
    At the moment, it sounds more "sleeper" and/or "false-flag" to me. Tinfoil firmly in place.
    tinfoilhat.gif
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom