Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    15134633_586055838257086_4412541172424045008_n.jpg

Is that from this instance:

[video=youtube;7N5X7P7VBB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5X7P7VBB4[/video]

Or this instance:

[video=youtube;92mL33u5nsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92mL33u5nsg&t=381s[/video]

Or are these the same instance?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Not a whole lot, based on the overall substance of your post, I can argue with. Hence why I said the better question isn't why Black people don't vote for Republicans, but why they continue to vote for Democrats.

Yeah maybe I lost track of the question there. Again totally USWAG: the same solidarity that allowed the blacks to successfully require changes in American society has, unfortunately, trapped them and KEPT them in that bloc mentality. With other ethnic groups, the Irish, the Eastern and Southern Europeans, assimilation produced inter-marriage, which diluted the tendency to form blocs based on ethnicity. Because blacks and other people of color were kept from that type of intermixing until recently - by society's mores and in some places by law - they've had several generations to "solidify" those blocs. Perhaps - just perhaps - the increase in interracial marriage between blacks and other ethniicities will, at some point, overpower the propaganda that's holding them together. Perhaps, as someone said upthread, at some point ALL Americans will begin to think and act as individuals in their approach to politics.

Certainly, at that point, it would be harder for political parties to simultaneously count on ethnic voting blocs while ignoring them after the election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not a whole lot, based on the overall substance of your post, I can argue with. Hence why I said the better question isn't why Black people don't vote for Republicans, but why they continue to vote for Democrats.

I get the point about voting blocs and the civil rights era. But this is 50 years later. Why don't they vote according to their individual needs? Why do they let CNN tell them who they should be voting for? Why do they let Hollywood tell them who to vote for? Or Rap stars (Kanya West, not withstanding). Stephan Smith gets it.

Even Obama got it enough to write about it.

Barack Obama said:
    A plantation. Black people in the worst jobs. The worst housing. Police brutality rampant. But when the so-called black committeemen came around election time, we’d all line up and vote the straight Democratic ticket. Sell our soul for a Christmas turkey.

Oh crap. Sorry people. I keep forgetting this is the funny pictures thread. I'm done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I get the point about voting blocs and the civil rights era. But this is 50 years later. Why don't they vote according to their individual needs? Why do they let CNN tell them who they should be voting for? Why do they let Hollywood tell them who to vote for? Or Rap stars (Kanya West, not withstanding). Stephan Smith gets it.

Even Obama got it enough to write about it.

Oh crap. Sorry people. I keep forgetting this is the funny pictures thread. I'm done.

If I hadn't read the book, I'd think that quote was insightful. But since I have, I'm going to assume that you cherry-picked, implying something that's not in the book, or that you haven't read the book yourself. That comment was neither made by Obama, and is in reference to a specific place, notorious for corrupt politics, during a specific time. Have you read the book Jamil?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I hadn't read the book, I'd think that quote was insightful. But since I have, I'm going to assume that you cherry-picked, implying something that's not in the book, or that you haven't read the book yourself. That comment was neither made by Obama, and is in reference to a specific place, notorious for corrupt politics, during a specific time. Have you read the book Jamil?

No. My mother in law read the book and she pointed out the quote. But WRT inner city, is that not how it works? Is the bit from the book the only thing you have to say?

crap. Sorry INGO. Just can't help myself. I'll have to try to find a funny picture to post.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. My mother in law read the book and she pointed out the quote. But WRT inner city, is that not how it works? Is the bit from the book the only thing you have to say?

crap. Sorry INGO. Just can't help myself. I'll have to try to find a funny picture to post.

Well, I'd like you to explain why there's such a wild discrepancy between minority support for Democrats vs Republicans. It's not just Black people. Asians and Latinos also vote in significant numbers for Democrats, than Republicans. Given that I'm unaware of any Asians or Latinos being on plantations, is that rice patty or vegetable field politics? What the logic of them soundly rejecting the GOP?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom